THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Revenant Titan (8th Ed)

Go down 
+2
krayd
Arani
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Arani
Hellion
Arani

The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) Empty
PostSubject: The Revenant Titan (8th Ed)   The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 13:22

The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) 4ce60b0
(Pardon the lack of quality painting, I've had to redesign my Craftworld Eldar scheme about 4 times now and am just now getting started on this new one)

Howdy folks,

So the other week I managed to get my first, 8th edition game in with my Revenant titan, and I wanted to share with all of you a few key things I noticed during the match.

To start, my Revenant titan is equipped with Sonic lances currently, and thus I fielded it as is. All in all it had 4 weapons, 2 sonic lances, a cloud burst missile launcher, and titanic stride.  

From the beginning I was rather concerned about the sonic lances.  They took a massive hit this edition (albeit not without some just cause) and went from being 18" torrent, hellstorm template weapons, to a meager 3d6 shots at 18".  Formerly the lances were AP2, wounded everything on a 3+, rolled 3d6 for armor penetration at strength 1, and any unit hit by the template were forced to take a pinning test on 3d6, and vehicles hit by the template suffered an auto crew-stunned result along with any other damage caused by the armor penetration.  

It's movement speed also got dropped slightly, and the holo-fields feel fairly weak, as they're based on the total distance traveled.  In order to get a 4+ invuln save, you have to advance, in which case it can't shoot any of it's weapons, or charge for that matter, making it almost useless.

With 32 wounds at T9, and with a decent armor save, I figured it'd be at least fairly durable, and it was to a degree.  But for how much it costs, it leaves a lot to be desired.

But onto the fight..
Battle Report:

So what did I learn?

Well..

One thing I found interesting was that now the Revenant can take different loadouts than before.  Rather than previously where you could only equip Sonic Lances OR Pulsars, now you can mix and match them as you like.

Also the Revenant is able to hit on 2's at first, at least until it takes a few wounds, making the Pulsars even more appealing.

The Sonic lances were definitely underwhelming, they weren't very good at anti-horde duty, and were even worse at killing vehicles (they only do 1 damage per shot).  The Pulsars meanwhile have almost the same amount of shots, much better range, wound damn near everything in the game on 2's, have a better AP, and do D6 damage per shot, with a chance to do 2d6 damage.  The Pulsars feel like a much better choice, and have a very high chance of killing two Imperial Knights and their equivalents in a single turn.  Also with the Pulsars you can stay back at range, using that 60" distance to a massive advantage.

The Holo-fields aren't -terrible-, although they do leave a lot to be desired.  I think the best way to get the most out of them, is to throw the Revenant in back field with two pulsars, and just jump it back and forth across your deployment zone, giving you a 5+ invuln against anything that has enough range.  (Then again.. with the amount of shots you get with Pulsars, anything that has as much range as you do, will probably get mulched)

I can definitely see taking a single, Sonic lance as a boon.  It does make the Revenant a scary target to charge.  No one wants to eat 3d6 shots that auto-hit in overwatch, plus whatever lucky shots you get from your other weapons.  But besides that.. I doubt I'll ever field my Revenant with Sonic lances again.

The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) E6B3ST8

The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) MIeKfsE

IT'S A VALDOR!

The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) Ccsb0WG

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The Revenant Titan (8th Ed)   The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 14:50

Sonic Lances seem to be what you would take vs. Necrons. 3D6 1 wound hits should eat right through quantum shielding.
Back to top Go down
Arani
Hellion
Arani

PostSubject: Re: The Revenant Titan (8th Ed)   The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 14:54

I don't really agree.  You still get 2d6 shots from one Pulsar.  So on average you'd get 3-4 more shots from the Sonic Lance. And.. you'd have to wound on 4's rather than 2's, and you have to be up close, well within range for everything else in their army to shoot you.

Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: The Revenant Titan (8th Ed)   The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 22:36

How the hell do you read the epub file? I have the codex, but I can't open the file in any program. I've tried like 5 on PC and 4 on my Android tablet. I don't have any Apple products.
Back to top Go down
Bedlam55
Hellion
Bedlam55

PostSubject: Re: The Revenant Titan (8th Ed)   The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09 2017, 12:50

Pulsars are the way to go (H2d6 and 2D6 damage on a 6 is really good) and that titan looks awesome mate.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: The Revenant Titan (8th Ed)   The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09 2017, 14:13

Hellstrom wrote:
How the hell do you read the epub file?  I have the codex, but I can't open the file in any program.  I've tried like 5 on PC and 4 on my Android tablet.  I don't have any Apple products.
FBReader for example. Its free.
Back to top Go down
BloodyOdd
Hellion
BloodyOdd

PostSubject: Re: The Revenant Titan (8th Ed)   The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09 2017, 19:10

I agree with Krayd on the sonic lance vs necrons due to the quantum shielding. If they roll under the damage caused it is negated entirely. So a multi shot 1 damage weapon would be more efficient than a multi shot multi damage weapon. Depends on how good their dice are that battle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Revenant Titan (8th Ed)   The Revenant Titan (8th Ed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Revenant Titan (8th Ed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: