THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Result of the Boise Cup GT

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Result of the Boise Cup GT Empty
PostSubject: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27 2017, 19:48

...fourth!

You´ll find the results here: https://www.bestcoastpairings.com/r/30xgpw4c

Sadly I donßt find the Dark Eldar player´s list.

Slave
FunkyGroove

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 03:18

Found his list on the app,

Battalion
HQ:
Archon with blast pistol and agoniser
Venom with x2 cannons

Archon with blast pistol and agoniser
Venom with x2 Cannons

Troops:
Kabalite Warriors x5
Venom with x2 Cannons

Kabalite Warriors x5
Venom with x2 Cannons

Kabalite Warriors x5
Venom with x2 Cannons

Fast Attack:
Scourges x5, Dark Lances x4, Blast Pistol and Power Lance

Heavy Support
Ravager with Dark Lances x3

Air Wing
Flyers:
Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances x2

Seems like a very straightforward scoot-and-shoot list. The tournament was run at 1850 points and he had some points to spend, which would explain the scourges with a power lance.

Sad to see Jeremy's harlequin list get hard countered on the top table. Makes me cautious of seeing similar flyer-spam lists in the future.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 05:01

I got really confused for a second but then I realize that Jeremy's last battle was against the #1 player in a full on sweep. Yeah that stinks.

Good to see that ye old DE lists still holds up, albeit with a side dish of flyers.

What's the relevance of the team names under the players? Was this a full 7v7 thing and that's just the listing of how each individual player did?

Also of note: CTRL + F, search for factions, gives you a decent look at the spread of how the factions did overall
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 11:21

I want to see the Harlequin list can you get that for me? At a temp job atm.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior
PartZebra

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 12:43

Here you go, it's more of an Ynnari list, but hey ho! I also think the patrol detachment is written incorrectly and is meant to include one of the troupes.

Yvraine = 132
• Gaze of Ynnead
• Word of the Phoenix

Troupe Master = 77
• Harlequin's Caress
• Fusion Pistol

Shadowseer = 134
• Shuriken Pistol
• Hallucinogen Grenade Launcher
• Mist Stave
• Mirror Minds

Harlequin Troupe x 5 = 138
• 5 Harlequin's Caress
• 2 Fusion Pistol

• 5 Harlequin's Caress
• 2 Fusion Pistol

• 5 Harlequin's Caress
• 2 Fusion Pistol

• 5 Harlequin's Caress
• 2 Fusion Pistol

Hemlock Wraithfighter = 211
• 2 Heavy D-Scyth

Hemlock Wraithfighter = 211
• 2 Heavy D-Scyth

Dedi Trans Starweaver = 99
• 2 Shuriken Cannons

• 2 Shuriken Cannons

• 2 Shuriken Cannons

Patrol Detachment

Shadowseer = 134
• Shuriken Pistol
• Hallucinogen Grenade Launcher
• Mist Stave
• Fog of Dreams

• 2 Shuriken Cannons

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 13:33

Hmm thanks, I play 2 Shadowseers and 1 Troupe Master too, i also take 1-2 Fusion Pistols per unit as well, the Math works out better per points if you splash in some Embraces if you have a Troupe master near so i do 2 Embraces per unit (this also saves me a total of 30pts for same wounds as 5 Caress).

I also take 4 Starweavers and a Hemlock (they are too good not too).
I understand the appeal for Ynnari but i atm still find Rising Crescendo for E:HQ better than Ynnari, especially in a TAC list. Chasing down Skimmers, charging units like Dark Reapers/ML devastators in cover in the back, or Charging a vehicle so it cant attack > fall back and charge something else if need too.

Also with Ynnari i would think you would want 1 full unit with Fusion guns, dbl shooting pistol Lances is darn good.

I guess i need to try it out, ive play E:HQ many times in 8th already and IDK if i can live without the Rising Crescendo.

Last edited by amishprn86 on Wed Jun 28 2017, 13:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior
PartZebra

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 13:49

Yeah, I'm working on on Harlequins army now but I haven't had a chance to play them - I currently favor the Troupe Masters above the Shadowseers, but maybe that'll change later on.

That being said, I can see SfD working really well for the Quins; the units are so small and their output so high that I reckon a single Soulburst will end up causing a domino effect. Stuff will die. Fast.
Reckon the Solitaire would be as good without Rising Crescendo?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 14:06

The Solitaire does work without it, Mostly b.c the Blitz (add 2d6 movement) and his normal 12" movement, i've used him with my DE a few times, just be careful turn 1, with RC he can get insane charges with a Shadowseer (2, 12+Advance movements is alot).

The Shadowseers are extremely important to keep you stuff alive, -1 to wound is huge on t3 guys

Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior
PartZebra

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 14:10

Ah fair!

I was looking at Jeremy's list and marveling that one of his Shadowseers takes Mirror of Minds. I mean, I guess if it works it could do some decent mortal wounds, but it could just whiff. Is it really worth skipping an additional move?

Then again, I suppose if literally all of his infantry are in Starweavers, then the extra move isn't entirely necessary Razz

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 14:12

Well sense you can only use a power once and the Shadowsweers can take 2, you can have each Shadowseer take the important one (-1 to hit against you) and each other take the other ones.

Mirror of Minds almost doesnt do anything honestly, Smite does more most of the time (i've tried it a few games, didnt do much at all)

Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior
PartZebra

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 14:23

As expected honestly.

Of course, I wager a combat that features a Troupe within range of the Master's bubble and affected by Yvraine's Ancestors' Grace is gonna be pretty darn good.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 14:49

Hmm i need to try it out now, sense i just Re-read the SfD rules you can make a charge even if you "advance" so if you play it correctly you can advance 2-3 units kill something and charge still if you where out of range.

I also a unit of Fusion pistols sounds even better now, you can charge a vehicle, get a SfD actions from the Powers or just from another unit near by dying then you can "shoot" 5 Fusion guns at the tank.
Or move and Shoot a Rhino to kill it then shoot the guys inside and charge something else.

I might have to play Ynnari for a few weeks now, i have a great idea for a conversion of a Yvraine for my Harlequins.

Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior
PartZebra

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 16:29

Ooooh, definitely PM me a pic or something once you're finished - I'd love to see it

Just finished building my Yvraine this morning, been considering painting her the same scheme as my Harlies but I'm not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 18:31

Sure.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Result of the Boise Cup GT   Result of the Boise Cup GT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Result of the Boise Cup GT
Page 1 of 1