THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar armored core

Go down 
+4
dumpeal
amorrowlyday
Barrywise
Jimsolo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Dark Eldar armored core Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14 2017, 23:50

First time out with the armored core list.

Spoiler:

Ran it against an armored core of Emperor's Children. 3 Rhinos with two squads each, a hellforged dread, some warlord on a bike, two of their hellforged xiphon (sp?) flyers, a hellforged sicarian, and a couple of the rapier gun batteries.

The list worked perfectly.  The vehicle platforms let me keep the guns at the most extreme possible range. I very rarely had to move the Reapers, so the movement penalty to their shooting was a minimal issue.

I'm looking forward to using this list again.

EDIT: The point here isn't so much that I'm looking for list advice as I was trying to discuss the idea of Armored Core as a Dark Eldar concept. (I had brought it up before, but this was my first time actually attempting it.)

Does anyone else think we can do vehicles (entirely or almost entirely) and field some reasonably competitive lists?

Last edited by Jimsolo on Wed Aug 16 2017, 15:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 01:03

Was that as Ynnari?

Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 01:03

Can't be per current rules. Wouldn't benefit anyway right?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 02:14

Instead of the warlock, I would have taken an haemy to boost reaper's toughness.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 02:22

dumpeal wrote:
Instead of the warlock, I would have taken an haemy to boost reaper's toughness.

What would you have cut to afford it?
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 20:50

Also aren't reapers like ravagers in that they are only <kabal>? I don't use forgeworld models so I don't have the book land can't look it up.
Back to top Go down
Lord Johan
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Johan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 21:15

No - Reaper is <coven>, <cult> or <kabal>. But I think he went for maximal offensive output and reducing it to make it tougher vs S6 shooting wasn't relevant in his estimation. If you don't give up Doom you would need to give up a Reaper to take 33% less dmg from s6 and 25% less from s7. Do you think it would be worth?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 23:24

Personally, I think the added ability to use Doom to weaken a tough unit (and Smite to finish off critically injured ones) is a very useful ability.

The Haemonculus would bring virtually no offensive capacity with him. If I brought him, I'd also be forced to keep the Reapers near him in a tight knot, which limits their movement and increases my odds of losing my Warlord to an explosion.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16 2017, 14:15

Jimsolo wrote:
dumpeal wrote:

What would you have cut to afford it?

I don't have the point lists here, but probably 1 reaper and with the difference of points, try to get a small wrack unit. It would help prevent charge on your reapers.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16 2017, 15:31

How do you figure? One five man unit doesn't seem like it's going to do much good as a screen (shooting through it would be a no-brainer for anti-infantry fire), and it seems like taking a Reaper out is giving up a lot of firepower.

I could see screens of multiple wrack units working in some lists, but I just don't see how that's going to do much good here.

The point, really, is to discuss the viability of Dark Eldar armored core lists. With the improved vehicle resiliency of 8th, I think lists composed almost entirely of vehicles might have a decent chance of being competitive, and our Ravagers and Reapers top the charts for damage output in their weight class.
Back to top Go down
Lord Johan
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Johan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16 2017, 16:48

Taking the numbers from my Drukhari weapons thread, 1 dissie raider + 8 normal kabalites + 2 blasters coming in at 225 pts is better vs GEQ (6.22.. vs 4) and MEQ (4.055... vs. 3.33... ) and pw (5.58 vs 3.55) and dpn (2.32 vs 1.77) but worse (eg. 2.9 vs 5.3 vs TEQ, 2.3 vs 3.3 vs leman russ) vs all other tested targets than 3 dissie ravager. And the above wounds are at 12" range while the Ravager can fire at 36" range. Dissie raider + 5 kab w blaster is worse vs all tested targets even at rapid fire range. The Ravager is in practice much more durable because it stays far away.

Currently traveling on mobile so can't present neat picture.

I personally believe this type of list has potential to be strongest. I think it might benefit from RWJF in mix but don't know what proportion.

It's also worth discussing if tac. obj. change picture.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 09:03

Single unit base means take all comers lists will waste a lot of points of firepower not being able to target what works for them best, which is good.
I don't know what a reaper is, but how is this list vs infantry? The ravager are going to mess up vehicles, and other heavy things
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 11:42

Dissie Ravagers are extremely potent against infantry that isn't GEQ.
Reapers have a dispersed shot that works quite well against GEQ.
This list is balanced, IMO.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18 2017, 14:17

Reaper is a Forgeworld DE unit.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t15687-tantalus-and-reaper-profile-leaked

The raider keels give this army enough movement to outpace a lot of little horde armies too, which is nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar armored core   Dark Eldar armored core I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar armored core
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: