THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Clothar
Slave
Clothar

Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters Empty
PostSubject: Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters   Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 01:00

After waiting almost half a year for Razorwing Jetfighters to restock, I broke down and bought 3 used and poorly painted ones. They arrived yesterday and I am concerned about stripping these down. My stripping experience is mostly limited to old metal infantry models and the size of these Jetfighters is what is worrying me. Am I concerned about nothing? For stripping materials on hand I have LA Totally Awesome and a few streets over a friend of mine has both Super Clean and Simple Green if needed.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters   Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 03:37

I already stripped mine (bad white undercoat because of dry air, got all textured) and it went somewhat okay.

I mean the paint did go off well, but I had some problems with assembly and at some point the superglue got weakened and it openened a little bit.

Nothing to worry about though, I cleaned it, dried it and reglued it, went all fine.

I used glanzer (the green one) and it worked great.

Regarding the size, I used a bucket, put all the glanzer in, added RWJF and a weight si it stays fully under the liquid. At the end I used so coffee filters (2 at a time, change when paint clogs too much) and a funnel to refill the bottle ^^

Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters   Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 15:23

I've used Dettol to good effect on plastic models without and loss of detail or destruction of glue Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters   Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 16:41

I'll test that, thanks you

Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Clothar
Slave
Clothar

PostSubject: Re: Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters   Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03 2017, 23:02

I completely forgot to post a thank you to everyone that replied. I finished stripping all 3 and one is almost unusable. It looked like the person that modeled it cut parts of the sprue incorrectly and man does it look terrible. Going to patch with green stuff as much as possible and hopefully one month GW will have these restocked for the US so we can actually buy them again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters   Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: