THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Trouble with flying bases

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Royalecheez
Slave
Royalecheez

Trouble with flying bases Empty
PostSubject: Trouble with flying bases   Trouble with flying bases I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 12:13

I know this is nothing new but I have bought several aeldari boxes since starting collecting again and the flying bases with the ball on the end just simply do not fit.

I bought boxes of DE bikes, raiders and ravages before several years ago that had the same style flying base and had no problem. They fit snugly and propped the model up well enough to easily move them about the table without the base falling off the underside. Now it doesn't even have enough tension to hold the model upright.

I've ordered metal stands from eBay I'm just going to drill out the underside so I'm sure that will solve the problem. Just wondering if anyone else was having a similar expirience??
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with flying bases   Trouble with flying bases I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 14:48

Hi there.

Yeah, same here, now I always pin my transparent bases ( old tut w. pictures ) and it does the trick.

You can also use magnets (the most recommended solution, for casing) and also I saw on this forum lately someone recommandind 3rd parties mechanical stuff that screw (seems nice).
Here's the link : http://www.corseceng.com/warhammer/

Trouble with flying bases 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Trouble with flying bases 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Royalecheez
Slave
Royalecheez

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with flying bases   Trouble with flying bases I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 10:49

Ahhh awesome thank you. Those Omni stands are exactly what I am looking for. I was going to try and do the same thing with some personal engineering but this is much easier.
Back to top Go down
Shingen
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with flying bases   Trouble with flying bases I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 16:45

Im lazy, I just put a few extra layers of paint in the hole Smile
Back to top Go down
lmrz
Hellion
lmrz

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with flying bases   Trouble with flying bases I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 17:49

I find this works also. And if it doesn’t I drill and pin.
Back to top Go down
Royalecheez
Slave
Royalecheez

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with flying bases   Trouble with flying bases I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 18:58

I've already ordered some of the Omni bases. Hopefully they work as good as they look
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with flying bases   Trouble with flying bases I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 03:28

@Royalecheez : let us know. For now I'm using pinning bases but it's far from perfect with vehicules :/

They tends to fall or desolidirize when moved

Trouble with flying bases 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Trouble with flying bases 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Royalecheez
Slave
Royalecheez

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with flying bases   Trouble with flying bases I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 13:13

Will do. Ordered them several days ago and the still haven't shipped so hopefully soon.
Back to top Go down
Royalecheez
Slave
Royalecheez

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with flying bases   Trouble with flying bases I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 13:16

If the Omni bases don't work I found the older style peg flying bases on eBay but made from aircraft grade aluminum. I will just drill a hole in the ball socket and probably use those. These Omni bases look pretty high quality. But you just never know
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with flying bases   Trouble with flying bases I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 14 2017, 04:16

I have the corsec bases and they are awesome.

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with flying bases   Trouble with flying bases I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble with flying bases
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: