THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Astra Mili....WHAT?!?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

Astra Mili....WHAT?!? Empty
PostSubject: Astra Mili....WHAT?!?   Astra Mili....WHAT?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 16:05

Afternoon all,
I listened to warhammer TV live chatting about the upcoming Astra Militarium book and something startled me. Leman Russ models (which I've always had a soft spot for) have gained a rule whereby if they only move at half speed or less they can fire their main gun twice. Also if they are taken as part of a Cadian detachment they can re roll ones to miss. Also if you put Knight commander pask in a Leman Russ he hits on a 2+. Aaaand they have apparently slightly DECREASED (that's right) the number of points they are worth.
So...to put all this in to practice. Imagine a Leman Russ punisher with Pask in it moving at half speed. It fires 40!!!!! shots a turn hitting on 2s (rerolling ones so pretty much auto hitting) and at strength 5 it'll squish most infantry. 40!!!!
For 1300 points (my maths is only rough here) you get 9 of these. That's 360 shots a turn!!! All of them re rolling ones to hit. Aaaaand, apparently if you only take tanks in your army you get objective secured for your Russ!!
Does anyone else think this is crazy powerful?? Or am I Missing something?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Astra Mili....WHAT?!?   Astra Mili....WHAT?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 16:21

This is quite crazy, but it looks like every army is getting something equally crazy!
Deatn Guard have a bit of insanity in them too, so do Mechanicum.

The Orders and Doctrines are extremely interesting, and give me hope for what the kabals might get in the future.
I mean the Cadian thing is one thing, but Valhallans only count half their wounds taken for stat degredation! Catachans reroll random shots weapons! Vostroyans get +6" to Rapid and Heavy weapons! Mordians get +1 to Overwatch!
There are great! Craftworlds and Kabals/Cults/Covens are going to be great at this rate!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Astra Mili....WHAT?!?   Astra Mili....WHAT?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 17:26

Every codex will be at that level of power, or so it seems.

The problem is that we are bound to lose against every faction that has a codex, until we get one.

To me, it looks like GW knows the codices are crazy powerful : that's why they want to release them so fast. Once it's done, the game will become stable. But now we are in a crazy period where every single thing looks overpowered.

Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Astra Mili....WHAT?!?   Astra Mili....WHAT?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 17:50

Nothing new to a dark eldar player.
Yet I got some win against alpha legion, it is still possible to win against a codex.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Astra Mili....WHAT?!?   Astra Mili....WHAT?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 17:51

Of course it is. But the unbalance is obvious, so the odds are'nt in your favor Smile

Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Astra Mili....WHAT?!?   Astra Mili....WHAT?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 18:08

Doesn't it add to the satisfaction?
Anyway I agree, once all the codicis will be out every army will have equal footing and we will laugh at how Mortarion felt overpowered. Or not...
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Astra Mili....WHAT?!?   Astra Mili....WHAT?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 18:20

Clearly, the average power-level of the entire game will have doubled by the end of the year. Which is not a bad thing, but it makes the transition a bit awkward.

And yes, Mortarion feels unkillable now, but he will not be for very long Smile

Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Astra Mili....WHAT?!?   Astra Mili....WHAT?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 18:57

Also while a nice example of the greatest tank commander, and yes those tanks had a good buff, as most things in the codexes. Although I have not seen the warhammer live eppisode so some things on my part are speculation.
Also you can only have 1 pask, so no spamming them, and after a few wounds he hits on a 3 or 4+, only has a 24 inch range (while good, it means that once tables have quite some terain getting 9 of those large tanks in range and line of sight might be harder then you think with only moving those few inches).
So yes it is definetly very very good. But I don't think it is out of line with the other codexes which are released.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astra Mili....WHAT?!?   Astra Mili....WHAT?!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astra Mili....WHAT?!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-