THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

FAQs are out

Go down 
+12
Mcprowlington
Barrywise
LordSplata
amorrowlyday
Keast Kannegaard
DingK
Hellstrom
Gherma
TeenageAngst
Trueborn44
alexwellace
The Shredder
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 19:39

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

The main things I've seen for us so far are:

- Stinger Pistol now wounds non-vehicles on 2s.

- Venoms and Raiders cannot transport Hellions or Scourges.

- Ynnari units can only be included if every unit in the army is Ynnari.

- Word of the Phoenix can only target Infantry, Bikers or the Yncarne.
Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 20:09

Ynnari units can only be included if every unit in the detachment is Ynnari I believe. So we can include them, they just need to be a self-contained detachment.
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 20:18

@alexwellace that's right yeah. It specially mentions detachments.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 20:19

Alex is correct.

Also lol at day 1 errata practically. They're already talking about the next batch. I wonder how many FAQs and errata we will need before this is finally the most balanced version of 40k we have been asking for.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 20:39

Yes you can have a Yinnari detachment in an aeldari army. This means that you can actually have covens and Yinnari in the same army... someone was almost fighting on this topic here on the forum a few days ago.

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 20:39

Honestly, I'm more excited about having Ynnari and Mandrakes in the same detachment. Razz
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 21:09

The Shredder wrote:
Honestly, I'm more excited about having Ynnari and Mandrakes in the same detachment. Razz

You can't. They can be in separate detachements though.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 21:12

The Shredder wrote:

Well, too bad, cause they can't be in the same Detachment, only in the same ARMY.
Back to top Go down
Keast Kannegaard
Hellion
Keast Kannegaard

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 21:28

Does this mean we can't take an CWE or Harleguins in a mainly DE detachment, but need a separate detachment for them?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 21:30

No. It means if you want those units to have ynnari you need a seperate detachment for them. A non-ynnari keyword Aeldari detachment would be able to do that just fine.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 21:57

Hellstrom wrote:
The Shredder wrote:

You can't.  They can be in separate detachements though.

Sorry, meant same army. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 03:18

Good to see that our 6+ fnp got FAQed to, yes it does stop mortal wounds.
I was on the fence about that one
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 05:01

Not our FAQ but just thought I should mention it, as it's pretty freakin scary. Khorne Berzerkers get to fight twice each fight phase. If they charged, they get to fight first twice. That's downright nasty.

Now back to us. It's nice that the vehicle explosions don't damage the occupants.

Slave
Mcprowlington

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 07:41

Really surprised they didn't touch on combat drugs. Does passing around each drug once allow me to then throw grave lotus and adrenalight at anything and everything or what?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 09:49

So despite being that way when introduced, you can no longer take Yvraine, Visarch or Yncarne in any other Aeldari Detachment. Because they are Ynnari. THats a damn shame.

But here's fun - the Tau Tidwall is an open topped vehicle. Meaning currently Tau can't fire Overwatch out of it. Very Happy

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Britishgrotesque
Hellion
Britishgrotesque

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 10:27

You can still take them in an aeldari detachment, but you can't have that detachment be ynnari unless they all are. Nothing stopping you putting a visarch in a dark eldar detachment. You just can't put DE in a ynnari detachment, unless you want them to be ynnari too.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 10:30

"If your army is Battle-Forged, Ynnari units can only be included in Detachments in which all units have the Ynnari keyword."

The characters ARE Ynnari. So they can not join any Detachment which is not Ynnari. Not Drukhari, Asuryani or Harlequin. They can ONLY join Ynnari Detachments.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 10:43

Mcprowlington wrote:
Really surprised they didn't touch on combat drugs. Does passing around each drug once allow me to then throw grave lotus and adrenalight at anything and everything or what?

Shh dont tell them, they will nerf it, its not even that strong but its something i dont want to lose   geek

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 13:04

Oh, something else of interest:

Q: Is the cost of the combat shield included in the Company Champion and Company Champion on Bike’s points?
A: No. This (and all similar ‘other wargear’ found in the points values section must be paid for in the same way as a model’s weapons.

Whilst not a direct answer, this would indicate that Autarchs do have to pay for their Forceshields.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 13:50

Is the "combat shield" in the "wargear" section or listen above the weapons/under the Stats?

Or is it listen in the "Abilities" section?

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 14:05

It only appears in the 'Abilities' section.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 14:07

Force shield or storm shield, or both?

If so thats odd to me to pay for something in the ability section and not be listed in the Wargear sections, i hope thats changed just for simplicity.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 14:15

I said this before 8e was even released, how hard is it to include a line in the datasheet for wargear? In fact, it was harder NOT to include it, as it was already in the 7e datasheet and they took it out!

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 14:18

amishprn86 wrote:
Force shield or storm shield, or both?

If so thats odd to me to pay for something in the ability section and not be listed in the Wargear sections, i hope thats changed just for simplicity.

Hang on, I think I need to actually show the images here:

Spoiler:

The Company Champion has a Combat Shield that only appears in his Abilities section.

The Eldar Autarch has a Forceshield that only appears in his Abilities section.

The FAQ states that the Company Champion must pay for his Combat Shield, even though it isn't listed under his wargear.

Hence, it's likely that the same rule applies to Eldar Autarchs - that they also have to pay for their Forceshields even though they're not listed as wargear.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 14:21

Yeah... its not listed in the "wargear" section so its extremely easy and understandable that players overlooked it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FAQs are out Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs are out   FAQs are out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FAQs are out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY ::