THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Autarch with Reaper Launcher

Go down 
+5
Fremen
FuelDrop
amishprn86
amorrowlyday
The Shredder
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Autarch with Reaper Launcher Empty
PostSubject: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13 2017, 17:57

Assuming you're already taking an Aurtarch, do you think it's worth giving him a Reaper Launcher?

If he doesn't move, he hits on a 2+ (rerolling 1s), and if he does move then he still hits on a 3+ (again, rerolling 1s).

Thoughts?

Also, that aside, can I ask how you guys normally kit out Autarchs?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14 2017, 01:21

My Autarch rides a jetbike and has a laser lance and a Fusion Gun. I'm still up in the air on whether or not a banshee mask is worth taking.

I think you outrange me and are cheaper than me so long as you don't take a jetbike. I think you'd benefit from taking wings or a jump generator. I actually really like the jump jet idea.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 10:39

IMO Autarchs are best moving, you can place him where he is needed the most that turn and i do take a Banshee mask, its another part of the options that could help

I like the Wings, DSing abilities are good.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

Last edited by amishprn86 on Fri Aug 18 2017, 09:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 11:20

amorrowlyday wrote:
I'm still up in the air on whether or not a banshee mask is worth taking.

I'd take it over mandiblasters.

amorrowlyday wrote:
I think you'd benefit from taking wings or a jump generator. I actually really like the jump jet idea.

Oh, absolutely. I was planning to take this on a Swooping Hawk Autarch.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 10:19

I have both a Bike and a Wings Autarch.

My standard loadout for the biker is a Reaper Launcher, a Laser Lance, and a ton of ass kicking.

My Winged Autarch gets a power sword (not a great weapon with ST 3, but my options are limited), a Fusion Pistol, and a Deathspinner. Back in the day he got a Lasblaster but they are now crap so not touching them.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 10:38

FuelDrop wrote:
I have both a Bike and a Wings Autarch.

My standard loadout for the biker is a Reaper Launcher, a Laser Lance, and a ton of ass kicking.

I really wish Swooping Hawk Autarchs could take Laser Lances. Sad

But yeah, that sounds like a solid build.

FuelDrop wrote:

My Winged Autarch gets a power sword (not a great weapon with ST 3, but my options are limited), a Fusion Pistol, and a Deathspinner. Back in the day he got a Lasblaster but they are now crap so not touching them.

What did Lasblasters do back when they were good?

Also, how have your respective Autarchs performed in 8th?
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 10:46

The Shredder wrote:

FuelDrop wrote:

What did Lasblasters do back when they were good?

Also, how have your respective Autarchs performed in 8th?

Winged has done poorly compared to bike. Bike can put out 2 reaper shots, 4 shuriken shots, then a laser shot, then charge with 5 S6 AP -4 attacks that do 2 damage each and are hitting on 2+ rerollable.

Winged puts out a couple of shots and follows up with low strength and lackluster melee. No contest.

Lasblasters used to be assault 3, meaning that they could be fired at full efficiency at full 24 inch range. Add to that the old run rules, old battle focus, and old swooping hawk wings, plus Aspect Shrine, and you had an assault weapon with excellent range and maneuverability with enough rate of fire to compensate for low ST, being shot en mass at BS 5.

Making it rapid fire has cut down its effective range, making it far less effective for any unit that wants to keep its enemies at arms reach. That, plus the removal of proper grenades particularly haywire, has made Swooping Hawks go from a favorite unit to a display case unit.

Don't get me wrong, ST 3 AP 5 was terrible, but between range and rate of fire the gun was fantastic for harassment and kiting, and thinning out light enemies at ranges that they struggled to effectively retaliate at.
Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 11:18

A side topic but conected with the Autarch and reaper launcher. Who is better for supporting Ynnari Dark Reapers, Autarch or Maugan Ra?
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 15:22

Maugan Ra does his own thing in his own way...

And kicks ass at it.

Autarch's are better support for Reapers.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19 2017, 04:16

Fremen wrote:
A side topic but conected with the Autarch and reaper launcher. Who is better for supporting Ynnari Dark Reapers, Autarch or Maugan Ra?
If definitely sticking with the Reapers the whole game, Maugan Ra gives the same buff as the Autarch, but is more points efficient at shooting than the Autarch.

Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07 2017, 14:11

Kantalla wrote:
Fremen wrote:
If definitely sticking with the Reapers the whole game, Maugan Ra gives the same buff as the Autarch, but is more points efficient at shooting than the Autarch.

And if running Ynnari he can shoot 8 more shots on a soulburst. Check out my list here List
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07 2017, 18:15

Well, an Autarch is cheaper by 55pts and still has 2 options of fire both having better AP, one is S8 with 3D, also its 48" compare to 36".

Maugan Ra imo is better as pure AI and would only take if i really needed AI, where the Autarch being cheaper with a more options weapon, and b.c its 55pts cheaper you can bring 1 extra Dark Reaper + 19pts. Making it H2 s8's or H4 S5's with better ap and more damage.

Personally i like the Autarch.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08 2017, 02:09

I like the bile autarch with lance, banshee mask and either fusion for reaper launcher.

But for the cheaper version I prefer the wings. Which is what I would normally take. And being able to jump around via DS is nice. Power sword, banshee and either reaper or fusion.

Can the autarch have a fusion pistol and fusion gun?

Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08 2017, 02:42

Yes because of how each are acquired, but I'm not sure I really see the utility.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08 2017, 02:55

Forgot that you can't shoot a pistol and another gun.
So basically zero utility

PostSubject: Re: Autarch with Reaper Launcher   Autarch with Reaper Launcher I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Autarch with Reaper Launcher
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: