THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Death Masque Harlequins

Go down 
+6
Lord Nakariial
Fremen
Mushkilla
Mppqlmd
Jimsolo
angelrei
10 posters
AuthorMessage
angelrei
Hellion
angelrei

Death Masque Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25 2017, 12:06

Hey all had a friend who gave me the Death Masque box set Harlequins, he found it in his pile of to be opened/made and since he dosen't like eldar and only took out the death watch stuff and has given me the rest. Just looking for advice on what to equpit these guys with and such and how you play with them, also the box set seemed to of had two death jesters inside instead of just the one.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26 2017, 17:18

Kisses are the best weapon in this edition, I think.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26 2017, 17:32

I'd say embraces. Being the cheapest (by a mile) is a big deal. I think AP-3 S4 is as good as (if not better than) AP-2 S5 since the Troupe Master will help with wound rolls anyway.

I can't see the appeal in kisses. AP-1 is such a downgrade for a 14pts weapon, and is useless against most targets, and unreliable against the targets it would be useful against. I think making it D2 would have been better.

The real question is : fusion pistols or not ? I fail to see the use of Neuro disruptors, but fusion pistols are good. I love to take some when i proxy my kabalites as Harlies Smile The fact is tank-hunting is the weakness of the army, so better take some of that sweet S8. Getting in range is not that hard for them.

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26 2017, 18:08

I'm a fan of caresses, S5 is really handy against a wide range of targets.

Whatever weapon you take make sure you have a few regular pistol/sword models per unit to soak up overwatch/shooting.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27 2017, 10:19

Kisses are overpriced in my opinion. For 1 point more you have embrace and fusion pistol Smile I am running this configuration with troup Master in a starweaver. It works very well Smile

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27 2017, 16:15

Fremen wrote:
Kisses are overpriced in my opinion. For 1 point more you have  embrace and fusion pistol Smile I am running this configuration with troup Master in a starweaver. It works very well Smile

I'm running this exact same unit pirat

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 08:25

Ok, im a hardcore Harlequins player, ive played a few dowzen games with them.

There are 2 things when equipping and they are VERY important

1) Embraces (point for point) are the best
2) Fusion Pistols EVERYWHERE

Why Embraces over Caress? for 2 reason
1) if a Troupe Master is with you the Embraces (due to -3ap) vs armor saves (not invuls) will out damage Caress even with Invuls
2) You dont want to melee t8+ so the S5 isnt needed, the 3+ to wound vs 4+ compare -2ap to -3ap is literally 0.37 more wounds PER 5 man Tourpe unit with 5 Embraces vs 5 Caress.

Your literally paying 15pts more for 0.37% chance to do 1 more wound, those 15pts can be saved for a Fusion Pistol or 2.

IMO all 3 fist weapons needs to be 6pts, then you have real options.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 09:34

amishprn86 wrote:

Yeah, it seems odd that they're all reasonably balanced against each other, ie you trade S for AP etc but then they cost wildly different amount of points.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 11:34

Count Adhemar wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

Yeah, it seems odd that they're all reasonably balanced against each other, ie you trade S for AP etc but then they cost wildly different amount of points.

I mention this to them and they said they like the idea and i put forth a valid some valid points.

But idk if they will take that into consideration, they seem to think Kiss's are overpowered. They do 1 more "damage" vs MEQ but the D3 damage doesnt mean a lot, since most the time Melee is against 1 wound guys.

Having 1 unit of 5 Kiss's as a character hunting unit is a great idea that i want to run, BUT its godly costly, when i can just have 5 FP and 5 Embraces for literally the same cost......

Thats 20 S4 -3ap with 5 S8 -4 ap D6  vs 20 S4 -1ap D3

145pts, 5 Troupes with x5 Kiss's
20 attacks with a Kiss =6.67 "damage"

150pts, 5 Troupes with x5 Embrace's X5 FP's
20 attacks with Embrace =5.56 "damage"
5 attacks with FP = 9 "damage"

Back to top Go down
angelrei
Hellion
angelrei

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 15:13

Thanks for all your input and thanks amishprn86 for all your input on embraces, will be adding them to my units. Now just need some advice on what to sort the other units as, the jet bikes and the vehicle, should I be using star bola's or the melee weapons, should I be using the vehicle with the heavy weapon or should I make in a transport?.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 15:44

Starweavers are amazing the (transport), always take them with a Troupe units.

Bikes are ok, dont take more than 1 unit, and always take the Zephyrglaive.

Take a Troupe Master with your Troupes, it gives them re-rolls to wound and he is also good, at 2+ to hit 5 attacks, re-rolls to wounds.

The Heavy vehicle is no point in taking unless your playing pure Harlequins.

Shadowseers are great, but better in a heavy quins list, if you are taking quins for melee support then Troupe Masters are better.

Back to top Go down
angelrei
Hellion
angelrei

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 16:41

amishprn86 wrote:

Take a Troupe Master with your Troupes, it gives them re-rolls to wound and he is also good, at 2+ to hit 5 attacks, re-rolls to wounds.

Shadowseers are great, but better in a heavy quins list, if you are taking quins for melee support then Troupe Masters are better.

Thanks will get that made into a transport. Was thinking of using them for melee instead of wyches tbh. asides from those I just have the two death jesters, dunno how to use those guys.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 17:00

angelrei wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

Thanks will get that made into a transport. Was thinking of using them for melee instead of wyches tbh. asides from those I just have the two death jesters, dunno how to use those guys.

You wait to play the Deathjester until the codex is out.

His rules are bad and he is overcosted, its a double whammy.

Literally his 2 rules for the gun doesnt work like it suppose to.....

Back to top Go down
Krom4095
Slave
Krom4095

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 03:43

If a person was playing a pure Harlequin list, what heavy vehicle(s) would be best to include?

Do most Harlequin players include a Solitaire?

I'm a brand new WH 40K player so my game knowledge is slim to none, and Slim just left town. Just really like the Harlequin background and the models seem really unique.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 04:55

The Voidweaver is the only heavy and IMO the Prismatic Cannon is best b.c you have Melta Pistols, it also is only 4pts more for 3 options to shoot, a lance, a D3 S6 shots or D6 S4. The other weapon option it can have is a haywire cannon.. they are not very good. It also comes with 2 Shuriken Cannons standard.

The Solitaire is ok. he has 2 positives, 1 man unit to fit into hard area's and he can move 36" once and still charge. Other than that you are paying 117pts for 1/2 the attacks of a 105pt unit of Troupes with Embraces (8 base attacks vs 20 base attacks). So you see why he is just ok at best. He is very fun unit to play with tho Smile

Back to top Go down
alexxk
Slave
alexxk

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 20:53

Well, most harlequin only players ond use any voidweavers at all! It runs down to multiple troops in starweavers with maybe 2 2-3 model units of the bikes. Add in a shadowweaver in one of the troops instead of the master and you are good to go!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 21:03

alexxk wrote:
Well, most harlequin only players ond use any voidweavers at all! It runs down to multiple troops in starweavers with maybe 2 2-3 model units of the bikes. Add in a shadowweaver in one of the troops instead of the master and you are good to go!

Not true actually a few of the top quin players uses 6-10 Voidweavers, I think it was the top UK quins player was running 10 voidweavers.

Here is one of the guys, he took 1st in an official ITC tournament albeit it was a small one with only like 60 players. But it gets the point across.

https://youtu.be/8Qmaizj1_SE?t=159

PS i've been running 4 voidweavers here is a batrep about it http://www.thedarkcity.net/t16459-harlequins-vs-ba-and-ultr-sm-s

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque Harlequins    Death Masque Harlequins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Masque Harlequins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: