THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Dark Sun

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lmrz
Hellion
lmrz

Kabal of the Dark Sun Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Dark Sun   Kabal of the Dark Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22 2017, 01:08

!

I had started going through my old models and doing them up with a metallic green (stolen from StrikingScorpion's on YouTube), but they were early naughties models and had been sprayed over a handful of times. Once I started using them on the table top I liked/disliked them just as often.

So I started buying new models that would give me a chance to get my (not very good) painting on the go.

I've now amassed a ridiculous amount of models that need painting - today I finished putting together 5 hellions, 10 wracks, a raider, a sslyth and a lhamaean.

On the to build list are still; 9 jet bikes, 2 raiders, 20 warriors, 5 scourges.

Fluff

I haven't yet thought much about the fluff, Dark Sun is a name I used to use playing counterstrike about 15 years ago.

Theming

As I've got a fair mix from Kabal, through Cult, Coven and Ynnari I've been thinking about using the following for the majority of the units.

Kabalite Warrior:
- armour: khorne red, nuln, evil sun lips layer, orange highlight
- under armour: incubi darkness, coelia greenshade
- particular armour plate: light bronze (haven't decided what yet)

Wrack:
- skin: more white than the normal red you see
- skirt: incubi darkness, khorne red overskirt thing

Wych:
- crap armour: incubi darkness base with the normal green highlights
- armour plates: khorne red base

What do you think?

Army List

The list of models I have is somewhere along the lines of the following, a lot are the old style; warriors, raiders. As I buy/build their replacements I'm not including them in the list.

Last edited by lmrz on Mon Jul 31 2017, 11:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dark Sun   Kabal of the Dark Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22 2017, 01:23

Ynnari can't align with covens in the same detachment as far as I know. Perhaps if you take 2 separate detachments they can? Not sure how allies work.

I feel you, sometimes I want to restart my army too. Excited for the updates!

Hellion
lmrz

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dark Sun   Kabal of the Dark Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22 2017, 02:18

Yeah, the above is just a list of what's there - don't think I have the appetite for a 5k game!

I'll usually tailor my army for who I'm playing against, and that'll end up with a list more Ynnari, Kabal or Coven. I'm not a massive fan of Wyches - plus mine are all the old metal style so they rarely get a run out.

I'm playing tomorrow with some mates, 3 way 800pts. One of the guys has put together a Kabal list using my forces so I might give the Haemy's a run out!
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dark Sun   Kabal of the Dark Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22 2017, 13:49

Oh that's sweet! Feels very commogragh-esque

Hellion
lmrz

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dark Sun   Kabal of the Dark Sun I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23 2017, 05:26

The Kabal won Sad

I did manage to kill everyone's HQ units but we called it a day when his three raiders turned up after raiding the Marine flank and left me with 5 Trueborn in a Venom with 1 wound.
The marine contingent was decimated and the Coven and Kabal contested the only objective from round 1.

My Haemy, old K'bizek and his 9 Wrack mates died in a hail of splinter file from 20 warriors.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dark Sun   Kabal of the Dark Sun I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23 2017, 13:40

Hahahaha too bad you lost but I'm glad the marines went first

Hellion
lmrz

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dark Sun   Kabal of the Dark Sun I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 13:08

Sunday night we had another 800pt 3-way carnage... Tyranids vs Marines vs Ynnari. The Yncarne killed off pretty much everything: Hive Tyrant, 2 Tac squads, Assault Jetpack losers,

I'd spent most of the Sunday getting my model on, managed to put together 10 Wracks, 5 Hellions, a Sslyth, Lamaean and spent a little more time on a Cronos conversion.

I've also made a start on the colour scheme I mentioned in the first post:
- Chaos Black prime/undercoat

Armour
- Khorne Red for the armour plates
- Incubi Darkness for the under armour/leather
- Nuln oil over both

Plates
- Brass Scorpion + Agrax Earthshade

Loincloths(lol)
- Steel Legion Drab + Agrax Earthshade
- Ushbati Bone for the tooth picks

Biker Helmets
- Leadbelcher + Nuln Oil (from edges into middle)

Kabal of the Dark Sun Img_3013

Kabal of the Dark Sun Img_3014

Kabal of the Dark Sun Img_3015

Kabal of the Dark Sun Img_3012

Kabal of the Dark Sun Img_3016

Kabal of the Dark Sun Img_3017

Kabal of the Dark Sun Img_3018

Kabal of the Dark Sun Img_3019

Kabal of the Dark Sun Img_3020

Still to do:
- Evil Sunz Scarlet & Jokaero Orange edges on the red plate
- Finish the eyes/glow on the two normal helmets
Back to top Go down
lmrz
Hellion
lmrz

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dark Sun   Kabal of the Dark Sun I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16 2017, 11:19

Bosh, added a Voidraven! I've painted up the pilot and gunner before building it all.

Kabal of the Dark Sun Image10

Trying to make my mind up on the colour scheme for the new vehicles in the force. As above, everything is Incubi Darkness as a base with Khorne Red up top.

I'm edging towards something similar to Kabal of the Flayed Skull with the primary remaining Khorne Red: https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/d/d6/Flayed_Skull_Voidraven_Bomber.png/revision/latest?cb=20151119223439
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dark Sun   Kabal of the Dark Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 06:38

Looking good so far. Edge highlighting is a chore, but it is usually worth the effort.
I think the flayed skull scheme is pretty cool. You can't go wrong if you emulate that. Smile

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dark Sun   Kabal of the Dark Sun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Dark Sun
Page 1 of 1