THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Are snipers rules poorly written ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Are snipers rules poorly written ? Empty
PostSubject: Are snipers rules poorly written ?   Are snipers rules poorly written ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30 2017, 10:02

The text says "Each time you roll a wound of 6+, it inflicts a mortal wound in addition to any other damage".
So we can assume that the mortal wound is inflicted immidiatly after you roll the 6. Before saves. The problem is that your enemy would allocate the (not yet saved) wound to a model, then allocate the mortal wound to that model (that isn't technically dead, so it's legit), thus rendering the normal wound useless.
So here's my question : is it possible, or not, to kill 2 models with a sniper shot, or can both wounds be allocated to the same 1W model ?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Are snipers rules poorly written ?   Are snipers rules poorly written ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30 2017, 11:25

Mortal wounds spill over so I would guess: yes.
You kill the model per normal wound and do the mortal one afterwards.

Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Are snipers rules poorly written ?   Are snipers rules poorly written ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30 2017, 14:26

^that would imply that if you're sniping a multiwound model, that the mortal wound would go onto the wounded model.

Last edited by Barrywise on Wed Aug 02 2017, 23:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Are snipers rules poorly written ?   Are snipers rules poorly written ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31 2017, 12:04

The mortal wound is additional to other damage, so you would resolve the normal wound first, if applicable, then the mortal wound, which would spill over in the case of single wound models. Not super clear, but should still work out the sensible way.

Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Are snipers rules poorly written ?   Are snipers rules poorly written ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02 2017, 22:01

Are snipers rules poorly written ? 09d9a90bdb237f5ec2951c797417a461

The way I see it, the rule says that on a wound roll of 6, you deal a mortal wound in addition to any other damage. If damage is the last step, and you are adding to that, then the mortal wound is after damage.

Are snipers rules poorly written ? B18cadf0962b8df123228ec3d839c86c

This part seems to confirm that mortal wounds are never lost.

Hope that helps =)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are snipers rules poorly written ?   Are snipers rules poorly written ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are snipers rules poorly written ?
Page 1 of 1