THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wave Serpent Serpent Shield

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

Wave Serpent Serpent Shield Empty
PostSubject: Wave Serpent Serpent Shield   Wave Serpent Serpent Shield I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 17:15

Am I reading this wrong? The Serpent Shield rule states, "Any damage suffered from a ranged weapon is reduced to 1, to a minimum of 1."
From my understanding, this rule means that a weapon that causes D6 damage only causes 1.

Am I wrong in this? Please tell me I'm wrong in this..because by my calculation that means we need just under 30 Dark Lance shots to kill a single Wave Serpent.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Serpent Shield   Wave Serpent Serpent Shield I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 18:02

the weave serpent shield states that all damage is "reduced by 1" not "reduced to 1", So if you roll a 6 for a D6 damage weapon, the serpent would take 5 wounds.

Straight numbers game, it will take 12 dark lance shots to kill a wave serpent. you hit on a 3+ (.667) and wound on a 3+ (S8 vs T7, so .667) with no saves. The Average on a d6 is 3.5, but the shield reduces it to 2.5. After you enter all of that, it comes out to roughly 12 dark lance shots.

Again though we all know that straight math is not king in this game, but nowhere near should it take 30 shots to kill 1 wave serpent

Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Serpent Shield   Wave Serpent Serpent Shield I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 21:18

Yea. Serpent makes Plasmas and Dissies and similar weapons very ineffective.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Serpent Shield   Wave Serpent Serpent Shield I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27 2017, 09:53

"Any damage suffered by a Wave Serpent from a ranged weapon is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 1."

This is indeed true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent Serpent Shield   Wave Serpent Serpent Shield I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wave Serpent Serpent Shield
Page 1 of 1