THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynarri Wych Cult

Go down 
+5
Archon_91
Halude
Tricktock
Mcprowlington
Trueborn44
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 09:10

I wanted to make a wych cult army that benefits from soul burst. The two succubus ride with the bloodbrides and the beastmaster (warlord) runs with razorwing flock, who have effectively 10 leadership thanks to the beastmaster's drugs and warlord trait. Let me know what you think!

HQ
Succubus {Serpentin} - Blast pistol, archite glaive [82]

ELITES
Hekatrix Bloodbrides (5) {Adrenalight} - Blast pistol, agoniser, hydra gauntlet [83]
*Raider - Shock prow [116]
Hekatrix Bloodbrides (5) {Adrenalight} - Blast pistol, agoniser, hydra gauntlet [83]
Beastmaster (Warlord) {Splintermind} - Agoniser [60]

TROOPS
Wyches {Grave Lotus} (5) – Blast pistol, power sword, shardnet and impaler [64]
*Venom - 2x splinter cannons [95]
Wyches {Grave Lotus} (5) – Blast pistol, power sword, shardnet and impaler [64]
*Venom - 2x splinter cannons [95]

FAST ATTACK
Reavers {Painbringer} (6) - Agoniser, 2x grav-talons, 2x blasters [224]
Reavers {Painbringer} (6) - Agoniser, 2x grav-talons, 2x blasters [224]
Hellions {Hypex} (6) - Agoniser and pistol, phantasm grenade launcher [109]
Hellions {Hypex} (6) - Agoniser and pistol, phantasm grenade launcher [109]
Razorwing Flocks (12) [84]

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager [155]
Ravager [155]
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 17:37

If I could find the points for a Ravager I would go for it, the list could probably do with a few more lances as the blast pistols may be difficult to get in to range in the opening turns. Otherwise I honestly think this is really quite solid. What you lack in shooting you should hopefully make up for in assault. I would consider dropping the splinter cannons on the Venoms however, as you want to be closing down your opponent early to get the Wyches the full effectiveness. Not sure what I would add with the 30 points saved but just a thought. Another option would he to use dark lance or Blaster Scourges instead of the Ravagers, as they benefit a lot more from strength from death. You do lose the survivability of the ravager however. Just another quick note, you could make this a batallion quite easily if you dropped one unit of Helions and the cannons, as it would give you 139 points towards a 144 point Wyche unit.

Another option, you could drop one unit of Helions, the Ravagers, the cannons and 1 shock prow and you would get 3 units of dark lance Scourges for maximum benefit from strength from death.
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 20:15

I love the feedback, thank you Truborn44! Definitely agree with dropping the ravagers to add more units that benefit from strength from death. Scourges are the best replacement. The list is split up over 2 outrider detachments. 2,000 points on the dot. There are 22 total blasters/pistols and 2 dark lances. Do you think this is more effective?

HQ

ELITES

TROOPS
Wyches {Grave Lotus} (5) – Blast pistol, power sword, hydra gauntlet [63]
*Venom [80]
*Venom [80]

FAST ATTACK
Scourges (5) - 4x blasters [130]
Reavers {Painbringer} (6) - 2x blasters, agoniser, 2x grav-talons [224]
Reavers {Painbringer} (6) - 2x blasters, agoniser, 2x grav-talons [224]
Hellions {Hypex} (5) - Agoniser and pistol, phantasm grenade launcher [92]
Hellions {Hypex} (5) - Agoniser and pistol, phantasm grenade launcher [92]
Razorwing Flocks (10) [70]

Last edited by Tricktock on Wed Jul 12 2017, 08:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 20:58

Yeah I honestly think this stands a chance of being quite competitive. If you actually look at the total amount of poison shots, even outside the pistols there's quite a bit there and then you have to add on the fact that you're going to be in CC as often as you can. Moreover, discounting the blast pistols I still put you at bang on 13 damage vs T8 per round. Which considering the style of list means it ain't half bad. Even if I'm wrong, this list should be a blast to play. Get a battle report up of it! I have too many Wyches getting dusty to not be excited for this. The only thing I will say is be wary of how you use your Scourges, as the second these guys go your anti tank options (aside from reaver charges if you feel lucky) disintegrate and they definitely aren't hard to disentegrate haha.
I would usually sit down and do the math on best possible damages vs infantry, but there's that many different profiles and possibilities for rerolls here that I just don't have it in me to do it. From the amount of attacks I'm just going to assume it should turn a lot of stuff to a fine red mist.
Back to top Go down
Mcprowlington
Slave
Mcprowlington

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 04:43

Are warlord traits still a thing? i can't seem to find rules on them...

edit: Nvm, found them. wow i've been playing 8th thinking warlord traits are gone....
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 05:33

when our codex comes out, we'll get cooler warlord traits!
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 05:34

And Trueborn44, thank you again for the terrific feedback. I'm going to get  a play-test this weekend and I will report back. Will likely be against Khorne Chaos.
Back to top Go down
Halude
Slave
Halude

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18 2017, 21:46

How did the play test go with the list, quite interested to see how you got on.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18 2017, 23:05

Huh ... I missed something on the rules that let's a beast master become the warlord ... Also the Razorwing flocks can be taken as a non force org when a beast master is present so they don't need to take up a fast attack slot if that's what's keeping you from making this a battalion or brigade detachment though two outriders will give you a ton of hellions reavers and scourge to work with
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 05:32

Alright, I finally got a play-test in this weekend against Khorne Chaos. I have to say, this is A TON of fun. I ended up winning by a couple victory points, but had there been 1 more turn, I would have surely been tabled. Berzerkers are no joke... Here is the final list I ended up using:

2x Outrider detachments
2,000 pts

HQ
Succubus {Serpentin} - Blast pistol [82]

ELITES
Hekatrix Bloodbrides (5) {Adrenalight} - Agoniser, hydra gauntlet [73]
Hekatrix Bloodbrides (5) {Adrenalight} - Agoniser, hydra gauntlet [73]

TROOPS
Wyches {Grave Lotus} (5) – Power sword, hydra gauntlet [53]
*Venom [80]
Wyches {Grave Lotus} (5) – Power sword, hydra gauntlet [53]
*Venom [80]

FAST ATTACK
Reavers {Painbringer} (6) - 2x grav-talons [190]
Reavers {Painbringer} (6) - 2x grav-talons [190]
Hellions {Hypex} (5) - Phantasm grenade launcher [88]
Razorwing Flocks ( 8 ) [56]

Key takeaways.
- Blast pistols on Succubus are a must. One of their strengths is to keep priority targets locked in combat so it's excellent to have additional blaster shots added to the mix.
- Be very selective with your Hellion targets. They have very niche targets (low armor and multiple wounds) so don't go throwing them against elite melee or large blocks that will overwatch them to death before they get a chance. Utilize their 16" movement (hypex) to keep them out of sight (they will die to a gust of wind) and find the right target. There were literally no targets for me against Khorne. In similar cases fly around and steal objectives.
- Ynnari Scourges work best in pairs. Keep them within 7" of each other to make your opponent think twice about killing a squad.
- Raiders, Venoms, Reavers, Flocks are your absolute best friends in Wych Cults. I wish I could have more. ALWAYS charge first with your vehicles, toughened up jetbikes, or birds. It's disgusting how quickly Wyches die to overwatch. Let the flyers (not hellions) soak the shots.  
- Reavers are worth the points.

I hope this inspires some competitive Wych Cult armies! It takes some getting used to, but can be rewarding when done correctly. Happy to answer any questions!
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 20:59

So question time ... Since wyches are generally considered best when charging in at turn 3 would it be best to keep them in their raider or venom until then ... Have the vehicle charge and the shoot out of it into combat with the pistols for a turn or two? Or would it be better to just get out and charge turn 2?
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 09:10

A pure Drukhari army would certainly require more thought into when you would disembark. My list is a Ynnari Wych cult though, so I don't have turn benefits of power from pain. It took me a while to decide between the two, and PFP is certainly viable with this list, but it really just came down to preference. The main decider was serpentin on the succubus providing the added +1 to hit without ever wasting it from turn 3 on.

To answer your question though, I think you shouldn't hesitate on getting wyches in combat. Their "no escape" rule works well with keeping priority targets around long enough to eventually get your added boost to damage output. I would just make sure to disembark them turn 2 the earliest. The rerolling charge is more important than waiting an extra turn to start doing their thing.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 10:31

Wow I'm so glad you open up this thread.

I'm hoarding wyches for years now, and couldn't really play them the way I wanted as it was considered trash dureing 6th & 7th edition. I still really love the minatures (old and new) and the conversion potential they offers.
I might have around 25 painted, 10 bloodbrides and several Succubus.

Haven't build up a list yet, but yours really resemble what I would love to play.
Do you have some pictures of the full army on the board ?

I'm so glad this kind of list works, I'll buy a couple more sourges & Hellions and test the same :DD

Ynarri Wych Cult 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Ynarri Wych Cult 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08 2017, 20:40

Wanted to provide an update to the list. With the changes to Ynnari (needing a special character warlord) and bump in price for Razorwing Flocks, I decided to go pure Drukhari. I'm loving the power from pain benefits. So far 3-0 with the list. All of my above notes still apply. Hope this provokes more Wych Cults!

2,000 pts
Vanguard Detachment
Outrider Detachment

HQ

ELITES
*Raider [115]
*Raider [115]

TROOPS
*Venom [80]
*Venom [80]

FAST ATTACK
Razorwing Flocks (12) [168]
Reavers {Painbringer} (6) - 2x blasters, 2x grav-talons [220]
Reavers {Painbringer} (6) - 2x blasters, 2x grav-talons [220]

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager [155]
Ravager [155]
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08 2017, 21:04

I was going to ask why Yannari when pure Dark Eldar would serve the wyches better, but looks like you changed it already.

Clothar
Slave
Clothar

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31 2017, 07:28

Seeing this list inspired me to pull out my Wyches for the first time since 2nd Edition, excited to give this a shot this weekend. Are you running 24 Flocks instead of 12 or am I missing something in the Index?
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31 2017, 11:17

@Clothar with last FAQ, Flocks now cost 14 instead of 7

Ynarri Wych Cult 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Ynarri Wych Cult 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31 2017, 17:12

I'm glad to see so many people interested in the wych cult!

I've been meaning to get back to this thread, as I have now played over 10 games and can say confidently that I made the final iteration. The direction of the list was inevitably going to change and I knew that. I wanted to get as much feedback as possible from all you Drukhari generals and make this a work in progress. Now, over the course of 10 games I have found what works, what doesn't, and that pure Drukhari is more effective than Ynnari. Here it is:

2,000 pts
Vanguard Detachment
Outrider Detachment
Air Wing Detachment

HQ

ELITES
*Raider - Dark lance [115]
*Raider - Dark lance [115]

TROOPS
*Venom [80]
*Venom [80]

FAST ATTACK
Razorwing Flocks ( 8 ) [112]
Razorwing Flocks ( 8 ) [112]
Reavers {Painbringer} (3) - Grav-talon [95]
Reavers {Painbringer} (3) - Grav-talon [95]

FLYERS
Voidraven Bomber - 2x void lances, voidraven missiles [194]
Razorwing Jetfighter - 2x dark lances [155]
Razorwing Jetfighter - 2x dark lances [155]

- The biggest change was adding the air wing detachment. I really wanted to get that 6th command point, and honestly, DE flyers are just too good to not use. Also, Ravagers are Kabal so I couldn't be having that Wink
- The list now has every unit with the keyword <Wych Cult>. Not a necessity, but nice for thematic reasons and hopes that the army will benefit when the codex releases.
- The army plays better with small units, so don't expect to get the +1 for first turn. Deploy accordingly.
- Reavers are best utilized as a harassing unit so I brought their squads down to 3 without heavy weapons.
- Wyches and Hekatrix and not meant to wipe a unit out when they charge (reason why I don't have units larger than 5). They are best at tying units up.

Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31 2017, 17:33

Looks like a very solid list, I have a list that looks similar that uses two beast masters 4 flocks, 10 khymaeras, and a clawed fiend (cause that's all I have)
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31 2017, 17:49

Looks great, I wish I had miniatures & time to test it =)

I've already tested 2x ( 2x 5 wyches with agoniser, blast pistol & hydra gauntlet in raider ) and the Anti tank effect was nice, it added a nice boost to the squad.

Just for your lore, (old) codexes tend to say that jet pilots are older/best revers pilots so it's stays right into wych cult despite keywords Wink

ANyway I had a question, no disintegrators ? For point cost reasons ?

Back to top Go down
Clothar
Slave
Clothar

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31 2017, 22:07

I don't have a 2nd Fighter atm, but I'll try this exact list out this weekend with a Ravager subbed for the second fighter. Thanks for posting it and ty masamune for informing me about the errata. Didn't even think to look at the FAQ.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02 2017, 22:59

What armies and types of lists have you played against so far?
How would you handle a close combat monster like gulliman?

And the bloodbrides, how are they turning out for you? When you could get the more bodies and similar attacks from plain wyches?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ynarri Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynarri Wych Cult   Ynarri Wych Cult I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynarri Wych Cult
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-