THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"

Go down 
+4
Azdrubael
|Meavar
Barrywise
RoadRageRob666
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"  Empty
PostSubject: SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"    SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 03:41

Here ya go, kiddos!

https://i.imgur.com/a4xySq7.jpg

So I actually find this kind of hilarious when you compare these to FnP.

Turn 1: 6+++ (we get the Iron Hands Chapter Tactic [CT])

Turn 2: Re-roll advances and charges (we get a better version of the Black Templars CT)

Turn 3: +1 to hit rolls in CC (Id say about equal to the Salamanders CT)

Turn 4: Fearless (good try, ultrasmurfs)

Turn 5: -1 Ld bubble (the antithesis to the Ultrasmurfs CT and most certainly more useful considering Smurfs already have ATSKNF and Ld 7)

Also, venoms have -1 to hit already (looking at you Raven Guard)

Now, these are obviously all turn dependent (minus flickerfields) but essentially by turn 5, we're stacking up 5 improved Chapter Tactics. Pfp is looking pretty good, all things considered!

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"    SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 05:28

I think while they might be slightly unbalanced, especially the raven guard against low BS armies (BS 5+) as they will have their ranged weapons hitting 1/2 the normal amount, I still think this was a cool way to add some flavor to the armies. I'm really excited to see what the other codexes will bring us.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"    SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 06:22

My major problem is that it is a huge boost. Which means the powercreep is starting and an index versus a codex is not really balanced even if you do not spam a certain unit.
The chapter tactics all seem very good.
But the best ones are only on a few units or not at all. Having all your basic troops have those makes your army much more flexible. Why do you think we spam those transport ships, a combination of speed and hard to pin down. Suddenly raven -1 (only on specific vehicle), ultramarine shoot and fall back (our flyers)/ white scar hit and run (only hellions), salamanders reroll to hit and to wound for a special weapon in the unit (impossible for us) All seem really good and better then our versions because in their case it is widely availible.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"    SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 08:12

Quote :
The chapter tactics all seem very good.

Iron Hands is very dull, they lost a lot. Codex do not bring flavor for them.

|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"    SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 08:26

I agree the iron hands are slightly dull. I have no idea what they had beforehand. But suddenly getting everything a 6+++ is not bad, I know I really enjoy my FnP.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"    SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 10:43

Didn't they have a 6+fnp last edition too? I mean if what you're missing is the gorging chain nonsense, we haven't seen warlord trait or relics or stratagem yet.

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"    SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 21:49

The other thing to consider when comparing our PFP and the chapter tactics is the types of models these tactics belong to as the Salamanders can reroll and 1 hit and wound Shooting and in close combat that is far better then anything we could do ... At best we could get reroll hits with a succubus, and reroll wounds with a Cronos, ... Now which would you rather see rerolled against you, a Str 9 lascannon or a str 4 knife that has no AP rating? Granted we still have to see at least a xenos codex (chaos doesn't count as GW has said that they will be equally powerful to space Marines this edition) to compare just how far above/below/ even these are in power to a third of the empires in the galaxy (I had to lump all the xenos races together here as they aren't under a huge unified force banner like the imperium or chaos)
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"    SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 02:00

Ultramarines are going to seriously impact the meta. With the entire army able to shoot after falling back (-1 on BS3+ is not that bad), tarpiting is going down the drain.
And Salamanders look extremely good as well. Rerolling melta/plasma shots hits and wounds for every Tac squad looks dangerous.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"    SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31 2017, 01:07

Wyches would be good against the ultramarine fall back and shoot, except that their ability is not reliable and the SM's still get their pistols against them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"    SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SM Chapter Tactics "Leak"
Page 1 of 1