THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN

Go down 
+7
sekac
Count Adhemar
sumguy777
aurynn
Jimsolo
FrankyMcShanky
PFI
11 posters
AuthorMessage
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN Empty
PostSubject: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 21:45

Well looks like the tantalus evaded the faq writers! It can still carry scourges and hellions which is amazing for the alpha strike potential to reduce drops unlike the raider and venom. Thank you forgeworld gods. I offer you a humble sacrifice for your continued favor.
Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 22:26

Not a rule that I would get used too.

Nor is it a rule I would play by with people I consider friends, it clearly goes against the spirit of the rules.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 23:34

How so? It would hardly be the first Forgeworld vehicle capable of carrying troops that normal transports cannot. It's entirely possible the Tantalus was fully intended to be a special snowflake of a vehicle.

I'm definitely not sure that putting scourges/hellions on one is an I-Win button, so I don't know why my friends would have an issue with me using it in a non-competitive environment.
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 23:57

What do you mean wouldn't get used to? I didn't get used to it until there was an faq. Now there is an faq and it isn't there. Get used to it! I just think its fun, I want to model mine into a scourge aerie.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 16 2017, 00:30

He's of the opinion that the FAQ currently out is a stopgap FAQ, and that the jump units being allowed on a Tantalus will get caught when they do a 'real' FAQ.

It's not been my experience that Forgeworld does a whole lot of legwork when it comes to their FAQs, so I'm somewhat less inclined to think this will be the case.

It seems reasonably possible that the current state of things for jump units on a Tantalus is both intended and going to last. (I'm not going to be surprised either way.)
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 16 2017, 06:00

I agree. They admitted that whole 8th rules from FW were a rushjob coz the death of the lead designer. Evidently they didnt really gotten over it yet.
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 16 2017, 06:19

does forgeworld and gw operate on a different axis then? they are on the same mission but different companies? I always thought that they where just an extension of gw to rake in more money?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 16 2017, 06:31

They are an extension of GW, but their focus is not always the same. FW tends to (in my experience) drop a single FAQ to bring old stuff up to date with new editions, if even that. Occasionally they will also rerelease an older book with updated stats and new units.

We've got an edition update AND a FAQ. I don't expect anything new from them for us for a long time. The only thing likely to keep us from putting jump guys on Tantaluses is a tournament FAQ. (And I DO expect the ITC to come pee in this particular bowl of Wheaties anytime now...)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 16 2017, 11:12

Note that the GW and FW FAQ did nothing to prevent Scourges or Hellions from going in fortifications, as they FAQd the Raider and Venom, not the Scourges and Hellions.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 16 2017, 15:55

Indeed. But that is probably intended--they could always embark in Fortifications.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 02:17

And neither GW or FW caught that beastmasters are Drukhari infantry and can still embark on transports.

I want to fill a raider with 600 points of beastmasters just to stick it to 'em!
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 02:55

sekac wrote:
And neither GW or FW caught that beastmasters are Drukhari infantry and can still embark on transports.

I want to fill a raider with 600 points of beastmasters just to stick it to 'em!

Indeed. But since Beastmasters are now only worth their aura, and auras don't work on vehicles, i can't see a damn reason to do that.
Except trolling. Trolling is always nice Smile
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 03:10

Just for trolling. Not sure who would be trolled by this, but dammit I'll troll them all!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 07:05

Jimsolo wrote:
Indeed. But that is probably intended--they could always embark in Fortifications.

DL Scourges in a bunker is a good and cheap way of keeping them alive.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 13:26

I didn't love them last ed--the Structural Damage table inflicted S6 hits, which denied most DE their FNPs. Wracks in buildings were great in 6th, but in 8th the DE basically don't get buildings anymore. (They all have factions now, dont they?)
Back to top Go down
Arani
Hellion
Arani

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 13:39

I'd have to agree with Jimsolo, that these were just stop-gap FAQ's. I mean for God's sake.. they completely forgotten to make the Renegade commander a character, didn't give Krieg artillery, along with a metric ton of other basic proof reading fails.

As for them not touching Dark Eldar for a while.. I bet we might see that change here soon. The games workshop online store (at least for me in the US), is completely out of stock of over half the Drukhari range. I've seen a lot of people around here suddenly getting an interest in our army now that it's competitive again. If anything, I think it's possible that Forgeworld might try to capitalize on GW's sales and release a few more dark Eldar models.

Which on that final note.. I actually sent Forgeworld an email asking about just that, combined with a few suggestions I had, but of course haven't gotten a reply yet. I'll of course let you guys know if they do say anything.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 14:57

Jimsolo wrote:
I didn't love them last ed--the Structural Damage table inflicted S6 hits, which denied most DE their FNPs. Wracks in buildings were great in 6th, but in 8th the DE basically don't get buildings anymore. (They all have factions now, dont they?)

No, the fortifications are unaligned so you can take them in any army.

FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 15:09

Arani wrote:
I'd have to agree with Jimsolo, that these were just stop-gap FAQ's.  I mean for God's sake.. they completely forgotten to make the Renegade commander a character, didn't give Krieg artillery, along with a metric ton of other basic proof reading fails.

As for them not touching Dark Eldar for a while.. I bet we might see that change here soon. The games workshop online store (at least for me in the US), is completely out of stock of over half the Drukhari range.  I've seen a lot of people around here suddenly getting an interest in our army now that it's competitive again.  If anything, I think it's possible that Forgeworld might try to capitalize on GW's sales and release a few more dark Eldar models.

Which on that final note.. I actually sent Forgeworld an email asking about just that, combined with a few suggestions I had, but of course haven't gotten a reply yet.  I'll of course let you guys know if they do say anything.

Eh, to be fair a lot of armies are pretty much sold out online. Not just DE. Orks, Tyranids, and Necrons in particular have quite a bit of their range off the shelf.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 15:45

FrankyMcShanky wrote:
Arani wrote:
I'd have to agree with Jimsolo, that these were just stop-gap FAQ's.  I mean for God's sake.. they completely forgotten to make the Renegade commander a character, didn't give Krieg artillery, along with a metric ton of other basic proof reading fails.

As for them not touching Dark Eldar for a while.. I bet we might see that change here soon. The games workshop online store (at least for me in the US), is completely out of stock of over half the Drukhari range.  I've seen a lot of people around here suddenly getting an interest in our army now that it's competitive again.  If anything, I think it's possible that Forgeworld might try to capitalize on GW's sales and release a few more dark Eldar models.

Which on that final note.. I actually sent Forgeworld an email asking about just that, combined with a few suggestions I had, but of course haven't gotten a reply yet.  I'll of course let you guys know if they do say anything.

Eh, to be fair a lot of armies are pretty much sold out online.  Not just DE.  Orks, Tyranids, and Necrons in particular have quite a bit of their range off the shelf.

With the massive change the game got recently, we can understand people who find a new interest about another army. I think we'll see a lot players who'll get a second army, exchange, sell, or *face of fear* trash their army. I'll watch closely for a good bargain!
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 18:07

The current Forgeworld FAQ will likely stick until the imperial armor books replace the index books.

I was going to buy a tantalus, but the index rules are actually decent and in general forgeworld only makes trash for dark eldar so I'll be waiting until the "real" rules for it come out and we'll see if the tantalus is still in the non-garbage category or if forgeworld does what they have always done for dark eldar.

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN   Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgeworld Xenos FAQ WIN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: