THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari color scheme

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

Ynnari color scheme Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari color scheme   Ynnari color scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 08:08

Having some creative issues coming up with a color for my army. It is Ynnari with some kabalites and then mostly Spirit Host (Wraithguard, Wraithblades, Wraithlords, wraithknight, wraithfighter...)

My kabalites are already a purple scheme. But I am not completely sold on making all my wraiths purple. I guess thats my backup at the moment. However, any help getting the creative juices flowing is greatly appreciated. I have Yvraine as my Warlord so I kind of want to pick something fluffy.

Also I wanted to ask what you guys thought about using the Visarch as an Autarch. I want to add wings, but would I have to do more converting than that? I know you all cant speak for TO's or anything, I just havent done a ton of converting and dont really understand the "norm".
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari color scheme   Ynnari color scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 09:56

Maybe do them white-gold with purple trims to make them fit together with the Kabalites? White and gold goes very well with purple.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/StarHorsePaints
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari color scheme   Ynnari color scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 23:19

Thats a damn good idea! I have never used white as a primer so this is as good a time as any to learn. I was leaning towards something white/bone color'd because of wraithbone. Always been a fan of red and gold, but I didnt think that fit with a non han eldar.

Its been hard finding lore on colors.

Any suggestions on white primer? Ill have to order some or head to a hardware store. The gw products sold locally are RIDICULOUSLY priced. Ill probably do some googling too but took a look at your blog and it looks like you might do a lot of white priming.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari color scheme   Ynnari color scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 23:24

I'm a big fan of hitting the patchwork nature of the Ynnari pretty hard. I'm working on showcasing that my Ynnari are a mix of different craftworlds, shrines, and kabals and cults.

The Ynnari color (or more accurately, Yvraine's livery color, which has become Ynnead's color) is red. According to the initial release fluff, it's very common for Ynnari to recolor themselves red entirely, or just a little to show their new allegiance. (Which I love, since it gives Eldar something similar, design palette wise, to Deathwatch.)

Long story short, I think it would be cool to pick any existing Craftworld and then just do their color scheme, but with one arm/leg or their face done in red.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari color scheme   Ynnari color scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 23:43

I had a feeling they liked red.  So many reds/purple...

Good to know.  That could be very interesting.  

I was originally thinking of some kind of quartered scheme, but I was reading that it can be a tough way of painting.  I got an airbrush and I plan on learning to use it with when painting this army so maybe that will help make it a bit easier.

I could pretty easily redo the kabalite's loin cloth to red (currently brown) to tie them in.

One of my major issues with eldar was that I never really liked the established craftworld or aspect color schemes.  

Ironically I dig the chapter's color schemes and I think deathwatch look badass, but I hate playing space marines.

Doing a uniform bit of red on everyone does sound great narrative wise.  I really love the whole yvraine story.  I was hoping to have it look very much like the cult out doing missions for the god of death.

Hmm I wonder if I could do like a bloody hand print on all the wraiths like the white hand in LOTR.  Kind of like Yvraine put the soul into the wraithsuit. It might be a bit too small... anyone have experience doing something like this?

I want to do a conversion for my spiritmasters too, but I wanted a more solid theme/scheme before I started that. Partly because I think spiritmaster models can be a lot cooler, and also because I cant find any for sale anywhere online.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari color scheme   Ynnari color scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30 2017, 00:06

If you want to freehand the bloody handprints on, the Prophets of Flesh transfers might make good templates for size and shape.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari color scheme   Ynnari color scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31 2017, 10:16

Hmm a little worried about the handprint idea (I doubt my freehand skills).  Anyone know how the souls are put into wraiths? having trouble finding information. Maybe I could show that in some way.  

Really liking the idea of doing some kind of purple/bone/white.  Ordered some gold but I am worried about what to actually use it on.  I feel like gold always gets out of hand and you end up with too much on the model (composition wise, not like literally too much paint).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari color scheme   Ynnari color scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari color scheme
Page 1 of 1