THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Need help picking between two similar lists

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

Need help picking between two similar lists Empty
PostSubject: Need help picking between two similar lists   Need help picking between two similar lists I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 02:16

Need help picking between two similar lists L0YBNrJ

EDIT: Should be 6 drops and 5 drops

I feel like the two major considerations here are the # of drops and the # of Heavy units (since Heavy's can steal objectives away in Big Guns Never Tire even if there are more enemy troops nearby)

List A has more Heavy units and slightly more fire power, but the Archon has to footslog and is an extra drop.

List B has 4 drops and the Archon gets to ride in the Raider. I had to drop a Ravager for a Razorwing because I only own 2 total Raider/Ravager models (magnetized so they can be either)

At 750 points, I feel like going first is a way bigger deal than having more Heavys to hold objectives. And since you only score for controlling them at the end of the game (on turn 5, 6, 7) the Ravagers are likely to either be dead or have already killed everything already.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by tonytastey on Wed Jul 26 2017, 12:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Need help picking between two similar lists   Need help picking between two similar lists I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 07:07

First a quick question.
How do you get with those drops, both should be 1 more?
archon 1
kabalites in venom A 2
kabalites in venom B 3
ravager A 4
ravager B 5
Scourges 6 (remember just because you put them in the air/shadows etc, does not mean you should not deploy them there, thus they count as a drop, same goes for the mandrakes)

That being said, I would go with the mandrakes and razorwing in small games because it gives you an option that can actually do something in melee. This makes the list slightly more versatile. You already have quite a few lances dissies and missles, that I think you will not be in big trouble against mecha lists.
On the other hand if your playstyle and regular opponents mean you never get into cc then the other list might be slightly better.
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: Need help picking between two similar lists   Need help picking between two similar lists I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 12:40

Oh my god, I wasn't counting my deep strikers as drops haha. Whoops!

I'm still feeling out the meta but there's a ton of space marines and like one chaos horde player. I plan on avoiding CC because nothing in either list really does it well.
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: Need help picking between two similar lists   Need help picking between two similar lists I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27 2017, 14:19

Well for the record, I think I chose wrong. Still ended up winning (I'll post a batrep in Realspace Raids) but I'd have much rather had that 2nd Ravager over the Razorwing Jetfighter. Having fewer drops ended up not mattering because my opponent only had 4. Also, the Mandrakes did literally nothing. I think they need to be a squad of 10 to reliably land mortal wounds. Protip: don't bring them in until turn 2 so you can re-roll your charge w/ Power from Pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help picking between two similar lists   Need help picking between two similar lists I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help picking between two similar lists
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: