THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Disembarking From surrounded transports

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

Disembarking From surrounded transports Empty
PostSubject: Disembarking From surrounded transports   Disembarking From surrounded transports I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 00:17

I have been seeing a lot of people run crazy expensive units in transports...  It got me thinking about the old reaver strategy.

Disembarking From surrounded transports 805c785b5a849192df7f795bc3262064

Seems it is still valid as you disembark before removing the transport.  

Given that:

Disembarking From surrounded transports 81d0257f186f59fe053d17a03f04ffe5

Even though the bullet would go within 1" of friendly models I can still technically shoot a unit through my own units as long as my unit does not have a model within 1" of the targeted squad... right?

It got me thinking though...

Whats the order for ynnari? (granted I havent surrounded yet)

Transport dies > soulburst move to surround > unit disembarks (aka cant and dies)?

Or

Transport dies > unit disembarks > soul burst to shoot the unit that disembarked?

Second one seems a bit more cheesy but the first one seems a bit OP.

Disembarking From surrounded transports 668ab8a4b06f65b07401c3bb1491a016

If you immediately make a soulburst and you immediately leave the vehicle, is it whoever's turn it is decides what happens first and both end up valid outcomes?
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking From surrounded transports   Disembarking From surrounded transports I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 02:23

Yeah, you could attempt to surround a transport as long as you are more than 1" away. They might be able to drop some models down but I'm sure you'd kill at least half a unit of 10.

No penalty to shooting through units with the majority of cover saves gone. Just make sure that you can actually see the enemy models.

Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking From surrounded transports   Disembarking From surrounded transports I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 02:58

Interesting, so they would probably still be able to place some of the models?  Maybe I missing something with the surround?  AFAIK they have to be wholly within 3" of the transport, but more than 1" from my models.   Since you cannot remove the transport until you place the models, and models cant be placed ontop of another model, there shouldnt be any room at all for the squad. Maybe I am wrong?

The ynnari order of operations still seems strange to me.

Both disembarking and soulburst happen immediately after the transport dies.  If I am not mistaken simultaneous actions allow the current players turn to decide the order right?

If your opponent lets you soulburst first (in hopes to save the unit inside from shooting) you can instead soulburst advance and maybe surround the vehicle.  

If they decide they disembark first, you get to then shoot the squad that was inside the transport.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking From surrounded transports   Disembarking From surrounded transports I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 03:23

Oh unit is placed and then the transport is removed. whoops my bad.

Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking From surrounded transports   Disembarking From surrounded transports I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 05:41

Barrywise wrote:
Oh unit is placed and then the transport is removed. whoops my bad.

Sweet! good to get that confirmed. I havent gotten a chance try it, had ones of those "am I seeing this right" moments haha. Thanks man.

This is pretty dirty. I wonder how few points I can use to kill a tac squad by destroying their rhino Twisted Evil Reavers might be decently efficient.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking From surrounded transports   Disembarking From surrounded transports I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 07:48

TheHostwiththeMost wrote:
AFAIK they have to be wholly within 3" of the transport, but more than 1" from my models.   Since you cannot remove the transport until you place the models, and models cant be placed ontop of another model, there shouldnt be any room at all for the squad.  Maybe I am wrong?
The rule is within 3", not wholly within 3" in 8th Edition.

It takes a fair few models to fully deny placing a unit, but it is possible.

Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking From surrounded transports   Disembarking From surrounded transports I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 10:02

Jet bikes are pretty big, I used to be able to do it with about 6 in 7th. Remember we have 2" in between friendly models.

Good catch on the within, I dont know where I got wholly from, it clearly says "within" on the image I posted lol.

Its probably only worth it when its like an HQ/10 man squad in the transport. It would probably be more effective to use raiders. Flyer transports would be really easy to surround if they get ballsy and come in. Just have to actually kill it when its surrounded.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking From surrounded transports   Disembarking From surrounded transports I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disembarking From surrounded transports
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: