THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alaitoc and conceal Rumors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Alaitoc and conceal Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Alaitoc and conceal Rumors   Alaitoc and conceal Rumors I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 04:13

So I saw a post today about the 5 craftworld traits and what the 2 missing traits are. Saim-Hann is supposedly reroll charges and jetbikes dont suffer penalty for heavy weapons. Alaitoc is the -1 to hitt if past 12" we have come to know and love. These are rumors but Alaitoc flyers will be bananas if these are true.

I'm thinking you have your good old fashioned Hemloc Waithfighter, you know, the one flyer every eldar army currently takes. Give it conceal from the warlock, give it the alaitoc craftworld trait and then hard to hit. That's an incredible -3 to hit. You need ballistic skill 3+ to hit it. BS 4+ cannot hit this flyer which would make it unkillable against a lot of armies. Orks might not actually even be able to kill it since they don't have a lot of assault style units that can fly.

Even then, the -1 from conceal on jetbikes + the alaitoc trait is still damn good.

I'm willing to bet they get a stratagem like the alpha legion one to "infiltrate" a unit. Infiltrating shadow spectres or wraithguard? Can we make them Ynnari too? Oh boy...
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Alaitoc and conceal Rumors   Alaitoc and conceal Rumors I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 05:36

I hope GW knows better than to allows the Gorgonzoldar back with a flyer that inflict -2/-3 to hit. That would be incredibly broken design, and no fun it to be found is such a unit.

Kabalite Warrior
WildCandy

PostSubject: Re: Alaitoc and conceal Rumors   Alaitoc and conceal Rumors I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 07:54

Yes, but would create that Paper/Rock/Scissors list building. Against Full melee, that foregoes shooting vs close combat could still benefit as you are not paying for shooty weapons.

One/(two) hemlock(s) cannot carry 2k pts list, against infantry heavy it just doesn't kill enough invicible or not.

I see more potential Cry out if Alaitoc can take all different units with the -1 benefit and from roster can take Shadow spectres, warp spiders, engines to vehicles of -1 to hit and so on to gain -2 to hit as standard and with conceal / other tricks -3 all around.

If on top of that one can be Craftworld Alaitoc, Ynnari and have best of both worlds (as in keeping the craftworld bonuses -1 to hit for example and gaining soul burst) we are looking at pretty broken combo's.
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Alaitoc and conceal Rumors   Alaitoc and conceal Rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 01:56

Yeah I'm just wondering if to gain the craftworlds bonus, you just have to have that trait and not the detachment type. If it's just a free rule, then its pretty great to stack that on. I know for stratagems yu must have a detachment of that type eg Craftworlds but that wouldn't be so bad.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Alaitoc and conceal Rumors   Alaitoc and conceal Rumors I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2017, 02:50

In the stream today they said that the craftworld codex doesn't allow you to get the craftworld bonus if you are ynnari.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Alaitoc and conceal Rumors   Alaitoc and conceal Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23 2017, 23:22

Correct. CW traits do not come into play if you're Ynnari.

PostSubject: Re: Alaitoc and conceal Rumors   Alaitoc and conceal Rumors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alaitoc and conceal Rumors
Page 1 of 1