THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chaos Marines Hellforge:

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Chaos Marines Hellforge: Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Marines Hellforge:   Chaos Marines Hellforge: I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 08:47

Hey guys, I recently got the idea to build a Hellforge crew. A bunch of mad...um..inventive and creative Warpsmiths that use prisoners to create Hellbrutes, tame them and use them to raid and steal stuff to experiment on (and of course to defend their forge). A branch of Iron Warriors.

Now my question: What weapons would you give the Helbrutes? I figures some would need Lascanon and missile launchers tor anti tank duty, but the rest?

I´m not about an army list but more of a general discussion what combination of weapons I should use.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Marines Hellforge:   Chaos Marines Hellforge: I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 01:09

Depends on what you are going to be facing.  If that BAO guard list catches on things are going to be interesting to say the least.

For the most part in 8th I find you need to be able to deal with 3 things:

1.  t3 spam.  Conscripts, bugs, etc. (power scourge / missile launcher

2. 16+ wounds models. knights etc. (missile launcher / lascannon / multimelta)

3. 2+ wound elite infantry. (power scourge / Fist / Plasma)

A mix of Missile launcher/plasma/lascannon with some melee sprinkled in would probably be good. I would favor the scourge over fist because of horde armies. 

I saw a battle report that was all hellbrutes vs dreads back in 7th.  It was amazing, youre going to have fun with an army like this, especially with 8th ed rules.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Marines Hellforge:   Chaos Marines Hellforge: I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 10:35

I am not an avid tournament player but my friends said they would be fine playing against this army. Except one. But he is kind of an hypocryte, because last edition he surprised everyone with a Warhound titan in a campaign. Rolling Eyes

I thought about some of them with lascanons and missile launchers.
Some with Reaper autocanon and Scourges
Some with multi melta and power fists and heavy flamers (those snap fit models)

Sounds good?
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Marines Hellforge:   Chaos Marines Hellforge: I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06 2017, 00:44

Yeah, sounds awesome. They have a great loadout this edition. Literally something for everything.

If you ever face a dreadnought army, please record it or take pictures!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Marines Hellforge:   Chaos Marines Hellforge: I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06 2017, 08:10

Dreadnought army against Hellbrute Army? That would be a slaughter fest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Marines Hellforge:   Chaos Marines Hellforge: I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos Marines Hellforge:
Page 1 of 1