THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000pts - First DE List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WiillyB
Slave
WiillyB

1000pts - First DE List Empty
PostSubject: 1000pts - First DE List   1000pts - First DE List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 16:21

Hi guys,

I am both new too the forum as well as Dark Eldar in general. I was hoping for some CC on my 1000pts list, which pulls from my very limited experience of 8th edition.

Battalion Detachment - +3CP

HQ

Archon
- Huskblade + Blatser

Archon
- Huskblade + Blaster

Troops

8 Kabalite Warriors
- Blaster

5 Kabalite Warriors
- Blaster

5 Kabalite Warriors
- Blaster

Flyers

Razorwing Jetfighter
- 2 Dark Lances + Splinter Cannon

Voidraven
- 2 Void Lances + Voidraven Missiles

Dedicated Transports

Raider
- Dark Lance

Venom
- 2 Splinter Cannons

Venom
- 2 Splinter Cannons

Total - 998pts

The general idea is for the 2 Archons to enter the Raider alongside the unit of 8 Kabalites and assault one flank, perhaps giving more priority to vehicles and monsters, whilst the venoms assault the other hunting infantry etc. All the while, the flyers attempt to wreak havoc from above, hoping that I have too many vehicles on the field for other standard 1000pt lists to cope with.

However, most of my reservations lie in the undisputedly low model count. Am I perhaps laying too much emphasis on my flyers, and sinking too many points into anti-vehicle weaponry whilst not having enough raw dice throws to cope with hordes?

I'd love too hear what you guys think!

Will
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts - First DE List   1000pts - First DE List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 17:41

My current 1k Kabal list is super similar, though I'm not really fond of the Huskblades on your Archons....Unless my math is wrong they're only advantageous against multi wound MEQ and GEQ, which probably means they're not worth it? Someone with a better grasp of the math might have a different perspective or validate this one.

I think you've got plenty darklight you might just consider a Succubus instead of a second Archon to actually deliver more close combat punch. You can up her movement and just run her as a solo threat instead of having both eggs sunk in one boat.

I think the flyers with draw most of the enemy's firepower and you can get her into combat and kill or tie down what she needs to.
Back to top Go down
Will_Wallace85
Slave
Will_Wallace85

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts - First DE List   1000pts - First DE List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 17:59

With this list, youre going to be avoiding CC as much as possible since shooting is more effective on almost all your units. I'd drop huskblades in favor of PGL on as many of your warriors squads as possible. !0 man unit wtih 3 PGL hits (read hits not wounds, doesnt need to do damage to apply the debuff) is -3 leadership then you kill 4, probably come close to wiping out a unit. 4 of those is > the difference between 2 huskblades and 2 agonizers.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts - First DE List   1000pts - First DE List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 18:00

You can't stack the PGL debuffs, but it's still more effective than an Archon load out in this list
Back to top Go down
Will_Wallace85
Slave
Will_Wallace85

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts - First DE List   1000pts - First DE List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 18:02

My bad on not stacking, read it wrong, but I agree its sill better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts - First DE List   1000pts - First DE List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000pts - First DE List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: