THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Candice Heart-Reaper
Hellion
Candice Heart-Reaper

Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)  Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)    Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 01:24

Hi y'all, I'm new to the forum so I might aswell present mysefl quickly as I'm at it;
The name's Rob, I'm 16 and I've been in the hobby for a little more than 4 years now,
working since on an Ork army, and more recently on a Dark Eldar Kabal. That's about it
for the presentations, so I'll dig in with my list. First off I'd like to point out it's in no way a
competitive one, as I'm bassically fielding only units with models that I like. I was hoping
if anyone could provide me advice on how to play these specific units together, and how to make
a cohesive force of what is just merely an amalgam of units I crave visually speaking.
(Taking in account that I mostly play against Ork, Nids, and other troop spam armies.)

Anyway here it is;

HQ;

Archon ...... 160pts
- Huskblade ......
- Soultrap .....
- Blast pistol ......
- Ghostplate armour ......
- Clone field ......
- Combat Drugs ......

Haemonculus ...... 100pts
- Venom Blade ......
- Liquifier gun ......
- WWP ......

Haemonculus ...... 65pts
- Venom Blade ......
- Liquifier gun ......

Troops:

8 Wyches ...... 105pts
- Hydra Gauntlets ......
- Hekatrix ......
- Venom Blade .......

10 Kabalites ...... 175pts
- Blaster ......
- Dark Lance ......
- Sybarite ......
- PGL ......
- Blast Pistol ......

8 Wyches ...... 105pts
- Hydra Gauntlets ......
- Hekatrix ......
- Venom Blade .......

Fast Attack:

5 Hellions ...... 95pts
- Helliarch ......
- Venom Blade ......

5 Scourges ...... 134pts
- 2 x Heat Lance ......

3 Reavers ...... 78pts
- Heat Lance ......

Heavy Support:

1 Voidraven ...... 185pts
- 2 Necrotoxin missiles ......
- 2 Shatterfield missile ......

Dedicated Transport:
2 Raiders ...... 2 x 85pts
- Enhanced aethersails ......
- Night shields ......
- Flickerfield ......

Total: 1400pts aprox

Last edited by Candice Heart-Reaper on Fri Nov 04 2011, 16:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
darkeldarfan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)    Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 07:28

Sounds like a fun list. I would suggest playing for fun and seeing what you like in this list. You need more lances, scourges should be used as a mobile unite (dark lance nullifies this), and my reavers never stay alive long enough to do anything.
Back to top Go down
Candice Heart-Reaper
Hellion
Candice Heart-Reaper

PostSubject: Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)   Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 13:33

Thanks ! I haven't thought of the Scourges being slowed down by heavy weapons (Kind of stupid of me..). How about two Heat Lances or two Haywire blasters ? Wich one of those do you think would be the best choice ? I really like the Heat Lances, but the range of them really makes them kind of a suicide unit, kind of like Ork Burnas, who for my part only get one shot of there uber-spamed flamers before being completely annihilated. I could give in to the Haywire blasters, but then it's there efficiency against vehicles I'm really starting to doubt.. Can you really do anything apart from glance with those ?

Anyway I was planning in boosting the squad numbers to ten (For the scourges and hellions), adding
a razorwing, a unit or two of Warriors or Wyches, and a couple of venoms or raiders. And also boosting
the reavers to a six man squad, for I can indeed already see them painfully get asskicked on turn 1-2 while
only being three of them.

And is it possible to get any tactics regarding the Archon ?

Back to top Go down
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)    Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 16:01

Use heatblasters to slice open a vehicle before your assaulty troops charge. They're enablers, notfront-liners. With proper positioning to take advantage of cover, you should be able to minimize return-fire/ assaults.

Captured Victims: Castellan Crowe, Ultramarine Chapter Master
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)    Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 16:18

I am nowhere near to proclaiming myself a master tactician but there are some things I feel that I could point out.

Archon - I haven't used one so can't add much but perhaps the the Webway would be served better on the Haemonculus. Shadow Field > Clone Field in my view.

Haemonculus Ancient - He's expensive for what he does with too many tricks up his sleeve, I'd rather run him with just a Liquifier.

Haemonculus - Looks ok to me.

Wyches - I feel that the Blast Pistol isn't needed however I have played games where I wish I had one. I think the PGL is a waste as you shouldn't be getting assaulted. A lot of people don't like them but one pair of Hydras wont hurt.

Kabalites - Feel too tooled up for me, not sure if the Sybarite needs all the extra booty. A sniping unit?

Wyches - See above.

Hellions - Personally I don't see what these will achieve. You can get 3 Wracks in a Venom for that price with 10 to spare.

Scourges - I don't think the Solarite is needed and I don't like to see weapons mixed in units like these. Have a look at Haywire Blasters. Oh on a sidenote, Haywires on the Wyches would be a good choice.

Reavers - Again I'd drop everything except the Heat Lance.

Voidraven - I don't think the mix of missiles is a bad thing and I don't have too much experience with the V'raven. Let us know how it works.

Raiders - Them's some expensive Raiders! Really don't think you need any of that, maybe some Flickers though.

Perhaps I'm being too critical and taking the fun out of your list but everything seems to have bells and whistles attached. With all the points saved you could add at least two Ravagers.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Candice Heart-Reaper
Hellion
Candice Heart-Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)    Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 16:29

Yeah, I've always been that way, adding so much wargear that I get overkilled by the masses.
..But upgrading is fun.. Rolling Eyes

Although I mostly play for the fun, it would be nice to add some tactical stuff to an army..
I'll trim that all down, make some few changes, play test it tomorrow and tell you how it went.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)    Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 16:33

I realised as I was writing that, that I was probably sucking the soul and fun out of your army. I always think the best thing to do when starting is read the book and take what you like and then play and play and play.

You'll soon get an idea of what you like using and what works, then you can add changes as much as you like.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Candice Heart-Reaper
Hellion
Candice Heart-Reaper

PostSubject: Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)   Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 16:48

While I'll stick to my unit choices, a few wargear modifications won't hurt me ! Smile
I changed the list anyway. I've now got a 125pts to spend on something. I was thinking maybe boost the Hellion or the Scourge squad to a ten man one.

Last edited by Candice Heart-Reaper on Sat Nov 05 2011, 01:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)    Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 16:50

I support caltrops on the RJB, yeah, theyre expenseive, but 3d6 S6 hits on a unit they boost over? That's just plain cool, and psychologically shocking to the opponent.

Captured Victims: Castellan Crowe, Ultramarine Chapter Master
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)    Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Black Mist (1500pts DE army/advice needed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: