THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Unit, Slave Harvester

Go down 
+3
Archon_91
FuelDrop
amishprn86
7 posters
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

New Unit, Slave Harvester  Empty
PostSubject: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 03 2017, 16:33

IDK where to place this sense its a new unit to add and not wishlisting of rules etc...

The idea is to have a Vehicle to pick up slaves and give us buffs.

https://imgur.com/Sh6upiD   < Looks

M30| WS 4+ | S6 | T6 | W18 | A6 | LD7 | Sv4+
Explode, Night Shield, Always advances 6"
2 Twin Splinter Rifles, 2 Twin Phantasm Grenade Launcher

"When you move over an infantry unit it does D3 mortal Wounds, on a roll of a 4+ you gain a Slave token, if then unit contains 5 models or more on a 3+ gain a Slave token, if the unit contains 10 or more models on a 2+ you gain a Slave token. Each time this model gains a Slave Token that unit takes an additional D3 Mortal Wounds"

So this model can only do up to 6 wounds a turn, but its going to be a large army buff model and AI model.

Slave Token chart; All Drukhari units with 12" gain these buffs based on Slave Tokens

1) Gain +1 LD, all enemy units within 12" are -1 LD
2) Add 1 turn to the PFP Chart
3) Gain +1 to Inured to Suffering and Coven get +2 instead
4) All units gain +1 Attack
5) All units gain +1 Strength
6) All units gain, on a wound roll of 6, Deal 1 additional Mortal Wound

The Idea is that number 6 is the most important one, but Number 1 is a Great way to keep larger units alive more and to give DE another LD modifier, it acts like a "Moral" buff/Debuff

Number 2 and 3, i feel we need some modifiers to the PFP chart, if our Codex gets them then this can change.

4-5 are just Melee buffs, more design to help Wcyhes and Coven melee for late game hard hitters.

EDIT 1: Movement and non-flier now, change weapon lode out

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

Last edited by amishprn86 on Tue Sep 05 2017, 00:19; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 02:08

Not sure about making it a flier. having it as a high speed vehicle might be a good option to look at. I like the concept though.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 04:15

Is that supposed to be 4 splinter rifles or 4 splinter cannons? And let say this vehicle takes on the role of LoW for us (cause it looks and sounds conceptually awesome) instead of the Phantasm grenade launcher it should have a better version that reduces leadership by D3 or be assault D6 and reduce leader ship by 1 per hit as opposed to just one if hit while still being stackable with Phantasm grenade launcher. ... Or am I missing something (happens often) and this is a model GW is actually considering putting out ...
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 14:06

Archon_91 wrote:
Is that supposed to be 4 splinter rifles or 4 splinter cannons? And let say this vehicle takes on the role of LoW for us (cause it looks and sounds conceptually awesome) instead of the Phantasm grenade launcher it should have a better version that reduces leadership by D3 or be assault D6 and reduce leader ship by 1 per hit as opposed to just one if hit while still being stackable with Phantasm grenade launcher. ... Or am I missing something (happens often) and this is a model GW is actually considering putting out ...

I idea wasnt a gun boat, but the weapons as more of "protection" for the vehicle, the idea of it being a flier is to get in and get out fast, it comes picks up people and leaves.

I was thinking, i would give is it 2 Twin Splinter Rifles with the options to upgrade those 2 to Splinter Cannons.

IDK if i even want the PGL on it honestly, i wanted a way to emulate a gas bomb hitting units before it grabs them.

Back to top Go down
Lord Johan
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Johan

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 15:02

I like the idea of gas bombs and terror. How about 4 twin-linked phantasm grenade launchers?

and what if the slaver rule read: When this unit moves over a unit of infantry, roll d6 equal to the number of infantry models in that unit. If the unit contains at least 5 models, for every roll of 6, one model is removed as a casualty. If it contains at least 10 models, this happens on a roll of 5 or more instead. Set those models aside as slave tokens. They count as fled from battle for purpose of any other special rules. If any models were removed this way, the unit suffers -1 leadership until end of turn.

So this way you can't negate the wounds with fnp and you could possibly cause huge morale failures in infantry blobs.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 15:07

Lord Johan wrote:
I like the idea of gas bombs and terror. How about 4 twin-linked phantasm grenade launchers?

and what if the slaver rule read: When this unit moves over a unit of infantry, roll d6 equal to the number of infantry models in that unit. If the unit contains at least 5 models, for every roll of 6, one model is removed as a casualty. If it contains at least 10 models, this happens on a roll of 5 or more instead. Set those models aside as slave tokens. They count as fled from battle for purpose of any other special rules. If any models were removed this way, the unit suffers -1 leadership until end of turn.

So this way you can't negate the wounds with fnp and you could possibly cause huge morale failures in infantry blobs.

Sense they are doing Mortal Wounds, i like the Mortal wounds idea better, it just keeps in consistant with GW's new thing.

Also it would be to strong IMO against Multi Wound Infantry units.

I have thought about making it equal to bombing rules were it is 1 per model, but then i was wondering if it is to similar to the bomber.

Back to top Go down
Lord Johan
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Johan

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 15:09

Yeah maybe it's too strong. But with the mortal wounds thing I just realized you might take 1 wound off a Primaris and gain a slave off that. Maybe part of him came off and is still alive though
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 15:31

Understandable.

Also i wanted it more survival and Coven Keywords with it, i wanted it to be more armored like and less shooting.

It needing to get close and stay close, swooping down (so they gave it extra armor).

I didnt say points, i was looking at 180pts

Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 15:51

I think being a flyer would hurt it. You would want to go back and forth over the same unit, and flyers can't do that (unless they are CW, of course, because CW can do what ever they please. They are the Disney princesses of the 40k universe).

I would move the Inured to pain bonus to 5 tokens, move the +1 S to 4 tokens and replace 3 by "Units have +3 to charge distance" or "unit can advance and charge".

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 16:12

Moved to Rules Development - Count Adhemar

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 16:37

Mppqlmd wrote:
I think being a flyer would hurt it. You would want to go back and forth over the same unit, and flyers can't do that (unless they are CW, of course, because CW can do what ever they please. They are the Disney princesses of the 40k universe).

I would move the Inured to pain bonus to 5 tokens, move the +1 S to 4 tokens and replace 3 by "Units have +3 to charge distance" or "unit can advance and charge".

Yeah it doesnt have to be a flier.

Also 4 TL PGL sounds like a cool idea.

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 17:37

By "flyer" do you mean it has the "fly" keyword?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 17:43

Archon_91 wrote:

Airborne and "flyer" unit.. It will have Fly for sure, all DE vehicles do.

Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 17:44

Archon_91 wrote:

Flyer is a Organisation Chart category. Cf : Razorwing jetfighter and Voidraven bomber.

So the "Big Giant Slavery Net of Doom" does need to fly (it's not a Centipede of Doom), but it doesn't need to be a plane.

Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05 2017, 00:08

I like the overall idea, but for me the concept of doing it via flying over the enemy is at odds with the aura abilities of the vehicle. If I want to use the benefits I need to keep it close to my troops on foot, but for it to improve it must move to past an enemy squad, which will be out of aura range for the squad I want to buff.

So if it were to do the same type of thing but with large capturing talons or other fluffy device, then it could probably stay in one spot, however it does change the design of the craft a lot and makes it well... a lot like a err... cronos. In fact it really becomes/fills that same void as a cronos, with a powerful set of rules. Which really is a role that everyone has wanted filled, as we need a force multiplier, badly.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05 2017, 00:15

LordSplata wrote:
I like the overall idea, but for me the concept of doing it via flying over the enemy is at odds with the aura abilities of the vehicle. If I want to use the benefits I need to keep it close to my troops on foot, but for it to improve it must move to past an enemy squad, which will be out of aura range for the squad I want to buff.

So if it were to do the same type of thing but with large capturing talons or other fluffy device, then it could probably stay in one spot, however it does change the design of the craft a lot and makes it well... a lot like a err... cronos. In fact it really becomes/fills that same void as a cronos, with a powerful set of rules. Which really is a role that everyone has wanted filled, as we need a force multiplier, badly.

I've mention in another thread that i had an idea of a Cronos style one that was huge cronos basically, like in the newer movie war of the worlds.

It wont be a flier at this point tho that will be changed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Unit, Slave Harvester    New Unit, Slave Harvester  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Unit, Slave Harvester
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: