THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1250pt Escalation League List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

1250pt Escalation League List Empty
PostSubject: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06 2017, 22:59

I've got two ideas that are fairly similar. They're both built around a core of 3 Ravagers for Anti Tank and 3 Kabalite squads in Venoms with Farseer/Doom support for Anti Infantry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Farseer Skyrunner [178pts]: Singing Spear
Farseer Skyrunner [171pts]

Kabalite Warriors [50pts]: Blaster

Ravager [165pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Disintegrator cannon

Venom [95pts]: Splinter Cannon
Venom [80pts]
Venom [80pts]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Farseer Skyrunner [171pts]
Archon [58pts]: Agoniser

Incubi [90pts]

Kabalite Warriors [35pts]

Ravager [155pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

Venom [80pts]
Venom [80pts]
Venom [80pts]
Raider [115pts]: Dark Lance

List #2 trades 3 blasters, 3 disintegrators and a Farseer for a squad of Incubi w/ an Archon in a Raider. The main reason I dreamed up this list is because the mission will be Search and Destroy so the deployment zones are going to be very tight and close combat/1st turn charges WILL happen. Seems prudent to bring at least ONE countercharge type unit. That said, combat doesn't affect me all that much given that everything in my army has the Fly keyword and can fall back & shoot. I'm a little nervous to give up the disintegrators, leaving me without a great option for Elite type units with 2 wounds and good saves. My only potential opponents in the league are Chaos or Imperium and I already played the one IG player so perhaps I shouldn't be worried about anti infantry at all! Would love to get some thoughts on the lists in general and which you think is better.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 06:54

I am not sure you can run this, correct me if I am wrong but wouldnt you need a craftworld detachment for the farseers? Unless its ynnari in which case you would need a ynnari warlord.

Either way, that is 170 points just for doom. The farseer's other psyk cant be used on drukhari (no fortune or guide). I would only include a farseer in a ynnari army if you had CWE units to buff.

Other than that it looks like a solid army.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 08:37

He's using the Aeldari Keyword, like everyone else is doing right now since there is no point not to use the largest faction keyword available (until the codex drops).

And he's casting Doom and Smite every turn, which are definitly very solid powers.

Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 09:09

Mppqlmd wrote:
He's using the Aeldari Keyword, like everyone else is doing right now since there is no point not to use the largest faction keyword available (until the codex drops).

And he's casting Doom and Smite every turn, which are definitly very solid powers.

Ah gotcha, I read somewhere that if you do that you dont get power from pain / battle focus in mixed detachments (as your army does not count as a CW or DE detachment but rather as an aeldari detachment).  Correct me if I am wrong on this. I could be confusing something... (Edit: I probably am wrong, I took a look through the rulebook and I couldnt find any reason you cant. I guess maybe it just isnt optimal. It just seems off to me that you can have battle focus and power from pain going on in the same detachment and not a CWE detachment and a DE detachment each with their own in the same army, which seems more legit. Ill check the FAQ's later today when I have more time, it might be in there.)

Also those two powers are solid, but not 170+ points solid (at least in my opinion).  Guide is where the money is at.  You are right though, its not a complete waste.  I just dont think its optimal is all.
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 12:48

The idea with the Farseer is to run him with the Venom splinter boats to make them MUCH more deadly with Doom, while also dishing out a smite each turn. He can reroll dice for his psychic powers so I can go for 10's to get D6 damage from Smite, and then use one of my 7 command points to reroll the damage. At 1250 points the game probably won't go much past turn 3 so I can reroll one smite and one dark lance damage per turn.

All that said, I probably don't need to run TWO of them so I'm going to go with my 2nd list. I'm still a little bit scared to give up the dissies entirely, but I think the incubi might be worth it.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 13:22

I get what you are saying. That would work with the doom.

Its just crazy to think that a farseer on jetbike costs as much as a razorwing jetfighter.

I would say take him on foot because, with an advance, you can still reach about 32-37" with doom but you dont really have a solid way of protecting him with nothing on foot.

Dont forget you can surround transports pretty easily with so many vehicles. Pop them with the ravagers and the unit inside dies unless there is room to place them within 3" of their transport and not within 1" of your models before removing the dead transport.

Let us know how it goes =)
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 13:34

Oh snap, I did not realize you could advance and cast psychic powers! That actually makes a footslogging Farseer totally viable, especially for the mission this week were the deployment zones are right on top of each other. Too bad he doesn't get those sweet PfP advance rerolls on Turn 2. With the 55 points I save though I could give him a little retinue of Wyches or Wracks. Shame I won't get to use these sweet Dark Eldar Farseer conversions I slapped together last night!

Dark Seer 1
Dark Seer 2

Great tip on using my vehicles to surround transports!
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 14:01

wow, that guy is badass!

Wracks might be good.  t5 with the drugs t4 at least..(confused it with the heamy buff).  Just keep the 9" deep strike bubble in mind to protect you as wracks, wyches, or even kabalites wont last long to shooting.

Last edited by TheHostwiththeMost on Mon Aug 07 2017, 22:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 21:28

..Wracks can't use drugs though ... Unless I somehow missed the "combat drugs" special rules on them somewhere, only way I know how to increase their toughness is with a haemunculous ...
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 21:32

A guy over on the 40k competitive subreddit has got me talked into switching the list up a bit:

[1249pts] Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Drukhari)
Farseer [113pts]: Witchblade
Warlock [37pts]: Witchblade
5x Kabalite Warriors [54pts] 1 Blaster, 1 Agonizer
5x Kabalite Warriors [54pts] 1 Blaster, 1 Agonizer
5x Kabalite Warriors [50pts] 1 Blaster
9x Mandrakes [171pts]
RWJ [175pts]: 2 Disintegrator Cannons, Twin splinter rifle
Venom [95pts]: Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 22:43

I still dont like the psykers in there, but its not like we really have any good options till we get a drukhari codex. Maybe add what psy powers you would take so I get an idea of what you are trying to do. I am guessing drain and guide?

The flyer is definitely going to do work for you.

Is there a specific reason you gave the agonizers to the kabalite squads or was it just extra points? In general I dont like to give combat weapons to shooty units. I feel like aeldari work better when specialized. Although at 4 points a pop there isnt much you could get otherwise. I was thinking blast pistols for the sybarite but they are 10 points a pop.

Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 23:09

Yeah I kind of just want to try them out - I've seen a couple other lists floating around here that run them. The Farseer is for Doom but the Warlock is just cheap HQ tax. I'd probably give him Drain.

The agonizers are just so the Kabalite can do something in CC if that happens. It's only 8 total points on the whole list.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 23:28

Yeah, I mean its only 1250 points too, so you should be alright. Shouldnt be seeing anything too crazy across the board.

Still dont get to use that badass jetbike model though. Maybe use it and just tell your opponent that the bike is out of gas lol.

Also, I saw your post on reddit, one of our best anti elite option is the hemlock wraithfighter. Another source of smite as well =) 2x d3 shots auto hit wound on 2+(usually) -4ap 2D is brutal with the speed to land where a character is the closest model =)

It also can combo with the grenade launcher from the kabalites. Stack that -leadership.

Would be a great add for higher points if you want to keep with the Drukhari + psykers theme.
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 23:53

Oooo I love that idea. Ever since I saw the Hemlock in the index I wanted to buy one. Maybe I'll use this as my excuse to pull the trigger Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1250pt Escalation League List   1250pt Escalation League List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1250pt Escalation League List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: