THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation   Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 10:21

Thought I'd put all the rules, for the various proposed additions to my kabal, together here.

Archon Taro Nagae - 150 points
WS7 BS7 S3 T3 W3 I7 A4 Ld10 Sv4+

Unit Type: Infantry.

Skystriker - Scourges may be taken as Troops choices in an army which includes Taro Nagae.

Wargear: Ghostplate armour, phantasm grenade launcher, glowing blade (counts as an agoniser), Shadow field.

Conflagrator: This pistol, sometimes called Kianifie which litterary means Flame of Darkness, was crafted by Taro himself soon after he had seized contol of the kabal. It fires small crystals glowing with heat from dark flames, which when in contact with living matter sets the foe ablaze, often also burning those around him. It has this profile:

Range: 12" S: 4 Ap: 4 Type: Pistol, Pinning

Any model wounded by the Conflagrator suffer from Instant Death, regardless of its Toughness. If the Conflagrator causes an unsaved wound, it immediately causes an additional D6 S4 AP5 hits to the unit. These additional hits cannot be triggered more than once per shot and they do not cause instant death, however they ignore cover saves.

Special rules: Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Independent Character.

The Old Grudge - Taro holds a burning hatred for his brother and his kin. He has the Prefered Enemy - Eldar special rule, and confers this to any unit he joins.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Void Phoenix - 20 points
Beastmaster units in an army containing Taro Nagae may include 0-3 Void Phoenixes.
WS4 BS1 S4 T3 W2 I5 A3 Ld5 Sv6+

Unit type: Beast.

Special Rules:
Rise from the Ashes - The first time a Void Phoenix loses its last wound, roll a D6. On a 5+, it is not dead but instead remains in play with one wound left.

Voidflame: This is a shooting attack with the following profile:
Range: Template S:4 Ap:4 Assault 1, Pinning

Original idea by Xelkireth
------------------------------------------------------
Tengu, Horror of the Skies - 65 points (not including the cost of the original Scourge)
One Scourge unit in an army containing Taro Nagae may upgrade one Scourge to Tengu instead of to a Solarite.
WS5 BS5 S3 T3 W1 I6 A2 Ld9 Save: 4+

Unit type: Jump Infantry

Wargear: Ghostplate armour, plasma grenades, heat lance.

Tempest Fan: This is a power weapon. It may also be thrown, where it counts as a ranged weapon with this profile:
Range: 12" S: 3 Ap: 2 Assault 3

The Red Mask of Tengu: All enemy models within 12" and with Line of Sight of Tengu suffers a -1 penalty to their Leadership.

Special Rules: Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain.

Master Flyer: When deploying via Deep Strike, Tengu and his unit may re-roll the scatter dice. In addition, they have a 5+ cover save until the beginning of your next turn.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will add more stuff on this post as I make them up - I have some ideas indeed. Now Taro and Tengu has already been posted of but the Void Phoenix had not, so how does it sound?

Last edited by Saintspirit on Fri Nov 04 2011, 17:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation   Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 02:45

I like the void Pheonix I wish I could take those…
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation   Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 12:00

Might i suggest a change to the pistol - something like may be fired as a S4, AP4 template or a S8 AP2 melta? It seems like the rules for this weapon are overly complex is all.
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation   Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 12:32

It is true they are complex, but it is pretty much needed... He shoots someone, who then immolates. That is what happens.

Two weapons:

Shadow Pyre - 5 points
This is a shooting weapon. If you have Taro Nagae in your army, it is added to what up to four Kabalite Trueborn per squad may take, what one Kabalite Warrior per squad may take, and what two Scourges per each five, per squad, may take.
Range - Template S:4 Ap:5 Assault 1, Pinning

Darkflame Conjurer - free
This is a shooting weapon. If you have Taro Nagae in your army, Raiders, Ravagers and Razorwing Jetfighters may replace any Dark Lance with a Darkflame Conjurer (If Razorwing Jetfighters do, they must replace both Dark Lances).
Range: Template* S:5 Ap:3 Heavy 1, Pinning

*To fire the Darkflame Conjurer place the template so that the narrow end is within 6" of the weapon and the large end is no closer to the weapon than the narrow end. The Darkflame Conjurer is then treated like any other template weapon.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation   Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 12:31

The Dusk Knight (HQ choice): 145 points
WS6 BS6 S3 T3 W3 I7 A4 Ld9 Sv3+

Composition: 1 (Unique)
Unit Type: Infantry

Wargear:
- Incubus warsuit
- The Harbinger: The Harbinger counts as a Hellglaive that ignores armour saves.

Special Rules:
- Fleet
- Night Vision
- Power from Pain
- Independent Character
- Stealth
- Hierarch of the Dark Temple: The Dusk Knight may only join units of Incubi. However, any unit of Incubi that he joins gains the Stealth special rule as long as he is in the unit. The Dusk Knight also has the Klaivex powers 'Onslaught' and 'Murderous Assault'.
-----------------------

How does he sound? Not sure if he should have something more, if he should cost more/less, or even both. It is pretty fluffy, though.
Back to top Go down
Angrypeasant
Hellion
Angrypeasant

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation   Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 14:05

I like the idea of having the Dusk Knight either allow Incubi be chosen as Core slots or allow the unit he joins at the start of the game to be a scoring unit.

also, the Dusk Knight name makes me think of Batman "the Dark Knight"
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation   Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 14:25

Angrypeasant wrote:
I like the idea of having the Dusk Knight either allow Incubi be chosen as Core slots or allow the unit he joins at the start of the game to be a scoring unit.

also, the Dusk Knight name makes me think of Batman "the Dark Knight"
Either idea sounds nice; considering that he is a hierarch after all, core Incubi might not be so unbelievable (of course, his cost would be much higher if so).

And about the Dark Knight... Maybe so, but they don't have any sort of connection if you wondered. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation   Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix: A rule compilation
Page 1 of 1