THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The wych glory story thread!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

The wych glory story thread! Empty
PostSubject: The wych glory story thread!   The wych glory story thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11 2017, 15:42

I have neither the memory nor the time to document entire games, but snippets are fine!

My last game against tyranids: I used a 5 man hellion squad as bait in the open ( totally planned for it! I never make tactical mistakes Razz ) and a squad of 20 genestealers bit. The hellions died patheticly. But the stealers were now in the open with no support, so they were vunerable to ld shenanigans. Above on a high piece of terrain stood a lone raider, filled to the brim with wyches. A bit to the left stood my warlord archon, a succubus and a medusae in a venom.

Wyches had two hydra gauntlets and hekatrix had phantasm grenades, blast pistol and agonizer. Archon had blaster, phantasm grenades and huskblade. Succubus had blast pistol along with archite glaive. All disembarked, all fired at them and all charged. Five fell to wych shooting and four fell to the wyches blades. Archon an succubus both missed in shooting phase. Medusae eyebursted some gaunts away in another direction. Nid player then used a stratagem and hit bak at the succubus, resulting in nine wounds

Disheartened, I then managed to roll the highest amount of sixes I have ever seen in a roll (six 6s, two 5s, and a 3). She took one wound that was nullified by inured to suffering. I cackled loudly at my opponent as i hit back with my characters, wiping out most of them. Phantasm grenade launchers lowered their leadership suffiently so that the rest died to morale. Next turn she charged in the nid thingy that looks like an enlarged genestealer, and the wyches survived better than expected. This was last turn and three wyches lived at the end and all my characters. The nasty nidthingy was at its last wound.

I lost the game with three points.
Wyches with succubus support was my mvp, along with an heroic warrior squad who took out half a gaunt squad in cc before they succumbed.

My razorwing was charged and brutally murdered turn 1, and did nothing. Nid player made all invul saves agains lanceshots from my ravagers. Frustrating but exciting game.

What are your stories?

Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: The wych glory story thread!   The wych glory story thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14 2017, 08:34

Well, in my first game of 8ed a couple of days ago, I managed to kill a Dire Avenger with my solitary phantasm grenade. Not the Ld debuff, the actual S1 grenade.

I do, love to see some Wyches dishing out the pain, good work Hen Tai!.

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The wych glory story thread!   The wych glory story thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 17:46

Yeah, if you back them up with proper character support, they can be pretty mean. In one of my first games of 8th 9 of them and a succubus annihilated a squad of 20 necron warriors and decimated a second one, before I failed the fallback roll off and they got shot to pieces. But they managed to lock up almost half of his army for 3 turns that way, leaving the rest of my army to grab all those sweet objectives.

Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: The wych glory story thread!   The wych glory story thread! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27 2017, 03:47

I've footslogged them once in a 15-girl unit. I used LOS blocking cover and advances to reach the enemy with good results (killing 10 blood claws and surviving a charge from a dread and an iron priest). You can surpass overwatch by charging from out of LOS or by charging first with a raider or ravager. This way they are better tarpits against shooty or elite CC units. Even vehicles can be neutralized now. Of course, it is difficult to use them as a generalist offensive unit, as they lack the punch and can be erased with a little bit of shooting.

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: The wych glory story thread!   The wych glory story thread! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27 2017, 07:56

A slightly tangential story, but something I think is worth sharing.

My Scourges have been having a string of luck surely granted by the Laughing God himself in 8th. I had a squad of 4 Purestrains charge them, manage to kill two of them in overwatch, have the remaining two completely fail to hit with every single attack and have the Scourges wipe out the remainder of the squad. This in itself would be amusing, yet entirely unremarkable if this same squad hadn't managed to do the exact same thing against a squad of Assault Marines, Nobs, and Rough Riders in the weeks afterward. I'm open to ideas on what sort of mystical aura grants these particular five Scourges invulnerability in Melee.

Hellion
Shadowharte

PostSubject: Re: The wych glory story thread!   The wych glory story thread! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27 2017, 20:29

I have one from Yesterday's match. I had a Wych with Hydra Gauntlets in cc with Magnus; failed the 3 initial wound rolls just to reroll triple 6s taking down that Spike nipple monstrosity's last few wounds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The wych glory story thread!   The wych glory story thread! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The wych glory story thread!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: