THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dealing with superheavies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
astorre
Hellion

Dealing with superheavies Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with superheavies   Dealing with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 18:47

I'll be heading to a 2250 tourny that lets everyone bring one Superheavy or Gargantuan Creature. I know they have "structure points" but past that I have no idea what works against them, does anyone have any advice on how to take down a Titan or a Stormlord in 2250?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with superheavies   Dealing with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 22:17

Lances, lances, and...oh...probably some lances (though Haywire Grenades might not hurt, but consider the unit a sacrifice unit).

Basically the gist is this; anyone paying out for one of those suckers is going to sink a lot of points into it - that means that the rest of his army will be substandard to say the least.

So for killing a superheavy all you need to know is you have to 'wreck' it a number of times equal to its Structure points - that's it. For the most part they are AV14 - which is no big deal to us, congrats on spending excess points. They also tend to explode in spectacular ways sometimes, be aware that it can be dicey being next to them at death.

Gargantuan Creatures are, once again, prone to death by lance fire. AP2 Str 8 hurts. Your poison weapns will only wound on a 6, but...quite frankly that's still pretty decent versus their toughness, so judicious use of Dakka Venoms is still a solid plan as well, though less so if they have a decent armor save.

Back to top Go down
astorre
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with superheavies   Dealing with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30 2011, 23:09

Thank you sir, I will let everyone know how it went!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with superheavies   Dealing with superheavies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with superheavies
Page 1 of 1