THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bs6+ negative modifiers

Go down 
+2
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
colinsherlow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Bs6+ negative modifiers Empty
PostSubject: Bs6+ negative modifiers   Bs6+ negative modifiers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25 2017, 18:44

So what does one do with modifiers when modifiers make it so that you can't hit on a 6+. Say with a -1 to hit. So needing 7s to hit. Does a 6 still always hit? I know 1s are always a fail.

Any page reference numbers?

Thanks

Sybarite
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy

PostSubject: Re: Bs6+ negative modifiers   Bs6+ negative modifiers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25 2017, 18:46

If you are referring to overwatch, 6's always hits.

colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Bs6+ negative modifiers   Bs6+ negative modifiers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25 2017, 19:10

Not referring to Overwatch.

Imagining orks being BS5+, moving with a heavy weapon for a -1 and shooting at a flyer for another -1.

Hellion
Arani

PostSubject: Re: Bs6+ negative modifiers   Bs6+ negative modifiers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25 2017, 19:19

There is nothing in the rule book about a 6 always hitting (other than in overwatch). So technically it's possible to make it so your unit is impossible to hit. I had to play against this yesterday with a few people playing Tau and loading up on Ghostkeels and Stealth drones.

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Bs6+ negative modifiers   Bs6+ negative modifiers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 05:45

Its very possible to make some units impossible to hit.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Bs6+ negative modifiers   Bs6+ negative modifiers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 16:46

Keep in mind that the FAQ ruled that a dice roll can be modified above a 6+. Albeit, the examples list saving throws, however, if you can have a 7+ save, I don't see why you can't have a 7+ to Hit.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Bs6+ negative modifiers   Bs6+ negative modifiers I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27 2017, 09:54

You can have a 7+ to hit just like save. Unfortunately that means that any roll of a D6 will never achieve the score required.
Unless you can get some other ability in there to boost it again.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bs6+ negative modifiers   Bs6+ negative modifiers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bs6+ negative modifiers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: