THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequins and DE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
submarine
Hellion
submarine

Harlequins and DE Empty
PostSubject: Harlequins and DE   Harlequins and DE I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10 2017, 11:00

I am a massive fan of Harlequins but a whole army of them seems a bit bland to me, despite the colour. So I want to ally them with one of the other aeldari armies to make a force that shares the aeldari keyword.

I know from looking at rules and reading forums that eldar look like the most competitive build, but I am not such a big fan of the eldar.

I really like the dark eldar lore and models so I intend to go for them.

At first glance I was thinking about adding in a couple of razorwings and some venoms with kabalites, possibly scourge. I did think about ravagers but my feeling is that they will end up sitting at the back and get disjointed from the rest of the army which will be moving forwards. I like generally playing an offensive force. Rememer I want to the mainstay of my force to be the harlequins which will consist of at least one shadowseer, troupe master, and 3 units of players in starweavers.

Has anyone got good results merging these two factions, are there any tactical options I am missing?

Thanks for any help guys
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

Harlequins and DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins and DE   Harlequins and DE I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10 2017, 12:40

DE are, IMO, the more tactical choice in this edition. Our shooting (Which is what harlies lack) is tremendous. Ravagers, Razorwing Jet fighters, Warriors in raiders - all of these bring some much needed firepower to a Harlie army. I pair my DE with my wife's 'Quins all the time, and my only complaint is she needs more 'Quins! (She only has a troupe choice, solotare, 3 shadowseers and 3 death jesters)
Back to top Go down
submarine
Hellion
submarine

Harlequins and DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins and DE   Harlequins and DE I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10 2017, 17:49

Thanks for that. What are your thoughts on venoms? What I like about them when compare to a raider is that they offer more shooting from the vehicle itself. The raider houses a single weapon and is more expensive.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Harlequins and DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins and DE   Harlequins and DE I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10 2017, 20:01

Venoms bring AI. Harlies are far superior in terms of AI. Bring them what they lack : AT.

Sybarite
Faitherun

Harlequins and DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins and DE   Harlequins and DE I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11 2017, 02:48

Mppqlmd wrote:
Venoms bring AI. Harlies are far superior in terms of AI. Bring them what they lack : AT.

This.

I like to take my raider with two Warrior squads, a blaster, and PGL in each 3 DL shots and 18 Splinter shots at 12" is not to shabby...

But mainly Ravagers and Razowrings. Those will make your day
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Harlequins and DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins and DE   Harlequins and DE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 05:23

Quins need AT like they said, you will want Lances, so Scourges or Jet fighters. Ravagers will sit in the back yes.

As a DE player and a Quin player, i actually enjoy the play style of quins more so, they are for me more tactic.

Also a Flier will stay with your Quins more and have a bit of a threat, you can get 3 fliers zooming around to also give Anti-charge range on your quins vehicles.

My Quins takes 2 Fliers every game.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harlequins and DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins and DE   Harlequins and DE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequins and DE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum