THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari Wraith Host list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

Ynnari Wraith Host list Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari Wraith Host list   Ynnari Wraith Host list I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27 2017, 11:23

I havent played in a while and after I saw the changes in 8th I got really excited.  Games look like they will be a lot quicker but I still wanted to shoot for a lower model count army.  This army is basically designed to march across the battlefield destroying everything in its path, death only speeds it up.

Originally I wanted to go as pure spirit host as I could, but the added command points seemed too good to pass up and the cheap 35 point kabalites are perfect fodder to give me an extra advance or round of fire.  They die easy, tricky part will be getting people to actually kill them.  Does my enemy have to return attacks in close combat or can they choose not to attack at all?  I figure charging them into an enemy is a sure fire way to kill the t3 sacrifice.

Other than that I opted for as much assault weapons as I could so that I can advance as much as possible.  The spirit seer's and autarch buffs will help combat the -1 to hit from moving.

Wraithknight is the expensive distraction.  I still think it is worth it and what spirit host would be complete without at least one.

And the hemlock... I dont know what to say except WOW!

Edit1: Adjusted list to meet the new FAQ.  Switch the autarch for yvraine.  Got rid of 1 flamer and ghost glaive from each wraithlord to make up the difference. Its really hard to get like 30-50 points in 8th edition with this army.  Everything just kind of has what it has.

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [104 PL, 1999 1998pts] +++

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Aeldari - Ynnari) [27 PL, 511pts] ++

+ Lord of War [27 PL, 511pts] +

Wraithknight [27 PL, 511pts]: Shuriken Cannon [12pts], Shuriken Cannon [12pts], Titanic Ghostglaive with Scattershield [85pts]

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Ynnari) [77 PL, 1488pts] ++

+ HQ [15 PL, 264pts] +

Autarch with Swooping Hawk Wings [6 PL, 95pts]: Banshee Mask, Forceshield [8pts], Scorpion Chainsword [2pts], Shuriken Pistol

Yvraine [7 PL, 132pts]: Gaze of Ynnead, Word of the Phoenix

Spiritseer [4 PL, 66pts]: 1. Conceal/Reveal

Spiritseer [4 PL, 66pts]: 3. Enhance/Drain

+ Troops [9 PL, 105pts] +

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 35pts]
. 4x Kabalite Warrior [28pts]
. Sybarite [7pts]: Splinter Rifle

+ Elites [30 PL, 625pts] +

Wraithblades [10 PL, 175pts]: Ghostswords [30pts], 5x Wraithblade [145pts]

Wraithguard [10 PL, 225pts]: D-scythe [110pts], 5x Wraithguard [115pts]

Wraithguard [10 PL, 225pts]: D-scythe [110pts], 5x Wraithguard [115pts]

+ Heavy Support [14 PL, 272pts] +

Wraithlord [7 PL, 136pts]: Flamer [9pts], Flamer [9pts], Ghostglaive [10pts], 2x Shuriken Cannon [24pts], Shuriken Catapult

Wraithlord [7 PL, 136pts]: Flamer [9pts], Flamer [9pts], Ghostglaive [10pts], 2x Shuriken Cannon [24pts], Shuriken Catapult

+ Flyer [10 PL, 221pts] +

Hemlock Wraithfighter [10 PL, 221pts]: 3. Enhance/Drain, Spirit Stones [10pts]

Last edited by TheHostwiththeMost on Fri Jul 28 2017, 00:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
attackdrone
Hellion
attackdrone

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Wraith Host list   Ynnari Wraith Host list I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27 2017, 17:29

Per the latest FAQ you will need to include the Yncarne, the Visarch, or Yvraine as your warlord to be able to run Ynnari units.

See the "News and Rumors" forum for details; it has a link.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Wraith Host list   Ynnari Wraith Host list I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28 2017, 00:06

Good to know, thanks @attackdrone.  I adjusted the list.  Had to pull points off the wraithlords to fit her.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Wraith Host list   Ynnari Wraith Host list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Wraith Host list
Page 1 of 1