THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Tools and Miscellenea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

New Tools and Miscellenea Empty
PostSubject: New Tools and Miscellenea   New Tools and Miscellenea I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 16:31

I haven't seen the new 'other' items being released by GW discussed on the forum and not much elsewhere too in fact. Just wanted to garner some feedback from you all about them, they're really interesting my wallet.

Mega Paint Set - We all know what this is. And the prices you save on it. Really thinking about finally picking one up.

Paint Station Plus - You can now buy the paint station with two water pots, the cutting mat and two cute pallettes. Not a bad shout.

'Eavy Metal Masterclass - £18 for a book full of masterclasses in advanced painting techniques, not bad, unless you buy WD and then you will have it all already.

'Eavy Metal Brush Set - £31 for two 'highest quality' brushes, two pots of medium and an 8 page booklet. Seems steep to me.

Custom Army Cases - I really don't see what's special about these compared to the normal ones, unless it's the tank foam inside.

Special Edition Dice Cube - They now have gem dice. Pretty.

Grass Tufts - Finally the last addition and GW have caught up with the rest of the world and released tufts.

Aside from the paint station it is all while stocks last so get your orders in soon if you want it. November 19th is the release date.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Skjalgepalg
Hellion
Skjalgepalg

PostSubject: Re: New Tools and Miscellenea   New Tools and Miscellenea I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 21:00

Picked up my mega paint set yesterday.

Loving the sheer amount of color. And the case is actually quite handy for keeping track of them (sooo many ^^)

The brushes are different from the ones I usually use for painting, but so far they have been good. Not really sure of what to use the stippling brush for though.

Anyone able to shed some light?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New Tools and Miscellenea   New Tools and Miscellenea I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 21:31

Skjalgepalg wrote:

The brushes are different from the ones I usually use for painting, but so far they have been good. Not really sure of what to use the stippling brush for though.

Anyone able to shed some light?

Not to sound like a wise guy, but it's for stippling. Great technique for doing rust effects on metal. Did this a lot for my Ogre Kingdoms army, but didn't use this type of brush.
GW article:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?community=&catId=cat410002&categoryId=1100022&pIndex=9&aId=6600003&start=10

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: New Tools and Miscellenea   New Tools and Miscellenea I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 22:44

Links to sparkly dice cubes?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New Tools and Miscellenea   New Tools and Miscellenea I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 23:30

New Tools and Miscellenea Attachment

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Skjalgepalg
Hellion
Skjalgepalg

PostSubject: Re: New Tools and Miscellenea   New Tools and Miscellenea I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 23:48

Cheers for link, Evil space elves.

Seems getting the right balance of wet/dry is crucial to actually benefit from the brush' texture.

Though i find it great for applying uneven mud-splatter to cloth or boots.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New Tools and Miscellenea   New Tools and Miscellenea I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 00:21

Skjalgepalg wrote:
Cheers for link, Evil space elves.

Seems getting the right balance of wet/dry is crucial to actually benefit from the brush' texture.

Though i find it great for applying uneven mud-splatter to cloth or boots.
No problem. I don't like to see a tool go to waste. It seems like it would work well if you added some weathering pigments to the paint mix to give it some texture too. Should look pretty realistic if you mix it right. Makes me want to paint some
Ogres again.....No! Can't get side-tracked again!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Tools and Miscellenea   New Tools and Miscellenea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Tools and Miscellenea
Page 1 of 1