THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Must you fight in the fight phase

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eric.emerson
Slave
eric.emerson

Must you fight in the fight phase Empty
PostSubject: Must you fight in the fight phase   Must you fight in the fight phase I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29 2017, 22:11

Had an interesting situation.  I was in melee with a vehicle, I charged it on my turn and brought it down to 2 wounds.  On my opponents turn he of course attacked with it, but I did not want to attack it in his turn because it might explode.  The rules only seem to say that a unit within 1" of the enemy may be chosen to fight not that it must.  I wanted to be able to shoot it to death with my troops out of harms way.

What are peoples thoughts? Is this cheezy, and is my interpretation wrong?
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Must you fight in the fight phase   Must you fight in the fight phase I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29 2017, 23:23

Im fairly certain there was a discussion on this a week or two ago. I'll see if I can find it but I'm fairly certain that their conclusion is that everyone in melee must fight if possible. The "choosing" is in reference to players taking turns for combat.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Must you fight in the fight phase   Must you fight in the fight phase I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 06:29

The FAQ. All models That are able to fight must do so. The FAQ is more wordy

Slave
eric.emerson

PostSubject: Re: Must you fight in the fight phase   Must you fight in the fight phase I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 21:58

So where is this FAQ?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Must you fight in the fight phase   Must you fight in the fight phase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 01 2017, 00:41

Was on the 40k FB page. Not sure where GW puts it on their website?

Hellion
BloodyOdd

PostSubject: Re: Must you fight in the fight phase   Must you fight in the fight phase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 01 2017, 03:16

Its under Developer's Commentary on the Warhammer Community page the day of launch
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Must you fight in the fight phase   Must you fight in the fight phase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 01 2017, 23:25

The designers commentary is on this page: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/17/new-edition-now-available-read-the-rules-get-the-t-shirtgw-homepage-post-1/

PostSubject: Re: Must you fight in the fight phase   Must you fight in the fight phase I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Must you fight in the fight phase
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: