THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

lululu's Painting Log

Go down 
+8
Gobsmakked
Incubi Death
Keravin
GAR
Evil Space Elves
Ciirian
Skjalgepalg
lululu_42
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lululu's Painting Log   lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29 2012, 05:53

Here is the hellion test model.
lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 Photobucket-4033-1338266999700

Space Elves get a pass.

Last edited by lululu_42 on Sat Jun 23 2012, 10:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghosttrain23
Hellion
Ghosttrain23

PostSubject: Re: lululu's Painting Log   lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30 2012, 02:19

Wow, Super liking the color scheme. The Green And white work great, and deff something I haven't seen around Also with colors like those, I would touch up with some blood stains (in weapons, faces, etc) since they will really stand out and look coolish.

And what to you think about changing the turquoise to a metal color or making their skin darker? to add more contrast, and make the army look less like their trying camouflage, unless thats what your aiming for of course.

Nonetheless, Awesome paint job man!

lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: lululu's Painting Log   lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30 2012, 08:00

Yea Im going for a more camouflage like scheme. Im not to much into the concept of gore for painting miniatures. It's just something I don't like looking at with my mini's (too much in video games and movies these days).

Im not 100% set on the turquoise or the skin. I was sort of going for the Jade blade kind of thing/ bright colors = poison kind of look but keeping it hidden. I don't know. I'm probably going to just see how this ends up and decide form there.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: lululu's Painting Log   lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 10:09

Here is a small squad of Hellions still WIP I was planning on getting an airbrush but I decided to use spray paint instead. So now the base color of the skyboards will be darker then the test model I did earlier which I think will look better in the end.

lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 Photobucket-4601-1340442004811

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: lululu's Painting Log   lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 19:32

(Sorry about the crappy lighting)
lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 Photobucket-4919-1340562464659
The poor warrior is forced to defend himself from the Hellion gang.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: lululu's Painting Log   lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 19:49

Looks very nice, I like the colours on the hellglaives (turquoise is my favorite colour). But as I always say, they would look several times better if you base them.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: lululu's Painting Log   lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 20:19

I don't know what kind of basing I want to do yet. As of right now its an after thought but I am unsure what to do. T_T

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
wilku
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner

PostSubject: Re: lululu's Painting Log   lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25 2012, 09:39

If you're into camo stuff the base should compliment the armor scheme - maybe with more earthtones, so that the already dazzling figures don't blend with it completely.

Speaking of which - while I like contrasting camouflage (eg. my SM scouts have black-red-white camo) I find these models hard to focus on - I mean it's cool that they have a dazzling scheme that distracts their opponents, but it also distracts a viewer attention - I'd suggest toning down the white to some shade of gray and exposing one or two focal points (of your choice) on each model.

PostSubject: Re: lululu's Painting Log   lululu's Painting Log - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lululu's Painting Log
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: