THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
40K_Keyser
Slave
40K_Keyser

Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions Empty
PostSubject: Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions   Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 07 2017, 20:33

Hello,

I'm currently designing a fan-made expansion for Forbidden Stars and need the names of planets or sub-realms for the homeworld tile other than Commorragh. The issue I have is that while reading the lore of the dark city, I feel I'm not understanding, or at least can't find the right answers, sub-realms and regions and would like some clarification among the more knowledgeable.

Is Commmorragh and all its regions on a sole world or are they separate regions that belong to different worlds across different sub-realms that are all inter-linked through the webway?

If its the latter, would I be able to suggest any region of Commorragh as a separate world or area not on Commorragh itself?

Additionally, other than Shaa-Dom and Pandaimon, are there any other sub-realms mentioned in the DE lore yet to be or have been recently consumed by Vect?

Kind regards,

Keyser
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions   Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08 2017, 01:25

40K_Keyser wrote:
Is Commmorragh and all its regions on a sole world or are they separate regions that belong to different worlds across different sub-realms that are all inter-linked through the webway?
They're not worlds at all, but rather parts of the Webway.
They are functionally at the same time vastly distant from each other, and yet also very close to each other thanks to the way the Webway works and how portals are used to interconnect them.

40K_Keyser wrote:
If its the latter, would I be able to suggest any region of Commorragh as a separate world or area not on Commorragh itself?
Not familiar enough with the game to comment on that.

40K_Keyser wrote:
Additionally, other than Shaa-Dom and Pandaimon, are there any other sub-realms mentioned in the DE lore yet to be or have been recently consumed by Vect?
There are lots of areas mentioned, though less clarity offered as to which of those areas are classified as specifically sub-realms and which are merely districts within a sub-realm.
Aur-Ilithain comes to mind as specifically being mentioned as a sub-realm.
There are also spots like Sec Maegra, The Port of Lost Souls, The Tower of Flesh, The Illmaea and their associated temples, Corespur, Khaine's Gate, et al.

Back to top Go down
40K_Keyser
Slave
40K_Keyser

PostSubject: Re: Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions   Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08 2017, 08:59

Hi,

thanks for the info. It makes more sense after reading about the many regions of Commorragh now that you've highlighted some of them as I've found a list of regions that mentions them.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions   Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08 2017, 12:47

Are you also including Aelendrach (think I spelt that right)? The Shadow Realm the Mandrakes appear out of.

Slave
40K_Keyser

PostSubject: Re: Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions   Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08 2017, 14:21

Lord Nakariial wrote:
Are you also including Aelendrach (think I spelt that right)? The Shadow Realm the Mandrakes appear out of.

So the list of regions I know to be interconnected via gateways I found is at the Lexicanum site under commorragh (I can't post links)

And the thread has text that cements Thor665 response to my first post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions   Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lore Query: Sub-realms and Regions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: