THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K

Go down 
+2
Archon_91
lcfr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K Empty
PostSubject: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 02:24

Hi all, just wanted to get some feedback on this list. Drukhari players tend to praise the Razorwing Jetfighter for its cost-efficiency but I think that for less than 20 more points the Voidraven's access to Mortal Wounds and a fire output that is very close makes it the better choice. You wouldn't move your Voidravens into awkward positions just to drop a perfect Void Mine but even the WAY you move your Voidravens means you can play with the fact that your opponent has to take out the ones that still have their Void Mine before they can worry about the ones that have already done their damage, and even if not every Voidraven has a chance to drop its Void Mine some of their movements will force your opponents to have to play around them. Yes, you lose the game if you lose your 4 non-Flyer vehicles but they're still fairly hardy and the Voidravens left alone are seriously dangerous, the threat of taking on more Mortal Wounds on top of a multidamage army is just something that can't be ignored.

The other component of the army is a Raider carrying Kabalites and the Archon, two squads of Mandrakes, and 3 Ravagers each with two Disinterators and 1 Dark Lance. The Voidravens force opponents to have to deal with them, potentially watch their movement, and you just play keep-away with the rest of the army unless there are circumstances where beelining your Ravagers into melee to stop crucial units from shooting makes sense. The Mandrakes provide the same service, more Mortal Wounds and the ability to just be in the enemy's backfield. In theory if your opponent DOES commit to a strategy of wiping out your non-Flyers, hold back a unit of Mandrakes as long as possible and then deploy them out of harm's way.

Anyways, I don't have 6 Voidravens but I think I'd really like to. I think the ability to drop Void Mines on large infantry units and the large amount of multishot darklight (7 Dissies and 12 Dark Scythes) means that this list can take on hordes really well too.

Air Wing + Air Wing + Spearhead   6CP

Archon w/Agonizer, PGL, & Blaster

2x Ravagers w/2x Dissie Cannons, 1x Dark Lance, Shock Prow
1x Ravager w/2x Dissie Cannons, 1x Dark Lance

7x Kabalites w/Blaster & Agonizer

Raider w/Dissie Cannon

5x Mandrakes
5x Mandrakes

6x Voidraven Bomber w/Dark Scythes
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 03:56

The real difference between the two is the amount of firepower, the Voidravens ability to do mortal wounds is great but think about 6-7 Razorwings flying around with dual dissies, a selection of missiles and a splinter cannon. Many more shots going out ... However I do see the appeal of 6 mortal wound bombs
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 04:15

I think Dissies are great but in a game with so much accessible invulnerables being able to skip having to hit, wound, and get through armour makes Mortal Wounds REALLY good, and we've never had something like this in our game and I think people are still underrating it.
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 15:24

The problem I see with this list is a similarly shooty army can potentially shoot you off the table turn 1. If you put Mandrakes in reserve, you're looking at 3 Ravagers and 1 Raider with 8 dudes inside. Maybe you can hide an Archon outside transport for a few turns, but it'll get hunted down once it's the only ground unit on the table.

On top of that, you'll have major objective capture problems.

I'd cut down to 1 Air Wing personally.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 17:07

Something you could do is sit your Archon behind a wall and make him be the "mandatory on ground unit", to ensure you don't lose. He's tough to kill, this could actually become very frustrating for your opponent.
Back to top Go down
Rhameil
Hellion
Rhameil

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 18:02

What about mixing the two flyers? Might save you some points for another ground unit.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 19:59

It's just a 14pt difference, and if it's spent on something requiring a transport it doesn't do much.

If the typical strategy is to have the Archon hide in the backfield then changing two Voidravens to RWJs could be enough just to round out the squad of Kabalites in the Raider.

It's definitely possible this list just gets its non flyers vaporized by shooting heavy armies but I think there are enough tricks to make it extreme gruelling.

I play one Air Wing already in typical games but even that is 2 RWJs and 1 Voidraven. I think just as a start I'll play more Voidravens. I know people love that for 155pts you get two DLs and D6 missile shots but I think Mortal Wounds and +2 wounds makes the Voidraven better even naked with Dark Scythes. Once I get around to that I'll post my findings.

Missiles are good but mortal wounds are better. That's my take on it at the end of the day. And having a one use only massively damaging mortal wound effect fits better, for my style at least, than D6 missile shots over the course of 1-2 and maaaaybe 3 turns
Back to top Go down
Rhameil
Hellion
Rhameil

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 20:06

Please keep us updated. I've got 2 RWJs and Voidraven as well. I would love an excuse to get more at I think they're our best looking models.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 20:57

Rhameil wrote:
Please keep us updated. I've got 2 RWJs and Voidraven as well. I would love an excuse to get more at I think they're our best looking models.

How have you been finding your Voidraven fares next to the two Jets? Do you typically pay for the Voidraven missile upgrade?

I don't pay for Missiles any more, they weren't worth it but it's good that the RWJ comes stock with them.

I usally deploy the Voidraven last of the Flyers because its turn 1 trajectory is really important, I always drop the Void Mine on turn 1 and it's almost always on units of infantry. There are exceptions obviously, like if my opponent has started placing their infantry on one end of the board I know they're the slowest units so I'll just overdeploy on the opposite flank as far as possible from them. Likewise if there are smaller elite units or dangerous multiwound units like Black Knights, they get the bomb instead.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 20:59

Rhameil wrote:

How have you been finding your Voidraven fares next to the two Jets? Do you typically pay for the Voidraven missile upgrade?

I don't pay for Missiles any more, they weren't worth it but it's good that the RWJ comes stock with them.

I usally deploy the Voidraven last of the Flyers because its turn 1 trajectory is really important, I always drop the Void Mine on turn 1 and it's almost always on units of infantry. There are exceptions obviously, like if my opponent has started placing their infantry on one end of the board I know they're the slowest units so I'll just overdeploy on the opposite flank as far as possible from them. Likewise if there are smaller elite units or dangerous multiwound units like Black Knights, they get the bomb instead.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 23:14

You seem to praise mortal wounds. What is your actual meta? Do you face a lot of units with invulnerable saves?
Back to top Go down
Rhameil
Hellion
Rhameil

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 23:17

I haven't felt the need to pay for the missles. The bomb gets work done every game. To be honest though I've been lucky with opponents not being able to cope with 3 flyers, although I suspect that some of that is them not fully understanding that -1 to hit is quite a nerf from always 6s.
I see the RWJs as much consistent pressure with the Raven being more of a one shot big explosion at the right opportunity. I've found that people are scared of the mortal wounds so using it for board control is a viable tactic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K   Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drukhari Flyer Spam 2K
Page 1 of 1