THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Questions from a new player

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frowny
Hellion
Frowny

Questions from a new player Empty
PostSubject: Questions from a new player   Questions from a new player I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27 2017, 17:07

Hey everyone,

8th edition seems a lot cleaner than previous editions, promting me to consider getting back into 40k after many years and a brief stint with tyranids way back in high school, maybe as much to try my hand on the modelling and painting side as to play any games. In terms of feel, I really like the more-fantasy feel of some of the DE models (mandrakes and scourges are just beautiful), but am not a huge fan of many vehicles. Seems like a lot of painting. I was thinking of using some kind of Warhammer fantasy cavalry modeled with wings as jetbikes.

Some questions:
Would it be too frowned on to use winged fantasy wild riders and/or white lions with riders on stands or somesuch as jetbikes (shining spears, skyweavers, reavers)? Somehow they just seem like theyd' be fun to paint and convert

How viable is an army consisting mostly of Jetbikes, scourges and mandrakes and beastmasters with assorted minions?

Any ideas on fantasy-esque conversions for DE/eldar/harelquin troupes to camp some objectives?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a new player   Questions from a new player I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02 2017, 12:04

Hello !
I think the conversions you suggest would be very nice, and i don't think one should ask permission about converting : it's your collection, so bugger all and do what you want Smile

About your other question : scourges and mandrakes are very nice, and beastpacks as well. Reavers suffer from a big problem : they cost too much for what they do. But if you intend to use Windriders, then you're all good, since they remain quite good.

Have a nice week end.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a new player   Questions from a new player I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02 2017, 19:30

I have a unit of "Eldar jetbikes" made using Wild Riders/Sisters of the Thorn. They look great, and most opponents have no issue with them. I've had one competitive event refuse to allow them, but that's the only snag I've hit with them thus far.

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a new player   Questions from a new player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions from a new player
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls
-
Jump to: