THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Imperial guard and Dark eldar

Go down 
+2
Jimsolo
dumpeal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Imperial guard and Dark eldar Empty
PostSubject: Imperial guard and Dark eldar   Imperial guard and Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 14:39

I'm not sure if it count for army list or tactics. I'm looking for maybee attend a small tournament in my city. The rules are simple: it's 2 team of 2 people, 1000 points each. My friend plays imperial guard and obviously, I'm dark eldar.

I wondered what interesting mix we could pull out with our armies combined.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Imperial guard and Dark eldar   Imperial guard and Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 14:59

You: 2 Dissie Ravagers, 2 Reapers, 1 DL Ravager (or Reaper), 1 Doom Farseer on Bike.

Him: Conscript Spam. Doom Farseer sits behind Conscripts to increase their offensive output.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Imperial guard and Dark eldar   Imperial guard and Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 21:50

Incubi and wyches for DE, guard do a tank line ... That could be fun too but I think Mr. Solo's idea is pretty good idea, gives you tons of anti tank and hoard.
Back to top Go down
Dizlen
Hellion
Dizlen

PostSubject: Re: Imperial guard and Dark eldar   Imperial guard and Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 00:09

If he can get a Celestine... oh my god. I've played 8 games vs a guard player as DE and every game she has been the mvp. Maybe she is just good vs dark eldar but holy heck she is extremely durable.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Imperial guard and Dark eldar   Imperial guard and Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 18:00

Hmm. Here are some things that come to mind:

- You could do armour-spam.

- You could have the IG player anchor your own table edge and objectives whilst you either advance onto the opponent's side or else use your mobility to go down one or both flanks.

- You could split roles and , for example, have the IG player focus on killing infantry while you take out the tanks (obviously he can still take anti-tank weapons, but he could also have a lot of Heavy Bolters, Mortars and the like).

- You could have a laugh and do two infantry armies. Wink

- You could just both make 'standard' 1000pt lists and then compare them and see how you can tweak them to best cover your bases as well as the weaknesses of the other list, if you see what I mean.

Dizlen wrote:
If he can get a Celestine... oh my god. I've played 8 games vs a guard player as DE and every game she has been the mvp. Maybe she is just good vs dark eldar but holy heck she is extremely durable.

With DE and IG on the same team, I think you need a Celestine like mine:

Spoiler:

Made from 100% DE bits. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Imperial guard and Dark eldar   Imperial guard and Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:50

@The Shredder : This looks fantastic *-*, how did you do the Scythe ? (Pole & blade ?)

Imperial guard and Dark eldar 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Imperial guard and Dark eldar 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Imperial guard and Dark eldar   Imperial guard and Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 12:29

masamune wrote:
@The Shredder : This looks fantastic *-*, how did you do the Scythe ? (Pole & blade ?)

Thank you. Smile

The scythe is made from four parts:
- The hands and most of the shaft is from a Hellglaive (with both blades cut off).
- The upper part of the shaft is made from one of the decorative poles/spears (I cut the pole off just below the line of ridges. I used this change in texture, along with the slight 'blip' in the Hellglaive shaft to try and mask where the pole shaft joined the Hellglaive shaft).
- The blade is indeed just a blade glued to the end of the pole.
- The small skull at the other end of the scythe is from the Dark Elf Sorceress' staff (The one with all the swirly magic around her. I had parts of her left over from a different conversion).

(If you'd like me to elaborate more on anything, feel free to ask or pm me.)
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Imperial guard and Dark eldar   Imperial guard and Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 14:18

Thanks a lot, I might try that if I found the spare time.

Maybe the blade, but I guess I can manage something with spare raiders blades x)

Imperial guard and Dark eldar 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Imperial guard and Dark eldar 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial guard and Dark eldar   Imperial guard and Dark eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imperial guard and Dark eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: