THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 pt. brigade detachment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

2000 pt. brigade detachment Empty
PostSubject: 2000 pt. brigade detachment   2000 pt. brigade detachment I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01 2017, 03:58

so i wanted to pull together a 2000 point army that was a brigade detachment, just to see what i could pull together. Let me know what you all think

HQ
Yvraine
Haemonculous w. electrocorrosive whip
Haemonculous w. flesh gauntlet

TROOP
Kabalite warriors
kabalite warriors
kabalite warriors
kabalite warriors
Wracks w. ossefactor
Wracks w. ossefactor

ELITE
Trueborn w. 2 Dark lance
Trueborn w. 2 Dark lance
Beastmaster

FAST
2 Kymerae
Scourge w. 4 dark lance
Scourge w. 4 blasters (wanted DL, but had to scale back for points to blasters)

HEAVY
Ravager w. DL
Ravager w. DL
Ravager w. Dissies

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS
Raider w. Dissie
4 X Venom w. TL splinter rifle

Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt. brigade detachment   2000 pt. brigade detachment I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01 2017, 15:42

You can't have any Coven units in a Ynnari list.

Other than that looks about as decent as a brigade can be at this points level. Maybe the points saved from swapping out the Coven for Kabal units can upgrade some weapons though.

Blasters for the Troops and Dark Lances for the Scourges should be a priority (more so Lances for the Scourges).
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt. brigade detachment   2000 pt. brigade detachment I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01 2017, 22:42

I thought I could have the coven in the same detachment since they are aeldari. I know they can't be Ynarri (so no strength from death), but I thought they could still be in the same detachment (like having IG in a space marine army).

Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt. brigade detachment   2000 pt. brigade detachment I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01 2017, 23:50

You're not really gonna get a lot of mileage out of soulburst with this. Assuming Blasterborn in Venoms, you can only use the soulburst actions on the Scourge with any decent effect.

Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt. brigade detachment   2000 pt. brigade detachment I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02 2017, 02:29

Chippen wrote:
You're not really gonna get a lot of mileage out of soulburst with this. Assuming Blasterborn in Venoms, you can only use the soulburst actions on the Scourge with any decent effect.

Interesting.

My thinking was in fact to boost up with the blasterborn in the venoms then deploy to get the soul burst.

An alternative would be to get wraithguard, use yvraine right off the bat to give them the soul burst (in psychic phase and get the extra movement so that they can get within range of their guns. Of course then they would not get the extra soul burst to shoot.

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt. brigade detachment   2000 pt. brigade detachment I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02 2017, 15:10

Ok. Changed things up a bit (and caught an error in my first list). Here is revised:

HQ
Yvraine
Autach w. reaper launcher
Farseer

TROOP
3X Kabalite warriors w. Blaster (to ride in venom)
3X kabalite warriors (scattered either on objectives, or around my characters as meat shields)

ELITE
Trueborn w. 2 Dark lance
Trueborn w. 2 Dark lance
Beastmaster

FAST
2 Kymerae
Scourge w. 4 dark lance
Scourge w. 4 dark lance

HEAVY
Ravager w. DL
Ravager w. DL
Ravager w. DL
5 Dark Reapers

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS
3 X Venom w. TL splinter rifle
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt. brigade detachment   2000 pt. brigade detachment I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06 2017, 01:12

So I tried this list this weekend. I ended up swapping out the dark reapers for wraithguard.

List performed well. I tabled my opponent at the end of turn 5. He had 2 land raiders, and I deployed my wraithguard poorly, so I spent most of the game trying to wound those big baddies with all my dark lances.

The best thing I did was to deploy one squad of scourge beside the two trueborn and one kabalite warrior squad. So I was able to maximize soul burst shooting with them.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt. brigade detachment   2000 pt. brigade detachment I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06 2017, 01:12

So I tried this list this weekend. I ended up swapping out the dark reapers for wraithguard.

List performed well. I tabled my opponent at the end of turn 5. He had 2 land raiders, and I deployed my wraithguard poorly, so I spent most of the game trying to wound those big baddies with all my dark lances.

The best thing I did was to deploy one squad of scourge beside the two trueborn and one kabalite warrior squad. So I was able to maximize soul burst shooting with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt. brigade detachment   2000 pt. brigade detachment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 pt. brigade detachment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: