THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??

Go down 
+2
Mppqlmd
Darkin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkin
Kabalite Warrior
Darkin

razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? Empty
PostSubject: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 15:31

whar wargear should i run?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 15:35

Would you rather :
- turn a Kabalite's Splinter riffle into a splinter cannon
- turn a double linked splinter riffle (from razorwing or venom) into a splinter cannon

Both cost the same. So answer B is of course sub-optimal. It's not terribly bad, it's just bad points efficiency.
So keep it cheap. If you're playing 4-6 venoms, that will save you 60-90 points, which is A LOT. And you only lose 1-2 shots per venom.

The only real difference is the range difference. At 18", a SC has 6 shots while a TLSRiffle has 2.
So if you plan to play your army constantly at 18" range, it MAY be worth it. If not, keep your points.
Back to top Go down
Darkin
Kabalite Warrior
Darkin

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 16:46

Mppqlmd wrote:
Would you rather :
- turn a Kabalite's Splinter riffle into a splinter cannon
- turn a double linked splinter riffle (from razorwing or venom) into a splinter cannon

Both cost the same. So answer B is of course sub-optimal. It's not terribly bad, it's just bad points efficiency.
So keep it cheap. If you're playing 4-6 venoms, that will save you 60-90 points, which is A LOT. And you only lose 1-2 shots per venom.

The only real difference is the range difference. At 18", a SC has 6 shots while a TLSRiffle has 2.
So if you plan to play your army constantly at 18" range, it MAY be worth it. If not, keep your points.

thanks! now i have 88 points spare what should i do with em?
i could stretch em to 95 and maybe put some mandrakes in?

Last edited by Darkin on Sat Jul 29 2017, 17:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 16:56

I would need your list to answer that Smile

Kabalite Warrior
Darkin

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 17:01

Mppqlmd wrote:
I would need your list to answer that Smile
its at army lists
posted it here, just think even splinter cannon on the vehicles at double splinter rifles
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 17:08

Is it the "beginner 1500 point army" ?
You could stretch it and go for mandrakes.
You could use the points to, say, turn your Dark Lances and Void lances into Dissies and Dark Scythes
You could find 2 points somewhere and add 3 reavers.
All those options give your more "umph" and more tools to play with than the extra Splinter cannons.

Kabalite Warrior
Darkin

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 17:12

Mppqlmd wrote:
Is it the "beginner 1500 point army" ?
You could stretch it and go for mandrakes.
You could use the points to, say, turn your Dark Lances and Void lances into Dissies and Dark Scythes
You could find 2 points somewhere and add 3 reavers.
All those options give your more "umph" and more tools to play with than the extra Splinter cannons.

no sorry didn't say the name
its 1500 p DE by darkin
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 17:13

For 80 points you can turn all your DL into Dissies (i'm preaching a little bit here, but try it ^^)
For 6 points you can equip squads of Kabalites with PGL.

Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 22:50

I've got 4 Venoms with the upgrade, which is 60pts. I don't believe there's much I could add at that points that's better than extra shots for a mobile and hardy transport that can sit 18" away and get 16 Splinter shots and one darklight shot (counting the embarked Kabalites).

Like at 18" you're less 4 shots, which is another 1.33 saving throws I'm forcing my opponent to make, while they can only retaliate by focusing fire on a Hard to Hit 5++.

Personally I think it's that massed weight of fire that makes Splinter weaponry so damn good, so I think it depends how much Splinter fire you're playing with and if you can afford to lose some to take something else that's achieving a different purpose.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30 2017, 14:33

I also like the extra shots that I get from taking cannons on Venoms. The extra firepower power really adds up. It makes venoms better at the range game. That and the venoms don't have to be within 12" to get a solid number of shoots off. I like to try and keep my opponent more than an arms length away. The extra cannon helps.

The cannon on a Kabalite it worth it if you take a 10 man unit.

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31 2017, 02:12

Agree - the cannon upgrade on the venom is a solid choice - it's just not a no brainer anymore.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Darkin
Kabalite Warrior
Darkin

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31 2017, 02:29

the thng is i play 5 venoms and 3 razorwings where i would pay 120p just for 8 shots more witch isnt wurf in my book
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31 2017, 03:48

the bonus isnt the number of shots it's the range you get them at which makes a huge difference for all the 6" base move armies. Where spending the first couple of turns sitting at range whittling down some units before going in hard can make a big difference over just going all in t1 and hoping you kill enough to weather the return fire and combat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??   razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

razorwings and venoms with double solinter rifles or splinter cannons??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: