THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Troupe Masters vs Players

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blank05
Hellion

Troupe Masters vs Players Empty
PostSubject: Troupe Masters vs Players   Troupe Masters vs Players I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 10:41

So I was thinking about it and I noticed that a Troupe master has four more wounds than a player. Of course they"re more expensive, but they hit easier and, point for point, they survive twice as well. On the flip side of that coin, point for point the master has fewer attacks. So, I wonder, is it more effective to just buy troupe masters? When does offensive capability outweigh survivability?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Troupe Masters vs Players   Troupe Masters vs Players I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 10:48

You can take 3 (lightly) equipped Troupe for 1 (lightly) equipped Troop Master.
12 attacks (and 3 shots) against 5 attacks (and 1 shot)
3 HP vs 5 hp

So you're multiplying your defense by 166% to multiply your offense by 52% (counting the better WS).
The problem is : the best defense is offense. And with an army of Troop Masters, you'd get mulched by weapons that you normaly don't care much about (multi-wounds weapons).
So i'd say no.

Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Troupe Masters vs Players   Troupe Masters vs Players I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 11:04

No to mention you fill out your HQ slots that can be fitted with delcious Doom Farseers. Very Happy

Blank05
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Troupe Masters vs Players   Troupe Masters vs Players I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 04:35

Fair enough, but does the math take into account that 4 attacks aren't lost per wound? After the three wound are lost on the players, they put out 0 damage. The troupe master keeps fighting for two more wounds.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Troupe Masters vs Players   Troupe Masters vs Players I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 05:54

Troupe Master can get wiped out by 1 Lascannon.

Players will still be putting out 8 Attacks even if your opponent rolls 6 for damage.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Blank05
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Troupe Masters vs Players   Troupe Masters vs Players I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 06:59

Two players can be wiped out by a 1 boltgun.

Troupe Masters will still be putting out 5 attacks even though your opponent doesn't have to roll damage.

Just making a point ~_^. I get that heavy arms are a concern. But no more of a concern than a Las gun, really. If we assume that we're going against an average opponent, that being one who doesn't tailor a list specifically for you, they will have both small and heavy arms. Most likely more of the former than the latter. In such a scenario, the TMs might have the advantage here.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Troupe Masters vs Players   Troupe Masters vs Players I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 08:36

I'm sure it's obvious that running only TM is a defensive choice, and is thus, logically, more resilient than running Troupes. However, it's unefficient in a matter of offensive ability. And with Harlequins, the best defense is offense.

Kabalite Warrior
WildCandy

PostSubject: Re: Troupe Masters vs Players   Troupe Masters vs Players I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08 2017, 07:00

Take shadowseer, Solitaire and 4 troupe masters in starweaver, after disembark benefit from -1 to hit and reroll to wounds, and -1 to wound on incoming fire. Value...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troupe Masters vs Players   Troupe Masters vs Players I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Troupe Masters vs Players
Page 1 of 1