THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Steampunk color scheme

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

Steampunk color scheme Empty
PostSubject: Steampunk color scheme   Steampunk color scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09 2017, 20:40

I know, it's been a long time since I last visited these forums. And it was not only because someone made me feel unwelcome here, but also because I moved and had neither space nor time (nor time to make space) to work on my miniatures for the last couple of months.

Anyway, I'm planning to paint a few in a steampunk kind of color scheme, and was wondering if someone here could help me with something about it.
So the main colors are black leather, brown leather, dark steel, and of course brass. And the latter two are what I have a problem with:

How much brass is too much, how little steel too little?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk color scheme   Steampunk color scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09 2017, 21:20

I´d use brass as a colour for the armour and highlight the edges with steel. But that´s just a quick idea.

Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk color scheme   Steampunk color scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 11:15

CptMetal wrote:
I´d use brass as a colour for the armour and highlight the edges with steel. But that´s just a quick idea.

Thanks for trying to help, but that would mean it's all just brass. I want to have a reasonable portion of full steel parts.
Back to top Go down
StackedDeck
Hellion
StackedDeck

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk color scheme   Steampunk color scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 12:59

I have no experience with steam punk but do have a black legion army which is very close to the same color scheme, just prioritized different colors. I use primary steel with bronze as an accent, usually no more than one item per model. HQ i do differently and make the metal on them almost exclusively bronze. It helps them stand out as something special just a bit more. I would suggest trying something similar but flipping the priority. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk color scheme   Steampunk color scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 21:09

I decided now to paint all armor plates and ornaments in brass, and machinery, blades and shafts in steel.
This color scheme is for AdMech, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk color scheme   Steampunk color scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steampunk color scheme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: