THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making

Go down 
+2
RedRegicide
Sslyth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sslyth
Hellion
Sslyth

Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making Empty
PostSubject: Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making   Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 20:09

Hello everyone,

after all those years of enviously eyeing those beautiful miniatures of the Dark Eldar range I've finally committed to starting my own kabal.

At this point my general idea is to go Dark Elves and occasionally add the Ynarii triumvirate into the mix to change up the playstyle and experiment with some of our unit choices.

In this thread I'll post my progress on the assembling and painting side of the hobby. Updates may vary a lot in terms of regularity, but since my interest in 40k has been rekindled by the advent of 8th edition you can expect a reasonable amount of content, including conversions and random musings.

If I manage to get myself painting in the near future, there might also be some of that, but I'm terribly hard on myself when it comes to painting, so it may very well take a while before you'll see anything that is not a black and white picture.

So, enough of all that silly talk and let's begin with the thing I have on my desk right now:

The Archon

Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making SsVF987

The base model is the current plastic Archon, but I wasn't quite happy with his pose, so I made a few changes. I spread the legs further apart and turned the torso slightly to the left in order to make the pose more natural.

He's got the blaster from the Kabalite sprue, but I still have to remodel the gun stock on the inside. The gun has no detail on that side because it is supposed to be attached to the chest of the kabalite.
For the other arm I went with the all time classic from the Scourges sprue, the pointing hand, because I wanted him to have a slightly arrogant and condescending posture. Rules wise he is also equipped with an Agonizer and I'll have to find a coiled whip in some bitzshop to attach to his hip later (any advice on which spures might have one would be very much appreciated).

The head is from the Wyches sprue and I just love it. I can't pinpoint what it is exactly, but I think it's the 90's B-Movie/cartoon vibe it exudes. It's barely visible on this picture, but I've also attached the Phantasm Grenade Launcher to his back. I like the look of it and I've had some good success using it in my first few battles.

A 32mm base is already on the way, but I still haven't decided how to flesh it out.

Comments and criticism are not only welcome but encouraged!

My Kabal Project Log

Last edited by Sslyth on Tue Jul 18 2017, 21:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making   Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 13:08

He looks really good! I like the repose

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making   Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 14:55

What a wonderful repose Smile I'm a firm believer that the plastic Archon is a brilliant base model, ruined by the 'are you ready for mummification' arms. Had a crack at it myself with a 'Christ the Redeemer' style pose, but you've evidently got a knack for natural poses Smile

Looking forward to more Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Sslyth
Hellion
Sslyth

PostSubject: Re: Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making   Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18 2017, 12:18

Thanks guys, there will be new stuff very soon!

My Kabal Project Log
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making   Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18 2017, 16:07

Nice rework of the model, pretty clean conversion Smile

Maybe the base lack a little height (for a ~general ?)

Can't wait for what you are going to do with the base, and with the painting ^^

Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making   Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20 2017, 19:43

Looking awesome!
The Sasori-ish Wych head is also one of my favourites Very Happy
And your pose is what GW should've done in the first place xD

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making   Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19 2017, 02:00

Ynneadwraith wrote:
What a wonderful repose Smile I'm a firm believer that the plastic Archon is a brilliant base model, ruined by the 'are you ready for mummification' arms.

I haven't laughed so hard at a forum post in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making   Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pain and Absolution – A new Kabal in the making
Page 1 of 1