THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Good Ynnari picks masterpost

Go down 
+3
TheHostwiththeMost
tonytastey
amishprn86
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

Good Ynnari picks masterpost Empty
PostSubject: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10 2017, 11:13

After playing around with the Reborn for a bit, I realised we lacked a good gathered info section about what's a good pick and what underperforms in Ynnari.

Let me start:

Scourges - Dark Lance underperform without Yvraine support, 4+ on hit hurts them badly. They make for a good sniping squad due to range if you don't move them. In 90% situations, they should be the prime targets for the Ancestor's Grace.
Blaster squads pull their weight and overperform with support, but die easily due to very short range. 10-man squads with Shardcarbines and support melt through high T non-vehicle enemies and perform very well alone.
Heat Lance is brutal as good drop position means you are in the Melta range, again overxetension kills them. Not worth it in my opinion as you bascially make them a suicide squad.
Haywire Blaster is really worth it only if you go against necrons and very vehicle reliant builds, as it eats tanks and stuff for lunch and goes through Quantum Shielding like butter.
Shredder/Splinter Cannon should not be taken. At 8/15 it would be better to just take more Scourges with carbines, as they perfrom waaay better.

Generally speaking, Scourges benefit from PfP more as it gives them a bit of a survival edge, but if you can support them with Yvraine and take heavy-damage weapons, they make for a decent replacement for a Ravager which cannot benefit from SfD.

Incubi:

PfP boosts them immensly but with SfD they allow for some really insane actions like double attacks and charges from half across the board with double move etc. Apply them to high value targets as they are not tarpits, they follow the glass cannon idea of Dark Eldar. Lack of Inv save hurts them and it's a good idea to have the Avatar around for that sweet 6+ save roll. I say good choice but requires finesse to apply properly with Ynnari, however if applied effectively, they can do some nasty stuff. They eat Termies for breakfast.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 05:56

The best unit in game ATM for Ynnari (until FW gets a rules update and gw is working on that right now) is the Shadow Specters.

Cheap, good gun, fly unit with 12" movement, -1 to hit, 3+, has HF, Assault weapon so you can advance and shoot.

Shadow Specters are Great against Infantry, elite units (S6 -3ap), Anti-charging unit and good against light vehicles.

Wraithblades are really good with the Swords, the Yvraine can ride with them in a Wave Serpent, you get out cast Word of the Phoenix on them to get 2 melee actions.

Dark Reapers are great as well and can be very survival, but a Warlock and Conceal them for a 2+ save or skip the Warlock and just put Yvraine there to cast Word of the Phoenix, Double shooting Dark reapers is very effective.

Harlequins are fine as well, especially with Fusion Pistols, you can either Dbl shoot, Dbl Melee etc.. Losing Rising Crescendo does hurt, but taking them with the intent to be fore of a Melta unit that is good in melee changes how you play with them.

Claw Fiends, i know this sounds wierd but they are actually good for a couple reasons, 1) They are a single unit and will trigger SfD for other units and 2) they are actually good at melee, having 1 run next to Shadow Specters to charge and take charges are great. For 35pts you can have a great disruptor that can give you a 2nd action that packs a punch.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 19:48

I'm surprised Wraithguard with D-Scythes haven't been mentioned yet. The 5th place list at BAO featured 3 Wave Serpents full of Wraithguard. The unit is insane, especially if you can get them into cover, and it's pretty easy to put them where they need to be with the ultra durable Wave Serpent. 33% of the time you're firing 15 S10 AP-4 shots with these suckers after advancing (which you'll have to do to get in the 8" gun range / 7" SfD range). 3 wounds each with a 3+ save and T5 makes these guys pretty durable too.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 20:52

tonytastey wrote:
I'm surprised Wraithguard with D-Scythes haven't been mentioned yet. The 5th place list at BAO featured 3 Wave Serpents full of Wraithguard. The unit is insane, especially if you can get them into cover, and it's pretty easy to put them where they need to be with the ultra durable Wave Serpent. 33% of the time you're firing 15 S10 AP-4 shots with these suckers after advancing (which you'll have to do to get in the 8" gun range / 7" SfD range). 3 wounds each with a 3+ save and T5 makes these guys pretty durable too.

They are still extremely good still yes, just costly, but with how survivable they are now i dont mind the cost.

I have a unit my self, i just dont find them fun to play and forgot about them XD

Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 21:56

tonytastey wrote:

I think nobody mentioned them due to the fact that while they are good, they are not that hot in Ynnari lists. I mean they require a lot of support and points to be effective in an army that favors faster vehicles for effective use of SfD and speed to be around triggers where and when you need 'em. They are great if you want to just go goodstuff lists with Ynnari sprinkle as a bonus, but dedicated Reborn lists will probably choose something else over them. From my experience, best Ynnari models are either very fast, able to get into combat/shooting range to cash in on SfD or have great ranged shooting to trigger SfD in key areas.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 22:20

For anyone wondering just to know for now, Super Competitive Ynnari is basically Yvraine + Dark Reapers, 3x10 Shadow Specters with Autarch/wings a Farseer/bike and the rest are Fliers.

FW is getting an overhaul so Shadow Specters might go up in points a small amount (something like 5-7 each im guessing), but they still will be great.

The idea is to have the 30 Shadow specters Doom a target, get Re-rolls and literally try to kill 6 things turn 1, having the 10 Dark Reapers shooting 2x as well.

If it wasnt for Conscripts this list might be Number 1

Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13 2017, 20:06

I have been walking my wraithguard and they are not that bad.  The Dscyths have a surprising range if you word them to advance twice.

I have found with ynnari, its all about smoke and mirrors.  Our opponents are going to get used to 7" especially with death guard being released.  This means I like to play around what they think I am going to do.

They think I was going to word a unit to shoot twice?  Instead I word the Dscyths to move into range kill the unit with them instead and give the other unit that was in range double shooting at something else. (Also wraithsguard are surprisingly good in CC, people dont see it coming because they think the Dscyths are the dangerous bit, you can always fall back and shoot anyways, At s5 -1 d3 its great for popping light vehicles.)

Its a big mind game once they have played you a couple times and understand the ynnari gimmick.

I figured the dominant list would be reapers and shadows.  I could definitely see the shadows going up in cost but they will still be good at what they do.  I dont have any and because of the lists at nova I dont want to buy any until this FW stuff gets settled.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 06:15

Want to be a dick?

Hemlock
Shiny Spears
Autarch (movement wings or w/e)
Farseer (movement bikes or w/e)
3x10 units of Specters
Hug the Hemlock (or Farseer if you need to zoom the hemlock away) with Conceal.

All your guys are now -1 to hit, Shadow Specter becoming -2

Watch your opponent Cry

PS: Corsairs Skyreaver Band with BoP and Shuriken can be used as a really good anti charge, cover, easy to set up SFD chain reactions, they are 70pts for 5, but your oppoent will be scared to kill them (next to Shiny Spears and Specters) and scared to charge them (BoP are Poison flamers but better, 6's are -1ap and 1 dice roll for them all, that means 1 CP can get you 5 or 6 hits per guy).

Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 16:58

You forgot you have to include an Ynnari HQ to get SfD with the new FAQ.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 21:01

I didnt included on purpose, you "should" have enough for a 10 man Reaper squad and Yvraine.

That list (with 5 Shiny Spears) is only 1400pts

Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17 2017, 09:00

Ain't you a sneaky one. Very Happy

On another note, have any of you tested Hellions/Reavers in Ynnari. They look good on paper and I was wondering if they would be worth getting Gangs of Commoragh and I don't mean just for the sheer value of the packet Very Happy

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17 2017, 09:10

Reavers and Hellions both are very Niche roles IMO, they excel at one thing and outside of that one job they dont really do much.

If you know they will be useful, then sure. Reavers are more survivable, faster, but dont have as much of a punch.

For me Reavers for the points they never do anything, BUT i have not tried them in Ynnari.

Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17 2017, 09:20

I was thinking more along the lines of "herp derp 20-man Hellion squad Soulbursting" kind of thing. Very Happy

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17 2017, 09:39

Thats 350pts Surprised

Lol try it out and let us know Smile

Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 12:56

I am trying to figure out what is the most competetive 1000pts Ynnari list. Maybe you could help? I know that Yvraine, farseer and dark Reapers are great, but what more can I add for the small points?

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 13:16

Shadow Specters, they are the single best Ynnari unit.

-1 to hit Jump S6 with AP that generates more hits (up to 3 per) and a HF for if things get to close with a 3+ save.

I've seen a unit of 5 kill 30 Orks (Word of the Phoenix with the HF's)
Kill 2 Units of Devastators
Pop a Rhino (had 6 Wounds left) then kill the Tac squad inside.

If you have a Hemlock (for larger games) or a Farseer, Conceal makes them a total of -2 to hit, making them extremely effective, then add Doom on top of that, you will wipe units.

If i had a few hundred dollars, i would buy 30 of them.

Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 13:23

It seems awesome Smile It is 690 for 30 of them, quite a lot, but seems worth it.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 13:34

Fremen wrote:
It seems awesome Smile It is 690 for 30 of them, quite a lot, but seems worth it.

My "wish listing" Ynnari list is
Vanguard Detachment: 1987pts, 7 drops
Yvraine
Farseer Skyrunner shiny spear
Shadow Specters x10 Exarch
Hemlock
Hemlock
Dark Reapers x10 Exarch
Wave Serpent, Star Engines, Spirit Stones, Vector Engines

I have everything but the Shadow Specters. Dark Reapers and Yvraine goes in the WS as 1 drop and for protection. They get out and basically Yvraine baby sits them and Word of the Phoenix on them every turn.

Shadow Specters stay close to the Hemlocks b.c 1 will always have Conceal (save my Command points for Conceal), this way they are -2 to hit always.

The Exarch are basically an extra wound for a few points more, the abilities on them are cute, i just wanted the 1 extra wound.

Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 14:14

Looks decent Smile what about Farseer? Does he do anything except going with Shadows and dooming everything?

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 14:19

Fremen wrote:
Looks decent Smile what about Farseer? Does he do anything except going with Shadows and dooming everything?

Just stays with the Shadowseers for Doom and Guide Smile Guide is to make sure you get those hits on.

If both goes off, its basically a 100% chance to kill something, especially if its T7 or higher, you will need Doom, but if you need to clear mobs you need Guide (unless you are within flamer range, then you use doom).

Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22 2017, 07:59

You have mentioned Skyrwaver Band, you really think they are good? For that points you have 5 Scourges with shard carbines and better save or 10 Kabalites (more meat shield).

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22 2017, 09:19

Fremen wrote:
You have mentioned Skyrwaver Band, you really think they are good? For that points you have 5 Scourges with shard carbines and better save or 10 Kabalites (more meat shield).

You take them b.c of the Brace of Pistols (Poison Flamers), they are cheap "troops" a 5man with Shuriken Catapults (these are good on the Jump guys) is 70pts for a Jump troop with Rending shots and a Flamer each (that is a pistol).

Or take a 5man Reaver Band for 50pts with Shardcarbines (the range) as objective holders, anti-chargers (the flamers each guy has).

Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22 2017, 09:38

Ok, now I get it Smile I will proxy them on a friendly game and see how i goes Smile unfotunatly it will be against Tau - I hate this galaxy communists Razz

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22 2017, 09:40

If they still had the ability to take a Venom, i so would play a few units.

Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22 2017, 15:12

amishprn86 wrote:
You take them b.c of the Brace of Pistols (Poison Flamers), they are cheap "troops" a 5man with Shuriken Catapults (these are good on the Jump guys) is 70pts for a Jump troop with Rending shots and a Flamer each (that is a pistol).

Or take a 5man Reaver Band for 50pts with Shardcarbines (the range) as objective holders, anti-chargers (the flamers each guy has).

Why do people keep calling "brace of pistols" flamers. They are not like flamers at all. They are Pistol D6 shots that you roll once and apply it to all models in the unit. you still need to roll to hit for each shot. For example you have a 10 man unit and someone declares a charge. You roll 1D6 lets say you get a 3. You now have 30 shots hitting on 6's. Flamers rock because they auto hit. BoP don't.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Ynnari picks masterpost
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next