THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

State of Hornets in 8th?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

State of Hornets in 8th? Empty
PostSubject: State of Hornets in 8th?   State of Hornets in 8th? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14 2017, 05:03

Anyone run them yet?

I figure with vector engines and lightning assault, being a -2 to hit mobile shuriken cannon isnt bad...

119 a piece for only 6 shots seems a bit pricey. Even with the durability from shooting you still need to stay away from assault.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: State of Hornets in 8th?   State of Hornets in 8th? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 10:33

Costly what they used to be (2 Hornet pulse lasers) honestly they are just expensive in general.

Hornet Pulse Lasers being S6 and Heavy killed them, if it was Assault 3 S6, or Heavy 3 S8 then i would be fine. Its "named" weapon cant even use its own ability at the same time...... what a shame.

IMO the best way to run them is with Shuriken Cannons and Vector Engines.
This will give you -2 to be hit while Advancing, you will use it as a harassing unit, flying all over the place taking pop shots, Orks cant even shoot you now, SM needs 5+.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: State of Hornets in 8th?   State of Hornets in 8th? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16 2017, 21:12

Thats how a figured.

It just doesnt seem worth it unless they fix the weapons. Sucks, I have 3 because the formation was badass before.

The -2 to hit could be fun in some games though. Just a little side gimmick.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: State of Hornets in 8th?   State of Hornets in 8th? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16 2017, 21:29

IMO they are better than 3 shuriken Windriders with that setup.

Hornets
T6
8 total wounds
3+
-1(-2) to hit
6 shots

Windriders
T4
6 total wounds
4+
9 shots

Over all the Hornets will take a lot more to kill, with 2 more wounds, 1-(2) to hit 1 better save, it just does less damage.

IMO it needs its main gun fixed tho, i would love to see it as H3 S8 or A3 S6.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: State of Hornets in 8th?   State of Hornets in 8th? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16 2017, 21:38

The -2 to hit is even better...  Imagine someone rerollin misses...  They roll 3's and 4's, cant reroll because its before modifiers, an then end up missing.

However there is one thing that the bikes have going for them...

Soulburst.

Only time I run bikes is with a unit of 9 and yvrain soulbursting them with guide on from a farseer.  36 shots during my turn rerolling misses. What conscripts?

I would really love to see the hornet become playable though.  Its just hard justifying a forgeworld model as a shuriken cannon chassis.

About the hornet pulse, it is ridiculous that this "fast assault" vehicle only has 1 assault weapon choice.  I think it would be golden at like Assault3 s7 ap-2 D2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State of Hornets in 8th?   State of Hornets in 8th? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

State of Hornets in 8th?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: