THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spartan_Rambo
Slave
Spartan_Rambo

Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin) Empty
PostSubject: Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin)   Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24 2017, 17:28

Hi, I'm starting with Harlequins and I have lots of doubts on what to get.
I had IG but ditched them because I like more of an aggressive-in your face approach to the game. I have found the Harlequins troops to be very well suited to my needs but I'm struggling to choose what to purchase.
I already have 12 of the basic troop
2 Skyweaver
1 Shadowseer
I'm seeing a lot of people combining Harlequins with Ynnari, but is it worth it since you lose rising crescendo?
Also, I don't want to get Eldar or Dark Eldar units since I have no idea if a combination of them will be viable once the codex is out; but I don't mind the idea of a Harlequin army with Ynnari troops like Yvraine.
What do you recommend me?
Thanks a lot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin)   Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24 2017, 17:59

Every single Troupe needs to be in a transport, no exceptions. Pick up a Troupe Master to match each Troupe, a Death jester and Solitaire. Some bikes to round it out, and you're good to go!

I'd recommend Embraces and Fusion Pistols on everything - that lets you threaten both tanks and infantry.

The downside to Harlies is there isn't a lot of variety in lists.

Also if you're running all Harlie units, just stay Harlequin - the advantages of Rising Crescendo are worth it. You'll only want to go Ynnari if you do something like bring in Dark Reapers for fire support.

Spartan_Rambo
Slave
Spartan_Rambo

PostSubject: Re: Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin)   Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24 2017, 18:57

Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin)   Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24 2017, 19:39

Moving to the appropriate subforum.
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin)   Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 05:45

See https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2017/08/11/friday-night-fight-ultra-marines-vs-harlequins/ for an example of what a competitive harlequin list looks like. From what I have read it could struggle against armies with a lot of cheap infantry screening their important stuff.

The viability of including Dark Eldar/Eldar units with them shouldn't change with any codex releases as long as each detachment in your overall army is a single faction. For example a Harlequin Battalion combined with a Craftworld Eldar Air Wing Detachment with three Hemlocks would be fine. Or a Dark Eldar Spearhead detachment with some Ravagers for long(ish) range fire support. If you do add anti tank options from the other armies like this then you can take less fusion pistols to spare some points for more troops.

My favourite Harlequin units are the Solitaire and four Skyweaver jetbikes all with glaives and shuriken cannons. Both are really fun and can do some serious work.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin)   Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26 2017, 18:41

I know i'm late, but here are my 2cents

There are IMO 3 ways to play Harlequins atm, we can argue what is better but all are very close to being about the same.

1) Fusion spam
2) Troupe spam w/ DE/Eldar Back up
3) Pure Quin with dedicated rolls (some fusion units others with CC weapons)

Ive tried these 3 and honestly Troupe spam with Eldar back up IMO is the strongest, Ynnari IMO isnt that good for Quins.

I like the Fusion idea and i currently play with 6-7 fusion guns in my army, but i dont feel the fusion/ynnari spam is that good, yes it won a tournament once, but over all its actually very hit or miss.

IMO Eldar back up, a Farseer, Dark Reapers and Hornets with 4-5 Troupes with Troupe Masters/Shadowseer has done work for me. It can handle almost every situation.

These are just some thoughts from a person with 26-28 games with Harlequins.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin)   Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice on what to get for 1500 points (Harlequin)
Page 1 of 1