THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Abandoning Dark Kin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

Abandoning Dark Kin Empty
PostSubject: Abandoning Dark Kin   Abandoning Dark Kin I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 23:41

I started 40k back in 3rd, I started with Eldar and Space Wolves. I found Space Wolves, while looking nice compared to other Marines, did nothing for me. Eldar, on the other hand, caused me to fall in love with the models fluff pretty much everything about them.

Fast forward to very early 5e, models got destroyed everything from my original harlies to my buddy Eldrad and everything else. So I had an impulse buy of the Dark Eldar when the new model line came out. Unfortunately, I never became quite as fond of them as I had my Craftworld.

So, I have a few questions. Where is the best place to sell my Dark Kin to fund my Craftworld obsession? Should I keep at least a squad or two to all y with the budding Craftworld? Is footdar okay? ( I had literally 2 vehicles; falcon and a fire prism back in 3rd for a 3k point army.) Should I create a custom Craftworld for my named HQ ideas or go with a cannon army? I also have a question regarding how to get a certain color for the models.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Abandoning Dark Kin   Abandoning Dark Kin I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 00:39

You should tell whatever story most enthralls you. If that's the canonical escapades of the core of a major GW Craftworld, Kabal, Masque, Cult or Coven then great, if instead it's a fringe group of side players within that group and you merely use the identity as a trapping to tell your own story that's great too. If you tell a totally original story that doesn't disregard established canon that's also great. It's probably less great to ignore canon and idolize your own narrative but there aren't too many wrong ways  to play 40k.

At the end of the day though remember: don't adapt your story to the rules, use your story to justify the rules you choose to use. If that means calling yourself alaitoc on paper because your leader fits Illic's rules then that's totally okay.

I'd honestly probably keep everything.
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

PostSubject: Re: Abandoning Dark Kin   Abandoning Dark Kin I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 00:45

I would love to keep a lot, but I need a way to fund my CWE
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Abandoning Dark Kin   Abandoning Dark Kin I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 00:48

What do you have? If I HAD to liquidate and I was playing Craftworlds I'd be playing Ynnari for rules and using the Yncarne to get them. Are you particularly attached to Kaela Mensha Khaine?
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

PostSubject: Re: Abandoning Dark Kin   Abandoning Dark Kin I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 00:53

I used to like him a lot, but I am not too attached just to start. I know I will probably have very little in the way of vehicles or jetbikes. I used to love my psycher/aspect heavy footdar.

I have roughly 40 warriors, 30 Wych, 5 Mandrake, 5 incubi, archon, succubus, lelith, 3 venoms, 6 raider, 2 ravager, 1 razorwing, 12 reavers, 5 scourge, and 10 hellions. Prolly missed something
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Abandoning Dark Kin   Abandoning Dark Kin I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 11:56

There is a Barter section is the forum, if you're interested Smile
Always good to know ^^

Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Abandoning Dark Kin   Abandoning Dark Kin I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 00:41

Yeah there is also a miniswap subreddit.   Ebay always works as well.

Just keep in mind that unless a codex is dropping you are probably going to get 30-50% msrp. New in box or on sprue can get you more than that.  

The way eldar are in 8th edition you can be:

CWE

Harlequins

DE

Corsairs

Or Ynnari which is more or less all of them combined.

I play ynnari because I think it has the best universal special rule and I can use all my models which gives me a HUGE variation of lists I can make.

For instance I tend to use DE troops in transports because scatter lasers (and the bodies the go on) got super expensive and I needed a cheap way of dealing with hordes.  Tons of poison and invuln saves on the transport... Sure they dont have the power from pain to make them a little more durable, but I want them to die...  They die to feed my wraiths Soulbursts which allow them to move or shoot.

You have a lot of dark eldar though, you could definitely part with some of it and still have enough to sprinkle in when needed.

I would save the transports at least 3 or 4 of each and warriors to fill them. The ravagers are also really good, better than most of the CWE tanks (I would buy another so you had 3! haha)

I would look into all the new rules and see what you think.  Its also a really bad time to work on expanding eldar collections of all flavors.  We got nerfed hard with 8th in response to our competitive dominance in 7th.  When we get a codecies (codexes?) however, not only will you get more for your dark eldar, but you will have a much better idea of what you want to keep from your DE and what you want to buy for your CWE.

I am like you.  I keep looking at Tau, SM, GK, BA, SW, and I think the models look cool and all, but they just dont do it for me.  I keep coming back to my harly/CWE/DE collection.  Very excited I can now play them as their own armies, or combine them.  I plan to do some really high points games now that I can field everything under the same banner.
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

PostSubject: Re: Abandoning Dark Kin   Abandoning Dark Kin I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 15:15

I might go ahead and wait for the codex then, thanks for the suggestions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abandoning Dark Kin   Abandoning Dark Kin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abandoning Dark Kin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs