THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coming back from Exile

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

Coming back from Exile Empty
PostSubject: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18 2017, 16:36

Hello fellow Drukhari,
Long time 40K player who sold up his D.E late third edition, but due to a spontaneous trade of some AoS I have acquired a nice, shiny lot of spiky goodness to expand on as my Archon regains his old power.

8th so far has been highly beneficial for me (as my other two armies are Grey Knights and Sisters) and it looks like the Sons of Commorragh have done pretty well for themselves as well. Liking the new Pain Table and overall there's a fair few ways you can go with the army and stay pretty competitive (unless you are keen on crow spam jocolor )

This is a list of what I have acquired:
Archon

Urien Rakarth

Haemonculus

5x Incubi

3x Grotesques

1x Talos

20x Kabalites

20x Wyches

5x Scourges

10x Hellions

2x Raiders

1x Ravager

6x Reavers

Think the first thin I will be doing is grabbing another Ravager, get some air support, and some Incubi, although I have heard mixed reviews, will grab some crows as shields for my tanks and aircraft and really liking the Tantalus, so will probably grab one of those in my travels.

Of course any advice would be greatly appreciated from my fellow Dark Eldar, I would like to dabble in a single farseer and maybe some Harlequins, so advice there would also be good.

Being Drukhari though I will take all comments with a grain of salt...we do like to stab each other in the back Wink

Look forward to meeting you all!

Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18 2017, 20:57

Welcome, fellow Archon!
As a welcome gift I got this box for you but please open it far away! Wink
On a more serious note, welcome! Great having you here.

I havent payed as much as many here so any tips I can give most here will do better. So I'll leave it at that.

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19 2017, 11:04

Von Snabel wrote:
Welcome, fellow Archon!
As a welcome gift I got this box for you but please open it far away! Wink
On a more serious note, welcome! Great having you here.

I havent payed as much as many here so any tips I can give most here will do better. So I'll leave it at that.

I will allow my third in command to open said box...never really liked him anyway.

As you are the only one to respond thus far it is better than nothing Smile

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19 2017, 18:51

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19 2017, 21:11

Hello and welcome !

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20 2017, 10:44

Thanks for the welcome all Very Happy

Anyone like to show me where to post what I have to get advice or would like to chip in here, I would appreciate it greatly Smile

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20 2017, 14:26

The subforums tend to be pretty self-explanatory.

General Discussion is for broad topics that don't fit super well elsewhere.
Tactics is for discussing specific strategies or how to deal with specific threats.
Army Lists is for proposing and critiquing peoples' army lists.
Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20 2017, 14:28

Jimsolo wrote:
The subforums tend to be pretty self-explanatory.

General Discussion is for broad topics that don't fit super well elsewhere.
Tactics is for discussing specific strategies or how to deal with specific threats.
Army Lists is for proposing and critiquing peoples' army lists.

Fair call, I just thought here would be a similar spot to put a non specific request to members, but I shall start up a thread in general Smile

Hellion
DOGGED

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 16:25

Sorry for the pun, but can't help it.

Being Australian, wouldn't it be appropiate that you get some Clawed Fiends and/or Ur-Ghuls for your Archon? And a Beast Master with some Khimerae and Razorwings? (joking apart if you play offensive with the Archon they will definitely help)

You know, because of the deadly fauna and all that...

P.S.: I know it's easy joking but at least I didn't come up with the "how is it that you don't fall" thing...

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 17:27

DOGGED wrote:
Sorry for the pun, but can't help it.

Being Australian, wouldn't it be appropiate that you get some Clawed Fiends and/or Ur-Ghuls for your Archon? And a Beast Master with some Khimerae and Razorwings? (joking apart if you play offensive with the Archon they will definitely help)

You know, because of the deadly fauna and all that...

P.S.: I know it's easy joking but at least I didn't come up with the "how is it that you don't fall" thing...

I do love all the beastie options (despite them not being overly good at the moment) so will probably get a few just to paint and add to the collection eventually. But I am looking at more a Kabal piratical theme currently...we're surrounded by ocean so I think that suits us to. Just gotta put some great white bites in my Raider and venom Hulls Wink

Hellion
DOGGED

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22 2017, 23:03

Razorwings definitely have a place besides pirates, don't they? A hardline version of parrots?

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23 2017, 01:50

DOGGED wrote:
Razorwings definitely have a place besides pirates, don't they? A hardline version of parrots?

Well our current Navy has jet fighters and helicopters so having a fighter wing that can land on some Avengers style air carrier thats been Drukharified would be a definite base of operations for a Piratical envoy.

PostSubject: Re: Coming back from Exile   Coming back from Exile I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming back from Exile
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls
-
Jump to: