THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chapter Approved

Go down 
+18
The Shredder
Jimsolo
lcfr
sekac
Kantalla
krayd
jjw771
The Strange Dark One
Hellstrom
Squidmaster
|Meavar
CptMetal
PFI
TeenageAngst
Marrath
helvexis
Mppqlmd
Dalamar
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dalamar
Sybarite

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 21:08

So today previewed The 2017 Chapter Approved Book and from the wording it looks like Dhrukari, Orks, and Necrons will not be in the first 10 Codex released, however everyone will get Objective secured on troops in matched play. New missions with the FLG go first mechanic in place. More Flyer Roll nerfs.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09 2017, 23:05

Well, as a DE/Ork player : this SUCKS !

Sybarite
helvexis

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 00:12

Mppqlmd wrote:
Well, as a DE/Ork player : this SUCKS !

Agreed but not entirely surprising after seeing the big empire v chaos faction war in the book and global campaign

but obsec is great and im glad to have it back. first turn changes make sense as does the flier nerf.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 02:24

Makes me happy that wracks are troops now Very Happy

TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 02:32

All 3 of those changes look perfectly reasonable. I'm glad 8th edition is innovating and expanding upon its own ruleset to enable the players to have a more diverse and balanced gaming experience. This is way better than--

Oh wait, shoot, those rules are all taken from 7th edition aren't they?

Well would you look at that. Boy is my face red.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 05:46

i'm glad they kept obsec. It was a good rule in 7th to keep troops important. Otherwise why would you ever want tac squads with devs kicking around. It sucks the rule doesn't go for transports now as that really benefited the army. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

I did like the move to the ITC +1 to go first. Dark Eldar are still fundamentally cheap so we won't get hosed by high firepower armies with low drops 5/6 games.

If we really aren't getting an update this year then its very sad. Gonna hit us very hard for the next few months with everyone getting a bunch of free crap and more options for their psykers and such. Figured Orks were more popular than to get the back burner treatment. Maybe it will mean our codex will be great after getting the kinks out or seeing what dark eldar need to deal with the competition. Oh well. We probably guessed this anyways, just a fact of life for Dark Eldar
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 07:29

I like those changes
Encouraging less silly all Devastator armies.

Incubi
TeenageAngst

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 08:50

Just for reference, ob-sec only kicks in if your detachments only contain one faction, right? So that means a detachment of only Dark Eldar or only Harlequins, not a detachment of only Aeldari or only Wych Cult or w/e.

Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 09:08

Aeldari is still a faction keyword, thus would still be fine?
Otherwise I do not think faction is specified anywere, thus I think it will be alright?
Otherwise there is just as much chance they mean the <wych cult> faction instead and in that case we are screwed.
I think it should have been faction from the old codex, like you say, (craftworld/harlequin/dark eldar/Tau/orks etc) but since there is no real difference between them right now I think any faction keyword is ok?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 09:23

Not, a detachment of Aeldari would do it, because that IS one Faction.

I really don't think ObSec has a place in the new edition. Horde armies were already doing really well. They don't need ANOTHER advnatage.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 10:17

The problem stems that elite armies had no way of capturing since someone just threw a horde down there. So they gave marines Obj Sec. But that mend that horde armies now lacked a way of securing, so they give it to horde armies. It just feels badly thought out.
The thing is they should have never made it always wins.
They could just have let marine troops (and other expensive troop choices like tyranid warriors) count double. Let only troops claim but not make it model dependend but let it be points worth of troops.
Heck they could even leave it as it was and just ad a stratagem for 1 or 2 cp that gave a troop unit objective secured for a turn.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 10:47

Or they made it to encourage people to actually take troops and not only Mandatory 3 squads of the cheapest stuff you can find?

Klaivex
Squidmaster

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 10:51

The trouble I see is that it means SPAM Troops.

I would be completely on board if they made this an open for all Strategem, but not as a general rule.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 12:34

If that's the case, there could have been troop spam last edition too.
Problem is that troops are not that great in killing stufff

Wych
Hellstrom

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 14:20

Conscripts and Brimstones here we come !!! Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 15:36

I am just waiting for the moment when they start handling out ObjSec like candy to Marine armies again. GW is just running in circles and I am questioning more than ever if they even know what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 15:55

Brimstone got more expensive and worse in smite. Conscripts on the other hand need fixing

Sybarite
helvexis

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 18:00

CptMetal wrote:
Brimstone got more expensive and worse in smite. Conscripts on the other hand need fixing

Either in the chapter approved or the probably soon to come out dex... although they are pretty well countered by a couple of squads of ratlings. Kill the commissar then just force morale. Well thats the theory. We just focus fire a platoon a turn and hope
Back to top Go down
jjw771
Hellion
jjw771

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 18:25

I am really liking the changes. I am not too worried about obsec being a problem on Brimstones or Conscripts because it doesn't really change anything. The current rule set states more models, due to how these units are built, they always will hold the objectives anyways.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 19:28

helvexis wrote:
CptMetal wrote:

Either in the chapter approved or the probably soon to come out dex... although they are pretty well countered by a couple of squads of ratlings.  Kill the commissar then just force morale. Well thats the theory. We just focus fire a platoon a turn and hope

In the 1 game vs. Astra Militarum that I've played so far in 8th edition, my opponent had a couple massive blobs of conscripts, and a bunch of tanks. His conscripts were spread rather thin, to cover a large area, so when I charged a unit with my grotesques, his pile-in actually pulled him out of command range of his commissar. My grots tore through a large number of them, and then he lost a bunch more conscripts from the morale test. So, I wasn't terribly impressed by them.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 23:10

Does he have to pile in or can he Form a conga line to keep in touch with the commissar?

Wych
Kantalla

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10 2017, 23:50

Pile in is optional for each model, so can maintain the conga-line and pile in where practical to get maximum attacks back.

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11 2017, 00:09

I mostly like these.

Seize the initiative is a terrible rule and always has been. Having it after a modified roll off is clunky and pointless.

I'm no good at story problems but does anyone know math on the second player finished deploying actually going first? Whatever the odds on the modified roll off, +16.7%. Is it just -16.7%+16.7%= back to 50%?
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11 2017, 00:36

What is Objective Secured?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11 2017, 02:13

lcfr wrote:
What is Objective Secured?

It's how you won games in 7th edition. Basically when there's a contested objective, the unit with Objective Secured claims the objective.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chapter Approved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved   Chapter Approved I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Approved
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next