THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP) Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP)   Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 15:31

I recently found my old DE-Army and after looking at all the new beautifull modells i decided to start my own Kabal. The Bulk of my Army will consist of the old Warriors with more and more new miniatures and vehicles thrown in.

Modells available right now:

HQ
1 scratchbuild Archon
2 old Haemis
1 scratchbuild Haemi w/ Liquifier (using new bits - highelven bowman legs, Hellion Torso, topknot-Head from the old warriors and an old Eldar special weapon as Liquifier gun)

Elite
6 old Warriors w/ Blaster converted to Blasterborn

7 scratchbuild Wracks (WHFB-legs (Highelven Bowmen, DE-Warriors) with Hellion+Wyches-torsos)

Standard
42 old Warriors w/ Splinter Rifles
1 old Warrior w/ Shredder
3 old Warriors w/ DL
4 old Warriors w/ SC
2 old Warriors -> converted to Sybariths

18 converted old Warriors w/ pistol+CCW as Wyches
2 converted old Warriors as Wyches w/ SI

Fast Attack
4 old RJB
2 old RJB w/ Blaster

Heavy
1 old Talos

Transport
1 old Raider w/ Dis
1 Venom w/ 2SC

over the next weeks, additional 33 old Warriors & 3 old RJB will join my growing Kabal via ebay + a box of scourges and a new ravager are on my shopping list.
I love scratchbuilding and converting those plastic-miniatures. Thinking right now about building myself a new archon from alls those leftover bits to lead the army into battle.

Color scheme:
I really dig the colorscheme of the 3 Warriors (painted by Dave Gallagher) in the 3rd. edition DE-Codex, clad in dark metallic-blue armor. Now I only have to figure out the rigth colors to do it. I am currently thinking of chainmail with asurmen blue-wash or, in case this turns out not to be dark enough, boltgun + blue wash. I will post some pictures as soon as I am able to paint some warriors.
edit: color will be black coating, boltgun metal, 2 layers of asurmen blue-wash, chainmail highlights

Fluff:
Currently writing on a short Background story - but this will take some time....

edit: added Venom and other new miniatures to my list. Colorscheme updated
edit 2: added new assembled miniatures to my count

Last edited by Kesharq on Fri Nov 11 2011, 11:26; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP)   Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 15:37

Here are the first pics:

Step 1
primed black
painted boltgun metal
2 layers of asurmen blue Wash

Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP) Kabali10

Last edited by Kesharq on Sun Nov 13 2011, 17:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP)   Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 19:19

One can't really see much of your miniatures, for the images are far too dark.
I like the tone of the blue armour though, the metal idea seems nice, but you should try to use some white, grey (or other neutral) background and some better lighting, so we can really say something about the look of your models.
Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP)   Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 19:38

these models don't have any highlights yet, just the blue-metallic color - I'll post some new pics soon.

Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP)   Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 09:02

Let's have a look at the reinforcements my Kabal got over the last months

Modells available right now:

HQ
1 scratchbuild Duke (might pass as a generic Archon or succubus)
2 old Haemis
1 scratchbuild Haemi w/ Liquifier (using new bits - highelven bowman legs, Hellion Torso, topknot-Head from the old warriors and an old Eldar special weapon as Liquifier gun)

Elite
20 Trueborn (converted from old Warriors, some new Warrior-Torso, additional bits etc.)
-> 2 DL
-> 2 SC
-> 6 Blaster
-> 6 Splintercarbines
-> 4 Splinterrifles

Wracks (scratchbuild w/ WHFB-legs (Highelven Bowmen, DE-Warriors) with new Hellion+Wyches-torsos)
7 Wracks w/ CC
1 Wrack w/ Liquifier

Standard
Warriors (old Warriors)
-> 2 Sybariths
-> 42 Splinter Rifles
-> 1 Shredder
-> 1 DL
-> 3 SC
-> 3 Blaster

Wyches (old Warrior-bodies, some Dark Elf Helmets)
-> 3 Hekatrix w/ Agonizer
-> 25 pistol+CCW
-> 2 Shard + Impaler

Fast Attack
Jetbikes (old RJB)
-> 2 Splinter Rifles
-> 2 Heatlances
-> 2 cluster caltrops

Beast Master
-> 5 Beastmaster on Hellion-Skyboard (new Skyboards, wild Mix of old + new Warrior/Wyches-bits)
-> 6 Khymeras (5 old Warpfiends + Warmaster Sphinx)
-> 5 Razorflock Wings (4 new RFW + 1 Warmaster Undead Carrion)

Heavy
1 Talos (old Modell)

2 Ravager (converted from the old Raiders)

Transport
1 Raider w/ Dis

Venom
-> 2 converted Eldar-Vyper (dual SC)
-> 2 Venom (dual SC)

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP)   Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of Screaming Souls (WIP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: