THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ego788
Slave
Ego788

2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 14:03

Planning on getting back in the game. Here is a rough draft of a list I saw and modified to my liking. Would love some input from some more experienced Archons and Succubi.

Battalion Detachment +3 CPs
HQ
Archon, Agonizer, Splinter Pistol 58 points
Archon, Agonizer, Splinter Pistol 58 points

Troops
4x Warriors, Sybarite, Blaster 50 points

Fast Attack
4x Scourge, Solarite, 4x Blasters 130 points

Heavy Support
Ravager, Dark Lances 155 points

Dedicated Transports
Venom, Splinter Cannon 95 points

Air Wing Detachment +1 CP
Razorwing Jetfighter, Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon 170 points

Tear it apart. All helpful critiques/changes welcome.

Last edited by Ego788 on Tue Jul 25 2017, 16:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 14:34

A blaster is the same price for a Kabalite warrior and an Archon, so i'd suggest equiping your archon in priority. Here you are wasting a BS2+.
The splinter cannon upgrade for the venoms is very pricey, and i'm not sure it's worth it. You'd save 90 points without them. You could invest some of those turning some dark lances into Dissies (40 points to do that on 2 Razorwings), and add another squad of warriors (you can put 2 archons in the same venom, so you have a spare venom.
Or you could spend the entire 90 points for a squad of 5 incubi.

Also, Bright Lance doesn't sound very Dark Eldaresque Smile

Edit : or you could use those 90 points to equip your 2 archons with blasters, add another unit of 5 kabalites with blaster, and give some of your sybarites Phantasm grenades launchers.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 15:40

Quote :
The splinter cannon upgrade for the venoms is very pricey, and i'm not sure it's worth it. You'd save 90 points without them.

All agreed, but I'd probably drop the Splinter Cannons on the Razorwings as well, more so than the Venoms, actually.

Splinter cannons on vehicles, to put it bluntly, is a blatant waste of points. At 12" you're only putting out two more shots than the Splinter Rifles. At 18" you're putting out four more shots. Really, that's hardly worth the 15 points. Cutting out all Splinter Cannons in the list nets you an extra 135 points, which is enough to put in another squad of Kabs, a Blaster, and a Venom...with 5 points to spare, no less.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 15:47

I hadn't even noticed that RWJF had splinter cannons in his list. Seconded, they are not needed.

Slave
Ego788

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 16:35

@mppqlmd haha, good catch on the bright lances. Not sold on incubi without Drazhar, and he's pretty pricey for what he does.

@TheBaconPope That would make sense, but it also reduces the effectiveness of the Razorwings at a distance. I haven't played since 4th ed, so I my thought process might be completely wrong on this.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 17:30

I was a Grotesque man all my life until this edition, then Incubi changed my whole perspective on crap. Give them a shot, the Klaivex alone with Demi-Klaives will just peel faces off.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 18:16

Ego788 wrote:
@mppqlmd haha, good catch on the bright lances. Not sold on incubi without Drazhar, and he's pretty pricey for what he does.
IMO, Incubis are great and Drazhar is useless. They are hitting 2+ turn 3 and forward, why bother giving them +1 to hit rolls ?
Back to top Go down
Ego788
Slave
Ego788

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 18:50

@Mppqlmd It isn't that they are useless, it's that they would be the only melee unit in a whole shooting army. Plus I'd have to grab a raider for them and the Archon(s).
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 18:52

Quote :
That would make sense, but it also reduces the effectiveness of the Razorwings at a distance. I haven't played since 4th ed, so I my thought process might be completely wrong on this.

Of course, in the end it's all about your personal preference. But with a 72(?)" Maximum move and with firing arcs a thing of the past, I've found that getting within 12" is hardly a challenge.

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 20:11

Ego788 wrote:
@Mppqlmd It isn't that they are useless, it's that they would be the only melee unit in a whole shooting army. Plus I'd have to grab a raider for them and the Archon(s).

You have 6 venoms in that list.
4 go to kabalites
1 can hold the 2 archons
One is free. So you can add another squad of kabalite, or Incubi. But ofc you'll be the one playing it, so if you don't feel like fielding incubi then np Smile
Back to top Go down
Lyceus
Hellion
Lyceus

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 20:40

I am also a returning player and have played now 3 games and used splinter cannons on my vehicles. I faced Grey Knights and Tyranids. (with 1 Venom, 2 Razorwing Jetfighters.)

I pretty much used a similar list at 1650p with raiders instead of venoms.

I must say the 36" range of the SCs was very convenient. Especially for the Razorwings. I always jumped far away from deepstriking charging units to 36" range to avoid getting close again. When the table gets more empty the 18" rapid fire was also a good bonus.

Splinter shots did not do much damage overall so I guess I can agree to save some points on the venoms.

I run my list with mainly raiders and 10 or 2x5 kabalites in them. It does reduce the amount of deployments.
I prefere 10 kabalite squads because I want to have more anti infantry shooting and I can add another dark lance what does the most damage overall. And you can shoot from a very save distance if you choose to. I would say the more DL the better. (Of course with some exeptions).

I am not sold on scourges either. If you need to go back lines you can do that with the razorwings very effectivly. The ravangers also have a huge mobility. I dont think you need them and they die very fast in theory. (have not used them yet)

I think it is a good idea to have one dedicated assault unit. For anti-deepstrike or against a very fast charging unit. Archons are really ineffective in close combat. They do much better shooting their blasters.

For fun sake I used a sucubbus(+1WS) and 10x hekatrix bloodbrides(+1A) and they kicked asses in close combat. Especially on turn 3. But if you want to go only in venoms I recomment trying out 5x incubis.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*   2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Pure De *competitive/semi competitive*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: